• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody watch Playbook last night?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just tore up RG3 decision making on the last plays of the game. They said he doesn't understand what defenses are doing to him. I've been saying this all year. Anyone else agree? We only go as far as RG3 takes us.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just tore up RG3 decision making on the last plays of the game. They said he doesn't understand what defenses are doing to him. I've been saying this all year. Anyone else agree? We only go as far as RG3 takes us.

i would say that he doesnt know that yet and the past off season he didnt get to study like others did

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that QB is a truly cerebral position. While I do not believe RG3 is there yet, I also do not believe Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, and even the "chosen one" Andrew Luck are there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that QB is a truly cerebral position. While I do not believe RG3 is there yet, I also do not believe Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, and even the "chosen one" Andrew Luck are there.

i think all of them and RG3 will get there

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now. Luck is better than all of them. In my opinion. Year #3 will be the year to evaluate Rg3, Wilson, Luck, and Tanneyhill. Cam has made a big step forward this year. Carolina could go to the playoffs. That is scary.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is better at certain things. He ran a pro style offense in college so he clearly would be further along in reading defenses and calling hot reads. That doesn't mean that we toss RG3 out. RG3 is clearly ahead of Luck and others in other skill sets. RG3 is highly intelligent. He is not Heath Schuler. He will get there, he just needs time to hone a skill he has never been exposed to until this year.

BTW, those guys on Playbook are glorified shock jocks to get ratings. I don't put too much in their "analysis".

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but they were right when Rg3 did not call out the right pass protections on that final drive. You cant make those mistakes at that time in the game. He has to identify who the mike is and who is blitzing. He should be able to realize that now. Huge mistakes!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should he be able to realize that now? When has he ever had to do it before? What is the acceptable time table to learning this skill? What other rookies or 2nd year guys do this consistently? Luck doesn't, he still misses it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now. Luck is better than all of them. In my opinion. Year #3 will be the year to evaluate Rg3, Wilson, Luck, and Tanneyhill. Cam has made a big step forward this year. Carolina could go to the playoffs. That is scary.

Why is Luck better exactly?

Last year RG3 and Wilson had a far superior QB rating. Last year, RG3 won his division. People tried to make Luck out to be better though because he had more yards passing.

This year, RG3 has the most yards passing and is right there with Wilson for rushing yards while Luck trails in both categories to RG3. RG3's QB rating is just a little lower than Luck's but Wilson's is far better than both.

Wilson has the luxury of having a far greater defense than Luck and RG3.

Maybe we should look at how well RG3 has played as of late as how we judge him considering the severity of his injury.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Luck better exactly?

Last year RG3 and Wilson had a far superior QB rating. Last year, RG3 won his division. People tried to make Luck out to be better though because he had more yards passing.

This year, RG3 has the most yards passing and is right there with Wilson for rushing yards while Luck trails in both categories to RG3. RG3's QB rating is just a little lower than Luck's but Wilson's is far better than both.

Wilson has the luxury of having a far greater defense than Luck and RG3.

Maybe we should look at how well RG3 has played as of late as how we judge him considering the severity of his injury.

i think all for are good qbs and we should leave it at that

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has better pocket awareness, accuracy and is just a better QB right now. RG3 has a lot of passing yards b/c of a lot of garbage time earlier in the year. What makes RG3 great is his running ability. Yes, in year two he should be able to read a defense. He should be able to call out the mike LB in that situation last week. He has been horrible at reading defenses this year a lot of wide open WR's. I hope it turns around starting today.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could debate who is the better QB right now, but its a useless debate. I disagree that Luck has better accuracy, the stats don't prove that claim, either in college or in the NFL. But again, a useless debate. Bottom line is they are both very good 2nd year guys, they both have things they need to work on, and both have a ton of upside. I'd take either one and be very satisfied. 5 years from now, we can realistically debate which one turned out better. Its way too early for that now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the way things are going don't you think Luck will last longer in the NFL than RG3?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has better pocket awareness, accuracy and is just a better QB right now. RG3 has a lot of passing yards b/c of a lot of garbage time earlier in the year. What makes RG3 great is his running ability. Yes, in year two he should be able to read a defense. He should be able to call out the mike LB in that situation last week. He has been horrible at reading defenses this year a lot of wide open WR's. I hope it turns around starting today.

Did you watch the STL game? He had the exact same problem as RG3. He didn't see middle blitzes coming and couldn't read the defense.

How do you figure his accuracy is better because the stats don't support that? They each make very good throws occasionally.
Luck is completing 59% of his passes this season and in his two years he has completed only 56% of his passes at 7 YPA.
RG3 is completing 60% of his passes this season and in his two seasons he has completed 63% of his passes at 7.24 YPA. RG3 is also starting to look much better over the last couple of weeks and is completing a higher percentage of his passes.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the way things are going don't you think Luck will last longer in the NFL than RG3?

Who knows. Any QB is one hit away from retirement. He definitely is stronger and moves better in the pocket today. But, as I said, RG3 is very smart. He'll learn this skill.