• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any Interest in Jonathan Martin?

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing it out there. I imagine the Dolphins will release him when all is said and done.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing it out there. I imagine the Dolphins will release him when all is said and done.

quick answer is yes , why not ? . a smart 6-6 320 RT should interest us

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll take him. Our O line sucks, we are a very laid back town, no bullying in SD...kick back in the sun, checking out the babes on the beach, if we lose.....no problem, we'll head to the mountains and go skiing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that he is currently under contract wit the Dolphins and its outside the trade deadline so we couldnt get him until the beginning of next season..... Add in the fact that he left the team basically because he wasnt able to stand up for himself. Finally throw in that we would have to trade with the Dolphins in order to get him.

That puts him in the maybe realm for me. The far out maybe at that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dolphins almost can't cut him (despite it being the clear choice) for the PR spin of this.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dolphins almost can't cut him (despite it being the clear choice) for the PR spin of this.

I'm not sure they have an option. At this point you kind of want to remove yourself from the situation as soon as possible. Keeping him on the team hurts them more in the long term than cutting IMO.

Shark, not saying to trade for him. I'd be surprised if he was a Dolphin by the end of November.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure they have an option. At this point you kind of want to remove yourself from the situation as soon as possible. Keeping him on the team hurts them more in the long term than cutting IMO.

Shark, not saying to trade for him. I'd be surprised if he was a Dolphin by the end of November.

i think next year will be the time . i wouldnt trade for him for sure . but i am not going to bash the guy for asking the organization to stop something before turning to violence .

i wouldnt have done it that way but i wont bash him either

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think next year will be the time . i wouldnt trade for him for sure . but i am not going to bash the guy for asking the organization to stop something before turning to violence .

i wouldnt have done it that way but i wont bash him either

Skinsdad, thing is it didnt have to turn to violence. Especially in todays touchy feely we must be politically correct USA. Im sure every team has an HR department. You dont walk away from your job because some one called yo a bad name. And you darn sure dont hand over half your paycheck to some one making more than you. Had he done what you or I would be expected to do at our respective company, the Dolphins could have handled it in house, and he would not have hurt the team in the process of making himself feel better. Not bashing, just saying he took the brave cowards way out.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give him a workout next off season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cant work him out unless he is released by the Dolphins. They have no reason to release a guy on his rookie contract. Think of it this way, if Jordan Reed said he wanted out because he didnt like the way he was being treated and walked off the team, you really think we would simply let him go and get nothing in return?? The Dolphins dont have to release him and likely won release him. He cost them nothing while sitting on the reserve left team status, and they could likely get a draft pick in return for his rights. So why wouldnt they??

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think at a certain point you cut your losses. The longer he is there the more damaging it is to the organization's image. It may not cost them much of anything financially to keep him but his presence is becoming a cancer due to what happened.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think at a certain point you cut your losses. The longer he is there the more damaging it is to the organization's image. It may not cost them much of anything financially to keep him but his presence is becoming a cancer due to what happened.

The thing is, he isnt there. Kind of like Tenard Jackson for us.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say no. He jumps out and says he can't take it after 1.5 years. He called the last year and a half the worst of his life. My question for him: "Why the hell did it take so long to say something?" "Did you tell them to stop or to "F" off?"

From there, it sounds like he was a part of the same "crap" that he was fed up with. Is the Dolphin's culture any different than other teams? I know that players are saying they never did any of that but I just don't believe it.

I expect all "hazing" to stop in the NFL though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only no, but hell no. 300lb sissy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this happens when you make choices based on part of the facts

it seems martin gave as good as he got at this point

i would say pass right now

Mustard Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry folks, bash away, sportster72 is right. 300lbs of P***y! Incognito is a problem child, but I would sigh him 100 times over before Martin. I'm talking about protecting RG3, and I know when the going gets tough, Martin bails out. It's proven. Bullying....boo hoo....he still quit. Like skinsdad62 said, he gave as good as he got, but it seems he eventually tucked his tail between his legs and whimpered off to the corner, expecting everyone else (dolphins, nfl, media, lawyers, judges) to fight his battle. No thanks.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I think we have already filled our quota of quitters on this team. We don't need another.

Oh really? So a rookie is a quitter...
At least he's not a punk ass racist like Incrapnito