• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else think Tiger is faking it?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After starting with a 3 shot lead, he shot +1 on Sunday when a good bit of the field when low & he finished 2nd....regardless of the start Rory shot 66, not a super low round and he won by 2.

So Sergio should win a PGA tour event with a stacked field WIRE to WIRE, with the #1 player in the world coming out breathing like a dragon on Sunday? After he shoots 61,67,68-?? Please. You must be a high handicapper-I'm guessing a 15 maybe. What you don't understand is NO ONE besides maybe Rory can win right now WIRE to WIRE. And that's exactly who Sergio lost to. He didn't choke, he got beat by a player that's on fire right now. Shoulda coulda, the man played well and stopped making putts on day 4. You can't make putts 24/7 man. It's not sega golf.

5 shot swing...was he rattled by Rory's start? hitting the lady's ring? idk...This wasn't Norman @ Augusta, but a player of Sergio's caliber should finish that tourney off. Same with Furyk the week prior but at least Jim shot under par in the final round and was just beaten by a lower number...he didn't help him.

Of course he was thinking about Rory's start. Who wouldn't? LOL Sergio should finish it off? LMAO Against the best and hottest player in the world? C'mon man. You ever play Firestone? Do you know how good -13 under is? My goodness.

Did anyone in that tournament even shoot 63 last week? Sergio went deep. Like close to 59 deep on a bad ass course. You can't maintain that level, I don't care how good you are at SEGA golf. haha

LOL...okay, a guy with some game (or had some) think hacks don't know what they're talking about.

We agree to disagree...leave it be man...my golf game nor yours is a factor here.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Handicap: 1 - I've played once in 2 months and I need a shot from the sandbaggers
best round: 63 course record
experience: played professional for 4 years, was a club pro at some sweet tracks for 5
favorite course: Ocean Hammock - south of Jacksonville, FL

irons: 2012 titleist MB chrome blades-fuking sweet
woods: 2012 titeist driver 9.5, 10 year old steelhead III 3 wood, titleist 17 degree rescue
wedges: 58 - titleist SM5, 52 titleist rusty special "dart thrower"
putter: 35" odessy tri-hot

I live in Dallas let me know if you want some, I need to start playing.

Nice game, real nice game actually...my best index...8.7, had to shut it down in '09 when the economy went south, now about 12...relevant to?

Palm Coast...played 8 rounds @ Ocean Hammock...outstanding track...the water holes are nice obviously, but the inland holes make the course imo.

My favorite...probably right in your neck of the woods...TPC Craig Ranch

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...okay, a guy with some game (or had some) think hacks don't know what they're talking about.

We agree to disagree...leave it be man...my golf game nor yours is a factor here.

Dodged a bullet there. :peep:

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Handicap: 1 - I've played once in 2 months and I need a shot from the sandbaggers
best round: 63 course record
experience: played professional for 4 years, was a club pro at some sweet tracks for 5
favorite course: Ocean Hammock - south of Jacksonville, FL

irons: 2012 titleist MB chrome blades-fuking sweet
woods: 2012 titeist driver 9.5, 10 year old steelhead III 3 wood, titleist 17 degree rescue
wedges: 58 - titleist SM5, 52 titleist rusty special "dart thrower"
putter: 35" odessy tri-hot

I live in Dallas let me know if you want some, I need to start playing.

WOW...you are sooo groovy.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also know Dustin Johnson is a coke head and has been for years. What do you think happened to Kevin Na? There's a crew of them that have been doing blow for sometime. How they do blow, get no sleep and play good in Dustin's case.. I've no flipping clue.

You mean Anthony Kim ?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW...you are sooo groovy.

Yeah, that's him in his avatar and he dates nothing but European super-models. True or not, his game doesn't have a damn thing to do with the thread topic.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers golf swing is about as mechanically sound as anyones. He's not faking it, all of these injuries are as a result of his prior swing issues. He needs to take a lot of time off and come back when he's 100%

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers golf swing is about as mechanically sound as anyones. He's not faking it, all of these injuries are as a result of his prior swing issues. He needs to take a lot of time off and come back when he's 100%

Gotta completely, and I mean totally, disagree with you on that one.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone list their handicaps so I know who I'm talkin too. :)

Used to be a 4 but I don't play as much and hardly ever practice. Someday I will get back on it..

