• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody got scoop on Knowshon or Champ?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious?....

I've been looking online pretty much everday, and outside of hearing the fish are interested in Knowshonw; I haven't heard much on either. I really wish they'd find a way to get Champ back, but it would've happened by now I would think.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard much about either. There were rumors that Atlanta was interested in Champ but I don't think he has visited anywhere. The Broncos didn't even give him an offer to take a pay cut so I don't think he will be back unless it is for vet minimum with incentives. Knowshon has been quiet, I don't know if anyone has really talked to him. I could see us bringing him back if the price is right but I think we are looking for Ball to take the lead back duties.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I could see both of them going unsigned until after the draft. Right now Champ had a couple of teams rumored to be interested but that went away pretty quickly with how deep the Corner class in Free Agency and the draft are. Knowshon like all other Running Backs is finding the market none too kind right now. My guess is teams will see if they get a decent prospect in the draft and if they don't then think about contacting either of these guys.

I agree I do hope the Broncos maybe see if Champ will come back. Show him the team we have put together and say hey try for one more Championship and help some of our young guys.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious?....

I've been looking online pretty much everday, and outside of hearing the fish are interested in Knowshonw; I haven't heard much on either. I really wish they'd find a way to get Champ back, but it would've happened by now I would think.

Ehhhh.... I'd rather trade up to pick Dennard than have Bailey back. Hate to say it, but Champ's tank is pretty much empty. I'm thinking the other 31 teams feel the same.

As for Moreno, maybe he's pricing himself too high? :noidea:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the New York Giants were showing interest in him. Think would be good fit. With Wilson coming back rom injury and recently sign R. Jennings ( Riders) as only viable rbs, he could very easily win starting job there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhhh.... I'd rather trade up to pick Dennard than have Bailey back. Hate to say it, but Champ's tank is pretty much empty. I'm thinking the other 31 teams feel the same.

As for Moreno, maybe he's pricing himself too high? :noidea:

This is the guy I would love to see the Broncos trade up for. He is perfect for press man coverage. Plays very smart. Already used to playing on an island. Is very technical in the way he uses his hands. Not bad at causing turnovers either. Just all-around great Cornerback that would look very nice across from Talib this year with Harris in the middle.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champ gret guy and was a great player. There is still no reason to bring him back. What has he done in the last 2 years? Move on people.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champ gret guy and was a great player. There is still no reason to bring him back. What has he done in the last 2 years? Move on people.

Well, there IS one reason to bring him back:

To sign him to a one-day contract so he can retire a Bronco :whistle:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes...he's truly a gret guy.

I have moved on. Just inquiring as to whether or not anybody has heard anything on either of them. No harm there.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there IS one reason to bring him back:

To sign him to a one-day contract so he can retire a Bronco :whistle:

Boom. Wish I'd have seen that first :thumb:

And from a logical standpoint, it's not like we're deep at corner by any stretch. I'm not totally convinced that he's totally "done", and if we could bring him back on a one year vet minimum or something, then I actually think it'd be a good idea. Especially with how the injury bug has bent us over the past couple years.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard much about either. There were rumors that Atlanta was interested in Champ but I don't think he has visited anywhere. The Broncos didn't even give him an offer to take a pay cut so I don't think he will be back unless it is for vet minimum with incentives. Knowshon has been quiet, I don't know if anyone has really talked to him. I could see us bringing him back if the price is right but I think we are looking for Ball to take the lead back duties.

I know the Dolphins had been talked about, but I really haven't seen anything else.

God, 5 years ago a 1500 yard, 10+ TD back would have top dollar thrown at him. Now these dudes can barely get jobs.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Champ had a great 2012 season. Are negative things the only thing you're capable of spewing?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2007 Champ has only played all 16 games 2 times. Injured to often and to old and time to move on.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2007 Champ has only played all 16 games 2 times. Injured to often and to old and time to move on.

From 2009 to 2012, Bailey played in 60 out of 64 possible games. In that same time frame, Aqib Talib played in 49 games. Even if you include their 2013 seasons, Bailey's still got him beat in games played, 65 to 62. So by your logic, Talib is injured more often than Champ.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No just facts.

You must have missed the fact Bailey was ranked in the top 5- top 10 of NFL Cornerbacks in 2012 (depending on which sports expert you asked), and made the Pro Bowl.... It wasn't his greatest season, but he was still better than the majority of CB's.

That said, I think 2013 was the proverbial "Drop-off" year for Bailey.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed the fact Bailey was ranked in the top 5- top 10 of NFL Cornerbacks in 2012 (depending on which sports expert you asked), and made the Pro Bowl.... It wasn't his greatest season, but he was still better than the majority of CB's.

That said, I think 2013 was the proverbial "Drop-off" year for Bailey.

I agree. It sucks, but age catches up to everyone, even great ones like Champ. I think people just look at the playoff game against Baltimore and assume Champ sucked that season, even though he actually had a great season and just had a really bad game to end it. But I think the foot injury suffered in the preseason is what did Champ in. That took what was left of his speed and it was over. The Broncos made the right move by letting him go.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well according to PFF in 2012 Champ was a top 10 Corner in this league. So to say he has done nothing the last 2 years is hogwash...that's right I said hogwash.