• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AR12 Decisions

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. IMO, even with upside, he was a reach.
Jordan Love, nfl.com

"Challenging evaluation for quarterback-needy teams balancing traits and potential against disappointing 2019 tape. Staff turnover and new starters across the offense are partly to blame for his regression, but self-made flaws in process were also concerns. Love's accuracy took a step back, and his delayed reaction from "see it" to "throw it" when making reads is troubling. He has the arm to stick throws into tight windows but needs better eye discipline and anticipation to keep windows open. His size, mobility and arm talent combined with his 2018 flashes could be a winning hand that leads a team into the future or a siren's song of erratic play and unfulfilled potential"

2. IMO - next ten drafted - I would have drafted Patrick Queen, Tee Higgins, D'Andre Swift over Love. Especially since I thought they would let Jones walk.

3. I agree with you, QB limits what you can do on offense. But I would have rather drafted or even reached on these players,

If I am a short term thinker, expecting a late first round offensive player will help me in the next three years to a SB, then maybe. I wouldn’t see any of them doing that.

Now as a long term thinker, if I saw huge potential with a QB at 26, with no other no-brainers at my selection, with a 36 year old QB who will definitely be the starter if healthy, knowing I am not drafting high in the next few seasons, I take the QB. Then you never have suffer a season or a decade of losing.

Patrick Queen doesn’t help Favre. He did have a good season though.

Tee Higgins would have been nice. I am guessing GB wasn’t big on him.

Swift was OK but they did have Jones…much better.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am a short term thinker, expecting a late first round offensive player will help me in the next three years to a SB, then maybe. I wouldn’t see any of them doing that.

Now as a long term thinker, if I saw huge potential with a QB at 26, with no other no-brainers at my selection, with a 36 year old QB who will definitely be the starter if healthy, knowing I am not drafting high in the next few seasons, I take the QB. Then you never have suffer a season or a decade of losing.

Patrick Queen doesn’t help Favre. He did have a good season though.

Tee Higgins would have been nice. I am guessing GB wasn’t big on him.

Swift was OK but they did have Jones…much better.

I feel Green Bay could've drafted Trask and let him sit.
If Love pans out, the move looks great. If Rodgers selfishly sits out or somehow is traded and GB misses the playoffs...they may scapegoat the coach.
I don't understand drafting Dillon and re-signing Jones. one or the other makes more since to me.

Fair point about Queen having no impact on offense, I just felt he's the better pick.
What a mess in GB, hopefully we get a win versing them

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel Green Bay could've drafted Trask and let him sit.
If Love pans out, the move looks great. If Rodgers selfishly sits out or somehow is traded and GB misses the playoffs...they may scapegoat the coach.
I don't understand drafting Dillon and re-signing Jones. one or the other makes more since to me.

Fair point about Queen having no impact on offense, I just felt he's the better pick.
What a mess in GB, hopefully we get a win versing them

Different draft. Love was already there. The upside on Trask is not as high either.

If GB misses the playoffs but Love continues to develop, GB is in better position. Then if Love wins a single SB, he matched AR.

I am a BPA guy unless the position is loaded.

I would love to take advantage of this And whip them. I would love a healthy AR going in, us winning, and a bit less healthy AR leaving. In case nobody has picked up on it, I can’t stand AR.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different draft. Love was already there. The upside on Trask is not as high either.

If GB misses the playoffs but Love continues to develop, GB is in better position. Then if Love wins a single SB, he matched AR.

I would love to take advantage of this And whip them. I would love a healthy AR going in, us winning, and a bit less healthy AR leaving. In case nobody has picked up on it, I can’t stand AR.
Oh, I thought you hid it well, lol. We all have players in the league we do not appreciate much, everyone is entitled. I agree with you on drafting BPA as it lends itself to a more well rounded roster vs addressing only areas of need. Without AR I say GB wins a total of 7 games this year.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with your statements, I personally love Aaron's game, but yeah he is a jerk.
Just to clarify one point, hypothetically i believe they could have passed on Love, and landed Trask, or another qb in this draft. Lots of hypotheticals, but that's what i meant. While Love may be more versatile, Trask clearly has him beat in experience. They both would sit.
Anyway I know we can beat GB with AR starting, and IMO crush em with Love under center