• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else think Tiger is faking it?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless of the scores he shot Thur thru Sat, under those circumstances paired with Chris Wood do you think Sergio shoots +1 on a soft course?

Absolutely not. When you are paired with the #1 player in the world and Rory comes out birdying the first 4 out of 5 holes, EVERY good player tends to lose focus on himself and starts to think about if Rory is going the birdie the next hole, and the next, etc.

Question:

If Rory loses this tourney today by 1 to Phil or Rickie Fowler and shoots even, is that a choke job?

NO it's not. Now if he shoots 82 like he did in the master's a few years ago, then yes absolutely.

Last edited by a moderator:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Lindsay Vonn thing other than she's white and he probably thinks that makes him look good. I don't think she's worth walking across the street for
Tiger won't date black women.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I would take it, not performing a task under pressure that under normal circumstances (meaning the pressure component not being there) you would routinely perform.

There is nothing routine about being on the PGA tour on sunday with a lead and keeping it when the #1 player is breathing down your neck. This is where some of you don't quite understand. You assume it's like being out there with your boys on a nice evening, with a couple beers or like playing SEGA golf. LOL

It's not

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets try this. Valhalla currently is playing easier than Firestone did last week.

There are 9 players that have shot in the 60's for 3 straight days. 2of them shot 65-the lowest score of all 9. I will bet you the 2 guys that shot 65, will not shoot in the 60's today. This is my theory in golf and for 4 day tournaments.

I also will be looking forward to seeing what Sergio does today after shoot 70-72-66.

And this course is extremely wet and guys are going at the stick.

I will be anxiously waiting to see how many of these 9 guys, shoot in the 60's on sunday, even with these conditions.

FYI - there were 3 guys that shot in the 60's all 4 rounds at Firestone.
And Sergio on sunday last week had 2 bogeys and 1 birdie. That's hardly choking. :)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There is nothing routine about being on the PGA tour on sunday with a lead and keeping it when the #1 player is breathing down your neck."

No that's not routine, and that's been my point all along...there WAS more pressure...

Rory himself felt he needed to shoot 63 to have a shot...why? Because he knew that number was out there, and he didn't think Sergio would shoot over par.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I would take it, not performing a task under pressure that under normal circumstances (meaning the pressure component not being there) you would routinely perform.

There is nothing routine about playing golf on Sunday with a stacked field and the leader by 2 has the best player in the game coming out firing.

There is pressure in golf when you get of the car, every single day. And if a better player has a hot start and he beats you on sunday, while you hit good shots and make no putts, then you tip your cap. Because some days the flat stick works and some days you miss the hole by cm's.

That's just how it is

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory is just trying to bury people. haha He's not worried about Sergio being up a few shots or anyone else for that matter. His goal is to go out and shoot a stupid low score EVERYDAY right now. It was Sergio that was worried, especially after watching Rory start out on Sunday: Birdie, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Birdie or whatever Rory did.

Anyone that has shot under 67 knows how hard it is to come out after a round like that and keep the putts falling. 61 has to be one of Sergio's best rounds in a tournament.

Like I said, Sergio had 2 bogeys and 1 birdie last sunday. It's not like he had 2 doubles or a triple.

Anywho... anyone watching Jason Day? He's swinging it pretty good even with a messed up finger. He had to adjust his grip yesterday. And have you even seen him crying about it once? LOL

If you think adjusting your grip in the middle of a tournament is easy, then you must really be good at SEGA golf.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now guess who can't buy a putt on Sunday? Roty

Rickie and Phil telling Rory that he's not in Europe right now !

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is a golf tourney. Rory came out conservative. Hit middle of greens and could not buy a putt, but let's see who gets hot on the back nine.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is a golf tourney. Rory came out conservative. Hit middle of greens and could not buy a putt, but let's see who gets hot on the back nine.

