• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AR12 Decisions

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason why I think the Packers trade Rodgers. He can opt out by July 2nd and still earn $18.3M. It would then be likely (Juicy) he joins one of the Broadcast networks for a year during his time away and continues to workout. If he holds out, he loses that money plus he would assume fines for not reporting should the Packers choose to follow the letter of the law.

So, if the Packers are not inclined to trade him (I'm sure they are talking through his agent) then it is likely he opts out and still gets paid. Win-Win for Rodgers and Co.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason why I think the Packers trade Rodgers. He can opt out by July 2nd and still earn $18.3M. It would then be likely (Juicy) he joins one of the Broadcast networks for a year during his time away and continues to workout. If he holds out, he loses that money plus he would assume fines for not reporting should the Packers choose to follow the letter of the law.

So, if the Packers are not inclined to trade him (I'm sure they are talking through his agent) then it is likely he opts out and still gets paid. Win-Win for Rodgers and Co.

Where did u get this? If he opts out, then he gets 350k I thought.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this article, sorry.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this article, sorry.

That isn’t quite what this article said, at least the way I read it. The article said he can keep 18.3 million already paid. I have no idea where he got the 18 million number.

These are the opt out rules. Aaron Rodgers would actually not earn a dime And see no new money.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Aaron isn't going anywhere. I think he simply wants to skip all the team activities and media sessions and kind of fast forward to August.
You can't trade him anywhere in the NFC, and Denver could get Watson for cheaper than Rodgers

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t quite what this article said, at least the way I read it. The article said he can keep 18.3 million already paid. I have no idea where he got the 18 million number.

These are the opt out rules. Aaron Rodgers would actually not earn a dime And see no new money.

Keeping $18.3m versus forfeiting the money is like playing for free which in essence, "if" he opts out, will happen. If you read below from Sports casting, Rodgers will earn this money in 2021 however, its not real money in his pocket just yet.

But thanks to a recent agreement between the NFL and the NFL Players Association, the future Hall of Famer officially has a path to keep $18.3 million in his pocket without having to play for the Packers.
According to Pro Football Talk, any NFL player who signed his contract before Oct. 1, 2020, can opt-out of the 2021 season with no questions asked. That includes anyone who opted out last year, and it does not matter whether a player has been diagnosed with a higher-risk condition. Even though Rodgers won’t receive a stipend if he chooses that route, the Packers will have to pay him every dime that’s supposed to come his way.

Opting-out doesn’t seem like a logical choice for a hyper-competitive person like Rodgers, but it makes sense financially. He wouldn’t have to forfeit the $11.5 million he’s due in signing bonus money for 2021. Plus, the Packers would still have to pay him his $6.8 million roster bonus. Overall, Rodgers would pocket $18.3 million without having to throw a single pass.
Of course, he only has a week to make that decision. So if Rodgers truly intends on not playing football in 2021, he may have to consider opting-out as a feasible solution.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping $18.3m versus forfeiting the money is like playing for free which in essence, "if" he opts out, will happen. If you read below from Sports casting, Rodgers will earn this money in 2021 however, its not real money in his pocket just yet.

But thanks to a recent agreement between the NFL and the NFL Players Association, the future Hall of Famer officially has a path to keep $18.3 million in his pocket without having to play for the Packers.
According to Pro Football Talk, any NFL player who signed his contract before Oct. 1, 2020, can opt-out of the 2021 season with no questions asked. That includes anyone who opted out last year, and it does not matter whether a player has been diagnosed with a higher-risk condition. Even though Rodgers won’t receive a stipend if he chooses that route, the Packers will have to pay him every dime that’s supposed to come his way.