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Mondo!

When a golfer reaches a certain level of playing, you can understand more of what these guys on TV are going thru. My handicap has nothing to do with Tiger, but I get and know where he's coming from.

And look who is on the range hitting balls at Valhalla!! LOLOL

Palm Coast...played 8 rounds @ Ocean Hammock...outstanding track...the water holes are nice obviously, but the inland holes make the course imo.

My favorite...probably right in your neck of the woods...TPC Craig Ranch

Last 4-5 holes at Ocean Hammock are sick. Even the front 9 is pretty badass. Had it going there one day and got a 2 on a 460 yard par on the front 9. Driver - 6iron.

Never played Craig Ranch I will have to check it out. I need to start looking at CC's. Thanks.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by SJ76 I also know Dustin Johnson is a coke head and has been for years. What do you think happened to Kevin Na? There's a crew of them that have been doing blow for sometime. How they do blow, get no sleep and play good in Dustin's case.. I've no flipping clue.

You mean Anthony Kim ?

Exactly. I had a few Corona's last night. No excuse. But I feel bad for Kim - he could have been pretty special and hopefully he gets it on the straight and narrow.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it's not. His tempo is way too fast and out of control. The slower your take-away, the more control you have. Add in a short backswing on low-mid irons and you have greater accuracy.
Watch 98% of the guys on TV with a wedge and see how far they take it back.

Sure Tiger is different, but he's not 20 anymore.

And this leads to the point of the thread... Why EVERYTIME Tiger starts playing awful, does he pull up lame? It's Bullshit. Anyone who thinks he's really hurt is blind. He may be hurting, but so are 70-80% of the guys out there. But with Tiger, it ALWAYS comes when he's playing awful. He quits, leaves pissed, and shows up 3 days later?

It's comical.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard speculation on the radio that if Tiger plays poor early on, he'll put out immediately. Dudes a trainwreck right now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's the mentality you are bringing to a MAJOR? You are done before you even start.

Hammer you shoulda seen him walking to the range at Valhalla. Caught it at lunch - everyone was just staring at him, no one clapped. Notah Begay was with him on the range. His take-away was much slower, but he was still generating club head speed at the bottom of his swing.

Had his shades on SMilin. Like I said, when he's playin BAAAD and getting his ass beat, his back or knee are just jacked! But good enough to come back 3 days later.

Let's just call it SEGA golf - where if you don't start out birdie, birdie - you hit the reset button.

He's been a mess.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sorry, if you have ever played in serious golf tournaments (not scrambles) you would understand how hard it is to win WIRE to WIRE with the best player in the world on your heels.

Choking in golf means you shanked it or shot 78 the last day, not lost by one to the best player in the world and finished -13 at Firestone.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 4-5 holes at Ocean Hammock are sick. Even the front 9 is pretty badass. Had it going there one day and got a 2 on a 460 yard par on the front 9. Driver - 6iron.

Never played Craig Ranch I will have to check it out. I need to start looking at CC's. Thanks.

Killer 6i!

I was in a traveling club back then and we played a tourney @ Ocean Hammock...54 holes...3 days...1st two days the wind was coming from inland (west to east about 8 to 10 mph) #17 playing about 155 from the blue tee..2nd round I hit 9i down wind to about 12' made birdie.

On the last day the wind shifted and was coming off the ocean 15 to 20 mph...same hole, to a back pin hit 4i solid and barely made that huge bunker that protects the front...never experienced anything like that...that hole changed into a beast...actually all of the ocean holes did.

Craig Ranch up in Mckinney...one of the big money (grand dad's oil money actually) guys in our club was a member there and he arraigned to play our tourney there in '08. The owner thought he might be able to get the PGAT to leave fourseasons but the infrastructure around the course, getting big crowds in and out was not ready for a tour event...Web.com played there championship tourney there I think.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 is a sweet hole at the Hammock. I remember playing in Janikowski's FSU tourney there, Bobby Bowden was there. I remember coming in early and seeing the orange-red sun rise out of the ocean right behind that green. The range there is sick too. Talk about relaxing and slowing down..

Wish Tiger would get it.

I live in Plano so I will have to check out Craig Ranch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too close not to...My bud is in Plano...Still a dry county or no?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On sunday it is.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh progress then...we just got over that Sunday hurdle here in ATL.