• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANYBODY WANT TO DEFEND BEVELL NOW????

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I will defend Bevell because that game wasn't just lost because of that play. Easy to point fingers, and yet Carroll himself said it was ON HIM. THEY didn't want to run it against the Pats goal line package.

How can you not also blame the best defense in the league that couldn't stop or hold Brady to a FG on either of those 4th quarter drives? Fire Dan Quinn? Oh right, we ONLY ever blame Bevell for anything that goes wrong with this team. :L

Most of you crying over him are an embarrassment.

If they had ran twice on that goal line package and not got it in the same ones would be calling for Bevell's head saying he isn't creative and called plays everyone knew was coming.

You guys just aren't happy unless you have something to pin on him. At least learn something about football before doing so. Hindsight is 20/20 so of course they shouldn't have ran that play, but they have ran it successfully before.

Hawks came up one play short. Deal with it. Many of you couldn't win with class, the least you can do is lose with some.

Seriously? You are going to comparing a defensive coach allowing a first ballot HOF QB, who is very much in the discussion for the best QB to play the game, to carve up a depleted secondary to not using (again, arguably) the best RB in the game at the one with a timeout in your pocket and the game on the line? Against a defense that was among the worst in those situations all season?

And THEN you are going to insult posters football knowledge and decry their lack of class after this loss (never mind that just about everyone here has gone out of their way to congratulate the Pats and their fans)?

Really?

Bevell made a boneheaded fuck up when it mattered most. Caroll allowed it to happen. Wilson should have probably audibled (but of the three, he's probably the least culpable). Why shouldn't we pissed?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just saw the interview from Carroll where he said it was on him. He said they were in a 3 WR 1 TE grouping and the Pats were in goal line so the match ups were not there and they didn't want to waste a play.

Jesus. Just tip your cap to them AND STOP FUCKING WHINING. Grow up and accept it.

That's because Pete is being a fucking man about it and not throwing his coach under the bus... Bevell made the call! I watched his interview ... Pete can over-ride it but he didn't ... Bevell got CUTE and it cost us a Super Bowl ... You have 3 downs USE FUCKING LYNCH...

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CARROLL SAID IT WAS ON HIM

What part of that aren't you getting? :L

Stop, just stop.

Unfortunate it turned out that way, but had that play succeeded not one person would have said shit about that play call. Carroll and Bevell made a choice and it turned out to be the wrong one.

You are all acting like it's a given Lynch makes it on the next play.

Just show some class and give props to the other team. That's not really much to ask for.

1. If you REALLY think that Carroll, a defensive coach with a hands off management style, called that play and isn't taking one for the team, you shouldn't be insulting other people's knowledge of the game.

2. Have you NOT seen the threads littered with Hawk fans patting Pats fans on the back and congratulating them?

Throttle it back, Hoss.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans need to let this out. Pissing and complaining is how its done on a message board. Arguing amongst ourselves won't change it. The coaches blew it! They will get it everyday from the press for about a week or so. Its already the worst call in sports history on the major sports network.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hands down the worst play call in NFL history, and it is squarely on bevell and he should never coach in the NFL ever again because of it. Dude is a joke.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no point arguing. He's gone. People can think it's a good move or a bad move but it's definitely happening.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that, I would be mildly surprised if they fired him. Should have happened a long time ago honestly and it never did.

If they don't fire him now he will never get fired no matter how bad he is.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were one play away from winning the SB. I mean obviously your team has the very worst OC in the league right? :L

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the first time we ran this route with the exact same result. When has this play ever worked for us? We shouldn't even have it in the play book because it isn't something you should throw out of the gun and Wilson's too short to try it right behind center.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were one play away from winning the SB. I mean obviously your team has the very worst OC in the league right? :L

Yes, worst in the league, he just happens to have two elite players that make up for his highschool BS play calling.

He had Fabre in his career year too, before that he was a joke. He still is a joke, and now he literally is a joke.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans need to let this out. Pissing and complaining is how its done on a message board. Arguing amongst ourselves won't change it. The coaches blew it! They will get it everyday from the press for about a week or so. Its already the worst call in sports history on the major sports network.

There are ways to let it out without ripping each other to shreds. Being at each other's throats over this only serves to entertain the people from the other boards who have just been waiting for a meltdown to happen on this board for a long time. There's gotta be a more constructive way of letting off steam than cursing at each other and challenging everyone's football acumen just because they have a different opinion on what could have and should have been done at the end of that last drive.

For what it's worth... we probably won't know for sure who actually made the call on that last play unless/until we get audio from the sideline to confirm it one way or the other. In the meantime, the head coach is always going to take the blame in those situations, whether he needs to or not, unless he has no respect for his staff and ever since Carroll got here, I've never gotten the impression that he lacks respect for his staff or that he would throw one of his coaches under the bus. That being said, someone is going to get the ax for this and it won't be Carroll, which just leaves Bevell. Coordinators have been fired for less, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Bevell get canned, especially if not doing so could lead to locker room tension.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEVELL HAS TO GO!! PERIOD!! COST ME $10,000!!!

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's execution of that play? Not why they lost. He's the golden boy that can do no wrong. Every mistake of his is on someone else. Doesn't matter that he should have thrown that to the other shoulder. Not his fault.

Defense giving up two TD's in the 4th quarter? Nope. Understandable. It's Brady and he's leet.

Lane breaking his arm in the first quarter leaving us with freaking Simon again? Nope. Wasn't a cause of the loss. Not at all.

Avril going out before those TD's with a concussion? Had to impact.

Seattle lost ONLY because of Bevell. I mean he had nothing to do with them either getting to the SB to begin with, or getting to within one play of taking it again. All positive plays are on someone else and all negative on him.

Please people.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We were conscious of how much time was on the clock and we wanted to use it all," Bevell said. "It didn't turn out the way I hoped it would.

How the fuck does that make any sense? So the plan was to throw the ball into the end zone to burn clock? it was a throw-away play? Fucking idiot.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's execution of that play? Not why they lost. He's the golden boy that can do no wrong. Every mistake of his is on someone else. Doesn't matter that he should have thrown that to the other shoulder. Not his fault.

Defense giving up two TD's in the 4th quarter? Nope. Understandable. It's Brady and he's leet.

Lane breaking his arm in the first quarter leaving us with freaking Simon again? Nope. Wasn't a cause of the loss. Not at all.

Seattle lost ONLY because of Bevell. I mean he had nothing to do with them either getting to the SB to begin with, or getting to within one play of taking it again. All positive plays are on someone else and all negative on him.

Please people.

Don't forget Bennett going offside and giving the Patriots room to run the clock out....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please people.

The game was in hand, and he took it away and lost it. Every play up to that point is IRRELEVANT.

Now quit defending him like you are his buttbuddy.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We were conscious of how much time was on the clock and we wanted to use it all," Bevell said. "It didn't turn out the way I hoped it would.

How the fuck does that make any sense? So the plan was to throw the ball into the end zone to burn clock? it was a throw-away play? Fucking idiot.

I saw that quote too and was dumbfounded. It's literally scary how retarded he is to try and use that as an excuse.

"Hey guys, let's burn clock by throwing extremely risky 1 yard inside slants against a stacked box on the goal line. Should burn a good second or two if we're lucky enough it doesn't get picked, sound good? I mean, we all know that running the ball is the only guarantee of running the clock. And we all know we have the best RB in the league. But why do that?"

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has to be one of the dumbest people in pro sports, bar none. I hope he rots for this.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Bennett going offside and giving the Patriots room to run the clock out....

But that was after the only play of the game that matters so it doesn't count. Just ask them all. :lol: