• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Seahawks the luckiest team in NFL history?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold you used to debate logically. What happened? See my post to flyerhawk. Same applies to you.
You want a serious discussion on luck? About the only thing I got to say about that is, if you work hard and strive to be better you tend to make your own luck. After that it's ...."that the way the ball bounces" nobody has a lock on being lucky.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has a different view on what Luck is. In football terms things that usually don't happen or the success or fail rate is low and that team over comes it I consider it luck. Examples; Miss chip shot success rate from that distance is like 98%(something like that), onside kick 5% recover rate(again not exact number), Hail mary 2% success rate. These things have happen to seattle in the last 2 years. No other team has achieved all 3 in the last 2-3 years. Thats why i call it football luck.
Dude you don't make any sense!! The Vike's FG kicker made 3 FG's today and missed the last one. Shit happens.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the late, great Lakers announcer Chick Hearn used to say: "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and if you can be both, you might really have something."

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you don't make any sense!! The Vike's FG kicker made 3 FG's today and missed the last one. Shit happens.
Not my fault that u are not smart enough. Its common sense. Yes shit does happen. It just happens to seattle a lot. It was a chip shot. go check how many misses there were this year from that distance or shorter. Then come back to me. Go check the last time a team recovered an onside kick in the playoffs to win a game. Come back to me again. In terms this is called Football luck. It happens I agree but not that much and especially to the same team. Go check out hail mary plays that succeeded. once a year maybe. LOL get a clue man.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't find that word you're looking for, eh?

Never really had much of an issue on vocabulary Rex. Thanks for asking. Now math? I'm weak there.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my fault that u are not smart enough. Its common sense. Yes shit does happen. It just happens to seattle a lot. It was a chip shot. go check how many misses there were this year from that distance or shorter. Then come back to me. Go check the last time a team recovered an onside kick in the playoffs to win a game. Come back to me again. In terms this is called Football luck. It happens I agree but not that much and especially to the same team. Go check out hail mary plays that succeeded. once a year maybe. LOL get a clue man.

And? So fvcking what?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Hawks made mistakes early on Special teams

... Vikings made mistakes late on Special teams...

Mono-e-Mono, just different moments of the game...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? So fvcking what?
Im just trying to help people out with the term luck. When I say luck Im talking about football luck. I wish my team had some football luck. I just hate people that deny it. Its common sense. Weird crap has happen to seattle. As a fan you take it. I just wouldn't defend it. I would say hell yes my team is getting lucky and Im ok with it because we are winning. thats all. Just don't be blind. no one is saying seattle sucks. Football gods are just with them right now. u ride it as long as you can.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does me being smart have to do with the Hawks winning today? You can call it luck with you wish, but don't think you are any smarter than anyone else on Sportshoopla, just because in your opinion you think it was luck. The Hawks score a TD and kicked a FG, the Vikings make three FG's. End of game, time to move on.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean after the game u had 5 seattle players in interviews mention Luck and God. LOL

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks gave the Vikings a FG early with the bumbled punt. Vikings gave the 3 back at the end with the missed FG. Seems pretty even to me. Seattle scored a TD. Vikings didn't. Seattle once again shut down AP.

The tears are DELICIOUS.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just trying to help people out with the term luck. When I say luck Im talking about football luck. I wish my team had some football luck. I just hate people that deny it. Its common sense. Weird crap has happen to seattle. As a fan you take it. I just wouldn't defend it. I would say hell yes my team is getting lucky and Im ok with it because we are winning. thats all. Just don't be blind. no one is saying seattle sucks. Football gods are just with them right now. u ride it as long as you can.
LMFAO!!! What makes you think you are smart enough, "to help anybody out with the term luck"? Are you the chosen one or the football King???

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean after the game u had 5 seattle players in interviews mention Luck and God. LOL

Every winning team had God on their side, are you new to this NFL/athlete thing?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!!! What makes you think you are smart enough, "to help anybody out with the term luck"? Are you the chosen one or the football King???
nope just some insight thats all. That is what I think about luck. Some people believe and some don't. Just like religion. Some people believe in god and some don't.. That facts are still there, seattle has had some crazy stuff happen to win games late. Props to them but don't sit here and think they are this great team this year. They were 10-6 for a reason or they out played Minn. It was a boring/great game.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope just some insight thats all. That is what I think about luck. Some people believe and some don't. Just like religion. Some people believe in god and some don't.. That facts are still there, seattle has had some crazy stuff happen to win games late. Props to them but don't sit here and think they are this great team this year. They were 10-6 for a reason or they out played Minn. It was a boring/great game.
Who said Seattle was a "great" team this year?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Generally when people cite 'common sense,' it means they've either lost the argument, or have nothing much more to offer up substantive.

It's like handicappers when he talks about fuzzy things like 'heart.' There's no way to argue against it.

Now, having said that, if you'd take luck for your team, why are you questioning luck for other teams? That makes no sense.

Teams generally make their own luck. Stars get calls, good teams get calls. Other teams press and are more likely to make errors when playing good teams.

There's no external force called 'luck.'

Reactions: JMR