• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Archie Goodwin's charges to be dropped

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns guard Archie Goodwin's charges to be dropped

An Arkansas prosecutor moved to drop charges against Suns guard Archie Goodwin in relation to a May arrest outside a Little Rock skating rink.

The prosecutor passed two charges to be dismissed after six months if there is no more evidence in the case, according to the Sherwood District Court in Little Rock, Ark. Goodwin, 19, plead not guilty in June in the case stemming from a May 4 arrest, in which he was booked into jail on charges of disorderly conduct and refusal to submit to arrest.

Goodwin was leaving the Arkansas Skatium on a Sunday night in Little Rock, his hometown, when a state trooper said Goodwin was "exhibiting aggressive gestures" to another man. Arkansas state police said Goodwin was asked to stop cursing twice before being put into custody and police said he tried to break away from the trooper.

I am glad to see these bogus charges will be dropped.

Since when is it a crime to point at someone & cuss them out?:stephena:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a crime to point at someone and cuss them out if you are saying certain things while cussing. "You're an Fing idiot" is different than "I'm about to get my Fing gun out of my trunk and kill you." The whole thing sounded ridiculous though. Glad they got dropped.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know this happened.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a crime to point at someone and cuss them out if you are saying certain things while cussing. "You're an Fing idiot" is different than "I'm about to get my Fing gun out of my trunk and kill you." The whole thing sounded ridiculous though. Glad they got dropped.

Making threats can be a crime. But it doesn't sound like that was the case here. It just sound like he got into a verbal altercation, pointing at the guy & told him to "go fuck yourself". That is just my hypothetical take on it. And the officer tried assert his authority & Archie didn't "obey" him.