• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody have a link to Derek Dooley's mom (Barbara) ripping into

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guys on a radio show? I missed most of what she said but I did catch her saying something about "how dare they say he is on the hot seat when he just arrived." Or something similar to that.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLASSIC

damn congress. This is football, what's REALLY important.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire exchange:

Barbara: “I want to ask you guys something. Back when I was in coaching with my husband, the press was our best friends. Now all y’all want to do is beat the coaches to hell and back.”

Hooker: “That’s not me, that’s Andrew.”[laughter]

Barbara: “I want you to listen about my baby.”

Bryant: “You have to hurry because we’ve got a congressman standing by.”

Barbara: “Well, he can just wait. Football is important. [more laughter] Let me say this: Derek Dooley walked into kind of a mess. Florida, [coach Will Muschamp] walks into talent just oozing out of their ears. Jimbo Fisher walks into FSU with talent. And y’all are telling me that Derek Dooley is on the damn hot seat? Are you crazy?”

Bryant: “Did anybody say the word hot seat?”

Barbara: “Yeah, I heard them!”

Hooker: “I didn’t say that.”

Barbara: “Oh, come on, get out of here! You’ve got Mama’s rile up now, buddy. Did you know [Derek] played 17 freshman against Florida?”

Hooker: “Absolutely.”

Barbara: “I just want you to be nice and fair and know that you probably have the best coach in the country and he’s going to be there 25 years.”

Bryant: “And they’ll probably name the stadium after him. Guys, thanks for joining us. Andrew Gribble, Dave Hooker and Barbara Dooley. Like I said, we’ve got a congressman [Tom Graves] standing by and he’s had to listen to all this.”

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barbara Dooley and Vince Young's mom should team up to fight the media.

Mothers of Media Maligned Youngsters

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never heard Derek Dooley being on the hot seat. Most fans think he has done at least a decent job so far considering what he has had to deal with.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never heard Derek Dooley being on the hot seat. Most fans think he has done at least a decent job so far considering what he has had to deal with.

That is probably what the radio guys said, or something similar. Or maybe they said something about the future, like if he doesn't improve, he could get on the hot seat, and Mama heard the words "hot seat", so they must be saying he is on the hot seat.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is probably what the radio guys said, or something similar. Or maybe they said something about the future, like if he doesn't improve, he could get on the hot seat, and Mama heard the words "hot seat", so they must be saying he is on the hot seat.

I listen to a few local radio shows on the way home and I am a frequent visitor to govolsxtra.com. I haven't even seen anybody yet calling for Dooley's head.

I have heard a few criticisms about his recruiting or people saying we won't ever be elite (Alabama and LSU level this year) with Dooley. No one asking for him to be fired yet though.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I think she heard two conversations and got them mixed in together. I assume Dooley will be given at least four years to prove himself. IF they beat Alabama one or two times he will have the job for a few more years regardless.