Opting-out doesn’t seem like a logical choice for a hyper-competitive person like Rodgers, but it makes sense financially. He wouldn’t have to forfeit the $11.5 million he’s due in signing bonus money for 2021. Plus, the Packers would still have to pay him his $6.8 million roster bonus. Overall, Rodgers would pocket $18.3 million without having to throw a single pass.
Of course, he only has a week to make that decision. So if Rodgers truly intends on not playing football in 2021, he may have to consider opting-out as a feasible solution.
i believe his agent knows this , i believe that would be his advice to AR12, and what happens with that choice will be telling

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe his agent knows this , i believe that would be his advice to AR12, and what happens with that choice will be telling
This was more for GK. Rodgers would be collecting some money in 2021 that has not been fully paid out if he "opts out" in 2021. I truly believe he is exploring that decision for sure. He has a few more days to decide...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was more for GK. Rodgers would be collecting some money in 2021 that has not been fully paid out if he "opts out" in 2021. I truly believe he is exploring that decision for sure. He has a few more days to decide...

I think this article is a bit better.

The 11.5 million in signing bonus he has and won’t be touched.
He has already earned the roster bonus, presumably, which they make monthly payments on…who knows how much of that 6.8 million is left.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this article is a bit better.

The 11.5 million in signing bonus he has and won’t be touched.
He has already earned the roster bonus, presumably, which they make monthly payments on…who knows how much of that 6.8 million is left.
Either way, he gets paid to sit but will he? The Packers like most teams dealing with a mega star, will presumably let Rodgers sit before dealing him to another team. But the conundrum of not putting him first (draft decisions/personnel decisions) but now emphatically saying your our fearless leader we want you back, has no real ring to Rodgers. He can see straight through the BS they are spewing now. I think he is trying to prove his point and will be back by training camp.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, he gets paid to sit but will he? The Packers like most teams dealing with a mega star, will presumably let Rodgers sit before dealing him to another team. But the conundrum of not putting him first (draft decisions/personnel decisions) but now emphatically saying your our fearless leader we want you back, has no real ring to Rodgers. He can see straight through the BS they are spewing now. I think he is trying to prove his point and will be back by training camp.

True but 18 million is far different than whatever he has left to be paid of 6.8 million.

Rodgers is a hypocrite. He was drafted 24 overall while they still had Favre. Favre didn’t bitch and moan. Rodgers has brought GB 1 SB.

The Packers are in the business of putting butts in seats and merchandising. That is easier when you win. So they build a team they think can win…it doesn’t just go to benefit AR12.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but 18 million is far different than whatever he has left to be paid of 6.8 million.

Rodgers is a hypocrite. He was drafted 24 overall while they still had Favre. Favre didn’t bitch and moan. Rodgers has brought GB 1 SB.

The Packers are in the business of putting butts in seats and merchandising. That is easier when you win. So they build a team they think can win…it doesn’t just go to benefit AR12.
Most if not all teams operate similarly right? Is Russell Wilson a hypocrite too? These guys (mega stars and best player on the team) are finally speaking out about some of the shenanigans going on internally. Heck, internally we have been a chit show since '99. Perhaps Rodgers brought this up internally long ago and it was never addressed. We don't know and can only presume since none of us were part of any conversations between Rodgers and the Packers organization. I was under the impression they (Packers) were running a well oiled machine over there with as much winning they have done the past 20 years. Little do we know...
Why you are stuck on what is left to be paid out to AR12 is strange. Rodgers will collect $18.3M for 2021 if he opts out regardless of when it was paid.

I see Rodgers playing a few more years whether its in GB or not but here is where the 2 stand today:
Favre: 1 SB, 3 MVP, 3 AP, 11 PB
Rodgers: 1 SB, 3 MVP, 3 AP, 9 PB

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most if not all teams operate similarly right? Is Russell Wilson a hypocrite too? These guys (mega stars and best player on the team) are finally speaking out about some of the shenanigans going on internally. Heck, internally we have been a chit show since '99. Perhaps Rodgers brought this up internally long ago and it was never addressed. We don't know and can only presume since none of us were part of any conversations between Rodgers and the Packers organization. I was under the impression they (Packers) were running a well oiled machine over there with as much winning they have done the past 20 years. Little do we know...
Why you are stuck on what is left to be paid out to AR12 is strange. Rodgers will collect $18.3M for 2021 if he opts out regardless of when it was paid.

