• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANYBODY WANT TO DEFEND BEVELL NOW????

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll just said "I said throw it, let's throw it on these guys". So, either he's taking the blame for his OC or it was his idea to throw the ball and not Bevells.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll just said "I said throw it, let's throw it on these guys". So, either he's taking the blame for his OC or it was his idea to throw the ball and not Bevells.

I'm going with option A there. Carroll's approach to offensive football since he got here has been to run it, run it again and run it some more while limiting mistakes in the passing game. I don't think there's any way he tells Bevell to throw it from a yard out without giving Lynch a couple shots at it first.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no point arguing with someone trying to defend this. He's going to get canned, guaranteed. What happened was embarrassing and the org will make the right decision. Anybody can replace him because you don't get worse than what we just saw.

Settle down dude, I'm not arguing with you at all.

I want Bevell gone as well, not sure how I can make that anymore clear?

What I'm simply asking is who can Pete realistically get to replace him at this point?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settle down dude, I'm not arguing with you at all.

I want Bevell gone as well, not sure how I can make that anymore clear?

What I'm simply asking is who can Pete realistically get to replace him at this point?

Anybody else would be an improvement.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else would be an improvement.

Two people I'd potentially be interested in are Scott Frost and Mike Shanahan.

Of course, Frost doesn't have any NFL coaching experience and Oregon has stumbled a bit too much in the red zone under him. But I could see Pete really liking him because of his age and approach.

Shanahan could be a dark horse. While it'd be hard to imagine seeing him take an OC job at this point in his career, he might be willing to do it just to get back in the league. The question is, would Pete see him as a "fit"?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's your ideal replacement who's actually available to take the job?

OC candidates have already been picked clean by the league, and there weren't too many of them to begin with.

It'll be someone in-house like it will be on the defensive side with Kris Richard taking over for Quinn. Considering the best outside choices are off the board, going with a guy who is already on your staff can keep you from having to start over completely and give you a chance to pick from the next crop of big name guys if your in-house guy doesn't pan out and the team doesn't get back to the Super Bowl.

I think the bottom line is this... dumping Bevell might be the only chance you have of getting Lynch to stick around after he was denied the opportunity to try to win this game at the end. Losing Lynch, in my opinion, would cause more problems for the offense than replacing Bevell would.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be someone in-house like it will be on the defensive side with Kris Richard taking over for Quinn. Considering the best outside choices are off the board, going with a guy who is already on your staff can keep you from having to start over completely and give you a chance to pick from the next crop of big name guys if your in-house guy doesn't pan out and the team doesn't get back to the Super Bowl.

I think the bottom line is this... dumping Bevell might be the only chance you have of getting Lynch to stick around after he was denied the opportunity to try to win this game at the end. Losing Lynch, in my opinion, would cause more problems for the offense than replacing Bevell would.

Totally agree. And like I mentioned somewhere else, if Lynch draws the line and makes it a "Bevell or me" situation, then absolutely Pete will need to dump Bevell.

I don't really like anyone we have in-house on offense though. And I certainly would NOT want Cable.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. And like I mentioned somewhere else, if Lynch draws the line and makes it a "Bevell or me" situation, then absolutely Pete will need to dump Bevell.

I don't really like anyone we have in-house on offense though. And I certainly would NOT want Cable.

No, you absolutely do not. You do not let a player who MIGHT (and probably won't) be here another year after next dictate who is, and isn't, running the show. Never. That's horrible management.

The only person who you would even possibly, maybe, allow to make that sort of demand is Wilson, as he will most likely be here for the remainder of his career.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I say in-house because they're less likely to try to overhaul the offense than a guy coming in with his own staff and his own philosophy on offense is. We don't need someone to come in and reinvent the wheel, and I feel like any outside candidate we brought in would want to do that. Just stick to what works and hope the guy that takes over is less of a stubborn bonehead than Bevell is.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I will defend Bevell because that game wasn't just lost because of that play. Easy to point fingers, and yet Carroll himself said it was ON HIM. THEY didn't want to run it against the Pats goal line package.

How can you not also blame the best defense in the league that couldn't stop or hold Brady to a FG on either of those 4th quarter drives? Fire Dan Quinn? Oh right, we ONLY ever blame Bevell for anything that goes wrong with this team. :L

Most of you crying over him are an embarrassment.

If they had ran twice on that goal line package and not got it in the same ones would be calling for Bevell's head saying he isn't creative and called plays everyone knew was coming.

You guys just aren't happy unless you have something to pin on him. At least learn something about football before doing so. Hindsight is 20/20 so of course they shouldn't have ran that play, but they have ran it successfully before.

Hawks came up one play short. Deal with it. Many of you couldn't win with class, the least you can do is lose with some.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are a good team stfu .. that play just went bad for you thats all that happened ..dont sweat the details.. you get rid of him now you will have at least 1 screwed up year installing a new offense with a new scheme

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I will defend Bevell because that game wasn't just lost because of that play. Easy to point fingers, and yet Carroll himself said it was ON HIM. THEY didn't want to run it against the Pats goal line package.

