• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone still talking Fantasy??

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two questions...

Romo or McCown, leaning towards McCown with Marshall and Jeffery, opponent has Marshall.
Bills def vs TB or stick with Car vs NO.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two questions...

Romo or McCown, leaning towards McCown with Marshall and Jeffery, opponent has Marshall.
Bills def vs TB or stick with Car vs NO.

McCown's a great choice, but it would be hard not to stick with Romo. Bills D is very tempting...that's the one I'd really have to think about. Will the Panthers D feel a "Cool Brees" or will the Bills D be listening to "Here Comes the Rainey Again"?

My fearless picks:

Tony Romo
Bills D

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCown gives you 3 advantages.

1. If McCown tanks it then so will Marshall most likely
2. If Marshall goes off then McCown will negate all those points fron marshall.
3. If McCown throws more to Jeffery then your winning that match up and putting Marshall on ice.

I think it is a no lose situation.

With the Ds I would find it hard not to start Carolina. They are a highly ranked D and Seattle showed us that you can put up gut numbers against the Saints. That's a tougher call for me though, but I would lean for the CAR D.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown easily in my opinion. Romo's track record against the bears isnt great...Romo's track record in cold weather isnt great....Romo's track record in December isn't...yeah you know...

3 strikes you're OUT!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCown gives you 3 advantages.

1. If McCown tanks it then so will Marshall most likely
2. If Marshall goes off then McCown will negate all those points fron marshall.
3. If McCown throws more to Jeffery then your winning that match up and putting Marshall on ice.

I think it is a no lose situation.

With the Ds I would find it hard not to start Carolina. They are a highly ranked D and Seattle showed us that you can put up gut numbers against the Saints. That's a tougher call for me though, but I would lean for the CAR D.

Good points about McCown. I don't know about a no lose situation, but this is a valid argument for starting him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown easily in my opinion. Romo's track record against the bears isnt great...Romo's track record in cold weather isnt great....Romo's track record in December isn't...yeah you know...

3 strikes you're OUT!

For some reason half my post got cut off..

Further more, Romo had only played Chicago twice in his entire career. . Both games over 300 yards, 1 win one loss. 3 TD'S 5 INT'S (all coming in the same game) and the last meeting was 2011. It's safe to say the Bears defense has seriously declined since then.

And if weather is a factor. .well, they're both playing in the Same Stadium so...

Personally I'd be strongly looking for an option C who isn't playing in Soldier field this weekend. But if those are your options is gamble on Romo before I would McCown

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly false. .The Cowboys record is bad in December. . Romo, and his fantasy starts have been relatively good if not great in December.
Jerry Jones of Dallas Cowboys -- Tony Romo must improve December record - ESPN Dallas

I wouldnt call it "Mostly false" considering 2 of my points were spot on...and the 3rd is correct in the situation had I clarified. His numbers have been relatively decent in December...at home. Not in cold road games though...Last year he scored below 20 in 2 road games (@ Cincy, @ Wash)

Im not trying to shat on him...but the circumstances in this game would make me bench him for the opposing QB who has a home game in prime time against a pass defense that gives up the 2nd most fantasy points to QB's as opposed to the Bears who are 9th best against opposing QB's fantasy wise.

Just my opinion. With that said..I am starting him in my dynasty league over my back up...Mcgloin or whatever his name is.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only owner Romo really lets down in December is Jerry Jones.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further more, Romo had only played Chicago twice in his entire career. . Both games over 300 yards, 1 win one loss. 3 TD'S 5 INT'S (all coming in the same game) and the last meeting was 2011. It's safe to say the Bears defense has seriously declined since then.

Cold weather, the Chicago Bears and Monday night games have all been a problem for Tony Romo | Dallas Morning News

"The Cowboys have played the Bears three times since Romo became the team’s starting quarterback in 2006. They’re 1-2 in those games and Romo’s numbers haven’t been good.

His 75.4 QB rating is the lowest he has posted against any team. On top of that, his eight interceptions against the Bears are the most he’s thrown against any team not in the NFC East."

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bears have one of the worst rush defenses in football... so expect murray to steal all the redzone TDs... Therefore mccown is the better choice...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold weather, the Chicago Bears and Monday night games have all been a problem for Tony Romo | Dallas Morning News

"The Cowboys have played the Bears three times since Romo became the team’s starting quarterback in 2006. They’re 1-2 in those games and Romo’s numbers haven’t been good.

His 75.4 QB rating is the lowest he has posted against any team. On top of that, his eight interceptions against the Bears are the most he’s thrown against any team not in the NFC East."
I must've missed one game going through Romo's game logs. . That or the author of your source is crediting a game Romo missed but that the Cowboys played to him.

Either way all those games and stats were against a vastly different, usually elite, Bears defense that just doesn't exist any Pomfret so pointing to them to prove anything for either of us is a little suspect at best.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if weather is a factor. .well, they're both playing in the Same Stadium so...
Im no implying that weather will be a factor. I was merely referring to Romos track record in cold weather.

Either way all those games and stats were against a vastly different, usually elite, Bears defense that just doesn't exist any Pomfret so pointing to them to prove anything for either of us is a little suspect at best.
I agree with this statement....But we could throw all these facts/opinions out the window and I'd still start Josh over Romo based on the Cowboys giving up the 2nd most points to QBs and the Bears giving up the 9th least this season.

I guess we can come back on Tuesday morning for I told you so's either way. Romo could have a good game, and I hope he does considering im starting him in a must win game for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason I'd go with Romo is he's a legit starting QB with a huge track record. McCown's a career backup, and he's had his chances. I lean towards talent over matchups. You'd have thought Foles would have torn the Cowboys up but he was atrocious. A bad day from Romo is still likely to get you decent points; a bad day from McCown might get you a goose egg.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason I'd go with Romo is he's a legit starting QB with a huge track record. McCown's a career backup, and he's had his chances. I lean towards talent over matchups. You'd have thought Foles would have torn the Cowboys up but he was atrocious. A bad day from Romo is still likely to get you decent points; a bad day from McCown might get you a goose egg.

All good points.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple thoughts:

I wouldn't play CAR D/ST vs the Saints. It's in the Superdome and is a marquee game. Advantage Saints.

As for McCown/Romo, you may not get much either way. We're supposed to get our first significant snow storm in Chicago on Sunday and Monday. The forecast may have changed slightly (with snow ending by Monday night).

However, it's supposed to drop to about 10 degrees (not factoring wind-chill) and the Soldier Field turf is awful. The only advantage may go to the punters.

Maybe this is insignificant, but the Bears are also retiring Ditka's #89 on Monday night. So there may be emotions of sort that factor into a slight edge for the Bears. (Hopefully.)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will pretty much summed up my reasoning for advising Romo.
Most everything I wrote was geared towards debunking the myth that Romo is a bad December QB. While There's no arguing the day he makes the bone head mistakes at the absolute worst times, thankfully for us fantasy owners, those mistakes are most often just simple negative 1 or 2.. Not an automatic loss.

But you are right, Tuesday we can say I told ya so, cuz until is played there just isn't anything for certain.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey thanks everyone. Its a toss up for me now. I would hate for NO to go off and have the Bills play a good game. I guess it comes down to turnover, and who gets more. Car has been a stud all yr, and helped me get where I am.

As for Romo, not sure who else is on the WW. I can look to Big Ben, who I have also. Others are Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Palmer, Flacco, Tannehill, Manual. Worse part is, they play on Monday.

I also have Murray, so at least I can look forward to the running game...

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes give up the most points to QB, but can you trust Flacco? There offense is so crazy from week to week.