I see Rodgers playing a few more years whether its in GB or not but here is where the 2 stand today:
Favre: 1 SB, 3 MVP, 3 AP, 11 PB
Rodgers: 1 SB, 3 MVP, 3 AP, 9 PB

Not really on RW. RW wasn’t selected in the first with a HOF QB still operating the team. RW complained about not being protected which ruins his longevity. AR complained about having a QB selected at 26. AR is 37 and coming to the end of his career.

What shenanigans is AR talking about? What makes it shenanigans? A difference of opinion? Just because AR is a star, doesn’t mean he has any say.

He has already collected 11.3 million when he signed his contract. He doesn’t get that for 2021…he already has it…it is his. The 6.8 million was earned in March. It is earned. The Packers have the right to pay this monthly. Presumably they have already paid 2 million or more…it is his…it is in his bank account. He is owed another 4.8 million…it is his…it just hasn’t made it to him. The Packers have already spent this money.

Perfect comparison…same scenario…Favre didn’t bitch…AR is a bitch.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really on RW. RW wasn’t selected in the first with a HOF QB still operating the team. RW complained about not being protected which ruins his longevity. AR complained about having a QB selected at 26. AR is 37 and coming to the end of his career.

What shenanigans is AR talking about? What makes it shenanigans? A difference of opinion? Just because AR is a star, doesn’t mean he has any say.

He has already collected 11.3 million when he signed his contract. He doesn’t get that for 2021…he already has it…it is his. The 6.8 million was earned in March. It is earned. The Packers have the right to pay this monthly. Presumably they have already paid 2 million or more…it is his…it is in his bank account. He is owed another 4.8 million…it is his…it just hasn’t made it to him. The Packers have already spent this money.

Perfect comparison…same scenario…Favre didn’t bitch…AR is a bitch.
Favre bitched his whole way out of Packer town. Why do you think he went to the rival Vikings? "If" AR opts out, he will have been paid 18.3m for 2021 season regardless of when monies were paid out. If he really has a serious issue with the way the Packers are handling business, then he should put up or shut up, I agree. Btw, RW is a little whiny bitch as well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre bitched his whole way out of Packer town. Why do you think he went to the rival Vikings? "If" AR opts out, he will have been paid 18.3m for 2021 season regardless of when monies were paid out. If he really has a serious issue with the way the Packers are handling business, then he should put up or shut up, I agree. Btw, RW is a little whiny bitch as well.

I can’t find any articles about Favre complaining about Rodgers being drafted.

Yes…he will. I said that. The individual would never count the signing bonus he already received as money earned for the season.

Agree with put up or shut up…not with RW.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What message does drafting Jordan Love send to AR12, when he WASN'T BPA?
I get AR is a crybaby but wow, the Packers draft sucked as far as getting closer to another superbowl.
The offense needs upgrades, the Front Office doesn't appear to get it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What message does drafting Jordan Love send to AR12, when he WASN'T BPA?
I get AR is a crybaby but wow, the Packers draft sucked as far as getting closer to another superbowl.
The offense needs upgrades, the Front Office doesn't appear to get it.

Was he not BPA? Does this include upside?

Who should have they taken going by the next ten players drafted?

It is hard to upgrade the offense when the QB is making what AR is making.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he not BPA? Does this include upside?

Who should have they taken going by the next ten players drafted?

It is hard to upgrade the offense when the QB is making what AR is making.
1. IMO, even with upside, he was a reach.
Jordan Love, nfl.com

"Challenging evaluation for quarterback-needy teams balancing traits and potential against disappointing 2019 tape. Staff turnover and new starters across the offense are partly to blame for his regression, but self-made flaws in process were also concerns. Love's accuracy took a step back, and his delayed reaction from "see it" to "throw it" when making reads is troubling. He has the arm to stick throws into tight windows but needs better eye discipline and anticipation to keep windows open. His size, mobility and arm talent combined with his 2018 flashes could be a winning hand that leads a team into the future or a siren's song of erratic play and unfulfilled potential"

2. IMO - next ten drafted - I would have drafted Patrick Queen, Tee Higgins, D'Andre Swift over Love. Especially since I thought they would let Jones walk.

3. I agree with you, QB limits what you can do on offense. But I would have rather drafted or even reached on these players,