• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any FA's the Devils should add?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say especially in a shortened season, we should absolutely bring back Sykora, whose biggest problem the last few full seasons has been his ability to not fade late. Same thing happened with us last year as happened a few years ago when he was with the Pens.

Even with Sykora returning, I still say that we need to add another player.

Kristian Huselius
Daymond Langkow
Radek Dvorak
Dominic Moore

All the above are interesting options to help chip in 30-ish points in a third line role. They also have less than stellar +/- stats in some cases, which is a problem because the 3rd line can't be a detriment to the team's goal differential.

Huselius specifically might be signed for very little (he's pissed at CBJ) so he should definitely be leaving as soon as a new CBA is signed.

One year deals all around at most for any of these players.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on bringing Sykkie back for a short season.

Not too crazy about the others. Huselius for offense but Langkow as more of an all around player...I dunno

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huselius's production was amazing until he got injured.

He tore a pectoral muscle I believe, then CBJ made him return to game action without ever practicing, then sustained a lower body injury almost immediately. If he can become healthy he's easily going to replace Poni and a bit of Zach's production.

Kristian Huselius - Columbus Blue Jackets - Career Statistics - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

Langkow is a center though.

I've kind of sold Huselius to myself writing this. He's a decent to good PP producer, which can't hurt this team, was practically a guaranteed 20G scorer before suffering the two awful injuries.

He's also a big player which would be great if he's on the 2nd/3rd line.

Last edited by a moderator: