• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any interest in a SF league?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always wanted to do super flex... But SF does bring up some big questions...

1. Do you max out the amount of potential teams?? if so where??

2. Do you max out the amount of QBs allowed on a team??

3. Do you fiddle with the QB scoring to make them LESS high scoring than they are now??
yeah i mean there would need to be discussion.

Ive seen them typicall with 12-14 teams.......usually coupled in a 1ppr league.........that way the "flex" can be a significant PPR player as well............

But yes guys can hoard QB's too, id have to dig around and see some league set ups... @HaroldSeattle may know better

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play in a PPR league every year where we have 2 flex spots with one of those being a superflex. We don't change the scoring that much, sans bonuses (rushing @ 75/150, receiving at 100/200, and passing at 250/300). It's only a 10 team league, but I've been able to compete every year while rarely having a 2nd QB starting for me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play in a PPR league every year where we have 2 flex spots with one of those being a superflex. We don't change the scoring that much, sans bonuses (rushing @ 75/150, receiving at 100/200, and passing at 250/300). It's only a 10 team league, but I've been able to compete every year while rarely having a 2nd QB starting for me.

see, a 10 team league, you can do that... because everyone will have a backup QB on the bench... but 12 or more that wont be true...

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see, a 10 team league, you can do that... because everyone will have a backup QB on the bench... but 12 or more that wont be true...
Even in a 12 team league I don't think every team will need a 2nd QB starting to be able to compete. And that league plays a little differently being a 2 flex league. There are only 4 more starting players in a regular 12 team league than in that 10 team league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SF leagues I'm in are 12 teams leagues and no roster restrictions on the number of QBs on a roster. However you can set it up any way you like. SF is fun in the sense that a position besides RB and WRs become important. Some SF league also use TE premium just to help make the TE position closer in value to the other positions.
QB hoarding is always happening in SF league. You find trades happening where a shitty or even back up QB gets traded for a starting quality player. The value put on QBs is out of control in SF IMO.
12 teams or less leagues are typical because each team is starting 2 QB and there just aren't enough QBs to go around if the league is larger.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 10 team league would be ideal with no max for QB spots imo.

I like the idea of TE premium as well.

QB
2 RB
2 WR
2 FLEX
SUPERFLEX
TE

Or would we start one RB?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 10 team league would be ideal with no max for QB spots imo.

I like the idea of TE premium as well.

QB
2 RB
2 WR
2 FLEX
SUPERFLEX
TE

Or would we start one RB?
Only thing about that, is again, everyone has a good team..... u can draft shit, and be ok. Why I'm not a fan of ten team league. Although with larger starting rosters I'm ok ok with it......

Id personally add another starting wr. On SF spot. But if we set it up like that we're just essentially doing a 2 qb league

we would need to find scoring and rosters that make it possible to not start two qbs in some situations and be ok..... or
Else you may as well just do

qb
Qb
Rb
Rb
Wr
Wr
Flex
Flex
Sf
Te
K
D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing about that, is again, everyone has a good team..... u can draft shit, and be ok. Why I'm not a fan of ten team league. Although with larger starting rosters I'm ok ok with it......

Id personally add another starting wr. On SF spot. But if we set it up like that we're just essentially doing a 2 qb league

we would need to find scoring and rosters that make it possible to not start two qbs in some situations and be ok..... or
Else you may as well just do

qb
Qb
Rb
Rb
Wr
Wr
Flex
Flex
Sf
Te
K
D

Yeah I think either add more people making it a 12 team or adding more starting spots is ideal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think either add more people making it a 12 team or adding more starting spots is ideal.

well, that’s the questions that make superflex interesting.
But let’s not talk about any of that until we find more interest. I think we are only 4 so far.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess 4 isn't enough to start a league lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have time to drum up interest.

We can always try and hammer out some specifics then recruit

Hard to go into specifics though when # of teams is a huge factor to Roster size and any less than standard scoring changes....

we could set up(discuss) the rules for a 10 team league and a 12 team league... and then go to whichever league we have the demand for...

if we get more than 12, we will amend the 12 team league fittingly...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing you all need to do is name a commish and let him take charge. Some items to be decided is:

League size- probably aim for 10, given how many more members are needed. If interest warrant it could be changed to 12 and adjustments to roster size could be made.

WWs- FAAB or something else

Free or pay for

TE premium

Get rid of kickers and defense ( many leagues I'm in do just that)

Scoring settings

draft rules- this is a big one. Do a lottery to slow down sand bagging? how far out can you trade picks, just a couple of examples why this is big

IR yes-no , if yes the guideline for

taxi squad

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing you all need to do is name a commish and let him take charge. Some items to be decided is:

League size- probably aim for 10, given how many more members are needed. If interest warrant it could be changed to 12 and adjustments to roster size could be made.

Free or pay for

TE premium

Scoring settings

draft rules- this is a big one. Do a lottery to slow down sand bagging? how far out can you trade picks, just a couple of examples why this is big

taxi squad

I agree with most of this... But I do think if it is only 10 owners I would NOT be willing to do a dynasty... re-draft is fine no matter what...

also IMO a TE premium should only be done in a league that doesn't start ONLY TEs... what I mean is that their would be no TE position, but a WR/TE position...

never understood a league without kickers and defense... especially defense... I understand IDP... But think IDP should only be a choice if again we have 12 or more owners...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

League size- probably aim for 10, given how many more members are needed. If interest warrant it could be changed to 12 and adjustments to roster size could be made. Lets shoot for 12.

WWs- FAAB or something else. FAAB sounds good but doesn't matter to me.

Free or pay for - Pay. $10-$25 is good with me. $20 sounds perfect.

TE premium - YES

Get rid of kickers and defense ( many leagues I'm in do just that) - If we have IDP's I would be up for getting rid of defense.
Kickers I could care less, whatever majority decides.

Scoring settings

taxi squad

My opinions of some of these.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Free or pay for

TE premium

Scoring settings

taxi squad
SO @HaroldSeattle is commish:suds:, here here!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have a nomination, a "second the nomination", can we get a third to confirm?:lol:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks but I can't do this. In a lot of leagues as is, don't want to take on another. Also I'm not the commish type. I'm not good navigating settings and such.
I do find it interesting to see how this goes and one of you four should agree to commish. I nominate @Shanemansj13 . :D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks but I can't do this. In a lot of leagues as is, don't want to take on another. Also I'm not the commish type. I'm not good navigating settings and such.
I do find it interesting to see how this goes and one of you four should agree to commish. I nominate @Shanemansj13 . :D

Uhhh I'm also not the commish type, never commished a league before...I nominate @SteelersPride