As it turns out Rory was the one making the key putt on 17 while the others missed some key chances. Felt bad that Fowler lipped out that one on 18 although he still would not have won. Rory just somehow finds a way to win - pretty impressive.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The others just ran out of gas. Phil had chances coming down the stretch, while Rory looked better on the back 9.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The others just ran out of gas. Phil had chances coming down the stretch, while Rory looked better on the back 9.

Yep. Rory is just clutch & just thrives in this type of situation. That 3 wood approach that resulted in the eagle on 10 was one of the best shots ever. I would just bet that if these guys are in a similar situation in the future that Rory somehow finds a way to be on top again. Sure - he may have blown a few putts but always came through when it was really necessary.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Rory is just clutch & just thrives in this type of situation. That 3 wood approach that resulted in the eagle on 10 was one of the best shots ever. I would just bet that if these guys are in a similar situation in the future that Rory somehow finds a way to be on top again. Sure - he may have blown a few putts but always came through when it was really necessary.

Yeah that was something, but Faldo was right. Even Rory said afterwards that he didn't hit it well. He kind of caught it a bit towards the heel, but it went up in a high area left that had drained so it ran out perfectly. I love the way Rickie putts. He putts everything like its a tap in... no fussing around, just one-two. I think he makes that last one if it really meant something and wasn't so dark.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That 3w will go down as one of the best shots in major golf history but you could tell from his facial expression that "he got away with" it...I think he was trying cut it and came over it a little, but it was hit solid enough to have some serious roll on it. Faldo called it, but the result shut him up.

Rory hit some of the best irons down the stretch and as SJ has been saying (about Sergio) was just off with the putter. I thought Phil and Rickie played their approaches on 13 way too conservative with wedges in hand, but Rory when right at it...the approach from the bunker on 17 was epic.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger back to Butch?

Butch Harmon 'Upset' That Tiger Woods Finished Round at PGA Championship | Golf Channel

Pure speculation, but it was being talked about this morning too. Tiger has endorsed one of Butch's videos. Butch now speaking out on "what Tiger needs to do." Why would he be upset at Tiger? Why would he care?

Majors under Butch in 6 years - 8
Majors under hank in 8 years - 6
Majors under dipshit foley in 4 years - 0

I've been saying it for years now - it's his swing. If he goes back to Butch, watch out next year.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch Harmon 'Upset' That Tiger Woods Finished Round at PGA Championship | Golf Channel

Pure speculation, but it was being talked about this morning too. Tiger has endorsed one of Butch's videos. Butch now speaking out on "what Tiger needs to do." Why would he be upset at Tiger? Why would he care?

Majors under Butch in 6 years - 8
Majors under hank in 8 years - 6
Majors under dipshit foley in 4 years - 0

I've been saying it for years now - it's his swing. If he goes back to Butch, watch out next year.

Meant to create my own thread with that, as its completely different topic. Will do now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory hit some of the best irons down the stretch and as SJ has been saying (about Sergio) was just off with the putter. I thought Phil and Rickie played their approaches on 13 way too conservative with wedges in hand, but Rory when right at it...the approach from the bunker on 17 was epic.

Rory is clutch, but he came out of the gate conservative. It wasn't the Rory that was down 2 to Sergio. Hence the difference on your mentality from having a lead and playing from behind. Rory was on foreign soil and didn't start well at all. Phil and Rickie came out pretty good (KINDA like Rory did at Firestone) and at one time Rickie had Rory down 3 shots. Clutch or choking or whatever... Think of it like this. 1) streaks - the good players have a couple, the great players can go on streaks for weeks <aka> putting especially, but even the great ones can stop making putts. 2) balance - see how Rory started decent and ended strong? Phil and Rickie did the opposite. It all balances out during a round. 3) momentum - phil and Rickie had it, then Rory found it and it was over.

As far as Tiger, he has some soul and identity searching to do 1st. Then he needs to be 100% healthy. Lastly, he needs to slow down and get that swing under control.