How can you not also blame the best defense in the league that couldn't stop or hold Brady to a FG on either of those 4th quarter drives? Fire Dan Quinn? Oh right, we ONLY ever blame Bevell for anything that goes wrong with this team. :L

If they had ran twice on that goal line package and not got it in the same ones would be calling for Bevell's head saying he isn't creative and called plays everyone knew was coming.

You guys just aren't happy unless you have something to pin on him. At least learn something about football before doing so. Hindsight is 20/20 so of course they shouldn't have ran that play, but they have ran it successfully before.

Hawks came up one play short. Deal with it. Many of you couldn't win with class, the least you can do is lose with some.

Common man! You go to Lynch there... I was screaming DON"T PASS THE EFFIN BALL before the play even happened... Hand it off!!!!! We've seen Bevell do this so many times before... He get's too cute at the goal-line and I @#$^@#$^ had a feeling he might do that again.... Even if they stopped us 3 times I would feel better about it... And if your gonna throw DON"T THROW A SLANT ROUTE... do a fake hand-off and go for the corner where it's a safer throw... Bottom line YOU USE LYNCH in that position..

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody would blame bevell if they ran it 4 times and lost. Anyone with functional brain cells knew they should have handed to lynch. Bevell is the goat in this, no denying it.

Needs to be fired, there's no point in keeping him because he has not changed one bit in his 3 years with us or in his time with Minnesota. There's a reason why Viking fans hate his guts too.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common man! You go to Lynch there... I was screaming DON"T PASS THE EFFIN BALL before the play even happened... Hand it off!!!!! We've seen Bevell do this so many times before... He get's too cute at the goal-line and I @#$^@#$^ had a feeling he might do that again.... Even if they stopped us 3 times I would feel better about it... And if your gonna throw DON"T THROW A SLANT ROUTE... do a fake hand-off and go for the corner where it's a safer throw... Bottom line YOU USE LYNCH in that position..

CARROLL SAID IT WAS ON HIM

What part of that aren't you getting? :L

Stop, just stop.

Unfortunate it turned out that way, but had that play succeeded not one person would have said shit about that play call. Carroll and Bevell made a choice and it turned out to be the wrong one.

You are all acting like it's a given Lynch makes it on the next play.

Just show some class and give props to the other team. That's not really much to ask for.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why in gods name are you defending this guy still? The only thing left is announcing that he's been canned. He's gone. We ran that exact same play at least one time before that I can remember with the same result.

1. We got two powerhouse RB's to hand the ball to
2. We got a mobile QB that could roll on play action
3. YOU DON"T RUN A ROUTE LIKE THAT OUT OF THE GUN BECAUSE IT'S TOO TIGHT!

That play shouldn't even be in the playbook. If you're going to do that it's with a big QB who's under center who immediately gets rid of the ball. We ran it out of the gun with one of the shortest QB's in the league.

But I am now really done arguing this. He's going to get canned, another guy who hopefully has a set to stand up to Carroll will take over, and hopefully we can recognize what our strengths are as an offense when critical play calls are made.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop, just stop.

Unfortunate it turned out that way, but had that play succeeded not one person would have said shit about that play call. Carroll and Bevell made a choice and it turned out to be the wrong one.

Just show some class and give props to the other team. That's not really much to ask for.

Bevell made the call... I just watched the interview... He said Pete can over-ride the call but he didn't ... The call came from Bevell...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop, just stop.

Just let it go. This is going to go down as one of the worst play calls in NFL history and right now the team is a laughing stock. If Bevell doesn't have the clout to call his own shots when the game is this tight then he needs to be canned for not having enough of a sack to stand up to Carroll. Any way you look at it, he has to go.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell made the call... I just watched the interview... He said Pete can over-ride the call but he didn't ... The call came from Bevell...

What a fucking idiot.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look... I've defended him as much as anyone and that one play wasn't the only reason the Hawks lost, but when you have a running back who regularly fights through tackles for at least one yard, you should at least give him one shot at it from the one before you try a pass. He was averaging 4.3 yards a carry and had over 100 yards for the game. Just give him a chance to get the one yard you need to win before trying a pass. They tried to get cute instead of doing what they do best and it burned them. I don't think that's overreaction or hindsight talking. It's not like Lynch hasn't gone up against a team's goal line package before and beaten it either, so I don't buy that as an excuse not to run it here. This is the kind of situation a back like Lynch is made for. At least give him a shot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just saw the interview from Carroll where he said it was on him. He said they were in a 3 WR 1 TE grouping and the Pats were in goal line so the match ups were not there and they didn't want to waste a play.

Jesus. Just tip your cap to them AND STOP FUCKING WHINING. Grow up and accept it.