• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Seahawks the luckiest team in NFL history?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to hawks fans but really now. The best team won?

The Vikes snatched a loss from the jaws of victory. Take the win and move on but there was no "better team" in that game.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been around here long enough that you should know Hammer's shtick. He always takes every opportunity to stick his thumb in the eye of about a dozen fan bases. His is the highest horse in the land. Just feed it back to him or laugh about it. If you take it seriously he will eat you alive or at least laugh at you mercilessly. There was no ending that wouldn't have resulted in insults toward the Seahawks fans. Win or lose.
Yeah you're right, I have been around long enough to know Hammer, but I still like to give it back to him. He is the type of fan that really spouts off, without knowing what he is talking about. I know it's all in good fun. Why do you call Hammer "the highest horse in the land"? Is it because he "thinks" he is?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#lacesout!

Wow I did not see that one coming!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Vikes snatched a loss from the jaws of victory. Take the win and move on but there was no "better team" in that game.
Sure the best team won!!! Look at the stats, the Vikes made 3 FG's and the Hawks made a FG and a TD.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt in my mind Seattle is the better team. Played 8 quarters vs the Vikings in their stadium and all Minn's O could do was 3 FGs. AP didn't even average 3 yards a carry. Vikings are not even in position to have a winning FG there without being gifted 3 early in the game and another gift PI call at the end. Yeah, the better team won. Credit to the Vikings for showing up better yesterday and fighting hard though. They played like they belonged there.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that day yesterday the teams were quite equal. The difference was a missed chip shot. Count your lucky stars.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always roll my eyes when some jackass athlete first brings up God after a win. I mean be religious and believe what you want, but no deity is pulling strings to help one team or another in any sport. Keep that shit out of it. They fucking all do it though.

That's the one thing that I don't like about the Seahawks. The team is fucking awesome and love to watch them play, but to give your god all the glory when you're out there busting your ass is just idiotic.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. When a team wins at the last second when the other team botches a play, then the better team really didn't win.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem saying that the Seahawks are a better team than the Vikes but on that field yesterday, they were quite equal.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the one thing that I don't like about the Seahawks. The team is fucking awesome and love to watch them play, but to give your god all the glory when you're out there busting your ass is just idiotic.
That isn't a Seahawks thing, it's a sports in general thing. I see it all the time in post game interviews. Seems like it's actually worse in the NBA and not that much in MLB, but it's everywhere IMO.

I won't hate on any team because of it, but I sure get annoyed at the actual players that do it. For all the talk about Wilson and his religious stuff, at least he doesn't bring it up in post game interviews, at least not often that I can recall. Just stick to the game details and I'm fine with it.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't a Seahawks thing, it's a sports in general thing. I see it all the time in post game interviews. Seems like it's actually worse in the NBA and not that much in MLB, but it's everywhere IMO.

I won't hate on any team because of it, but I sure get annoyed at the actual players that do it. For all the talk about Wilson and his religious stuff, at least he doesn't bring it up in post game interviews, at least not often that I can recall. Just stick to the game details and I'm fine with it.

I agree. I just found it strange yesterday how ALL of them yesterday kept saying,"It's belief man. We prayed. We trusted god." etc. I've never seen such a team focus on a god.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem saying that the Seahawks are a better team than the Vikes but on that field yesterday, they were quite equal.
I have no problem with that.
One team played to win and the other played not to lose. One came out with a solid game plan and executed fairly well under the circumstances and the other couldn't get the play to the line in time a dozen times and didn't play the style of ball that got them there.

Any Seahawk fan that isn't entirely disgusted with the coaching staff and particularly the play on offense in that game is in denial or fantasy land somewhere.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the most routine plays become very difficult as pressure mounts. Ive heard receivers say that the most difficult catches are the ones where theyre running wide open downfield and the ball hangs in the air.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wins the game and yet I wouldn't give a MVP to anyone on the offensive side. The game ball goes to Bennett and no one else is even close. That alone tells you that the vikings lost more than Seattle won, and yet I won't apologize for still being excited and happy that they are moving on. Why should I?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wins the game and yet I wouldn't give a MVP to anyone on the offensive side. The game ball goes to Bennett and no one else is even close. That alone tells you that the vikings lost more than Seattle won, and yet I won't apologize for still being excited and happy that they are moving on. Why should I?

Sherman had a hell of a game too. He was in on a lot of tackles, and quite a few were right at the line of scrimmage.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shit-pie PI call pretty much cancels out the would-be FG. The better team won.
Exactly, that shit-pie PI call on Kam Chancellor was terrible and put the Vikings in position to kick the FG. So yes, it did "cancel out the would-be FG". It's not called luck that he missed the FG, it's called 'karma'.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Vinny Testeverde "Touchdown" that knocked us out of the playoffs says Seattle is NOT the luckiest team all time in the NFL.

amd-jets-td-jpg.jpg

He's clearly in. NOT!