• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown tweets goodbye

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA go where the money is. Besides any player with a brain should be able to understand that since the Steeler paid up front for services they insist on receiving the services or receive fair compensation.
The voice of rationale

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it’s a gamble. Guess the Steelers will have to decide if they can field a playoff caliber team with that $20m cap hit being non-usable towards the final 53.

Almost assuredly they will falter next year, but that isn’t strictly because of that dead money, moreso from inept coaching, but people will still point to that dead hit as a hinderance nonetheless.

I’m good with either route they choose. I just think it would be hilarious to see how dramatic he would be if Pittsburgh chose not to try and trade him until after June 1st. He’d probably implode. It would be fun to watch.
That would be priceless, His hair would probably catch on fire!:exploding:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with a 6th for him.

I'm not going to lie, I'd totally love it if my Vikes traded a low round pick for the guy. We're in salary cap hell with the Cousins contract and have much bigger needs than WR, but Antonio Brown would give us hands down the best WR trio in the league with Thielen and Diggs. That's not to mention that we don't have much at WR besides Thielen and Diggs as things are, and adding AB would solve that. I'd be fine with them letting a few overpriced defensive players walk and drafting a couple O-linemen in the early rounds of the draft. They might as well try to build a silly good offense around Cousins after all the money they blew getting the guy.

I mean seriously, can you imagine how badly defensive coordinators would be crapping their pants when preparing to face constant 3 WR sets with AB, Thielen, and Diggs and an above average QB throwing to them? They'd have to throw everything they had at pressuring Cousins into making stupid mistakes, and even then, they might just pay for it more often than not with those three receivers and Kyle Rudolph at TE.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell the Pats have 12 picks this year let's sign AB reinstate Josh G, draft Irv Smith TE Bama. And then draft defense

Sounds like the Steelers specifically stated they won't be listening to any offers within their division, OR the Patriots. However, they're apparently open to hearing offers from all other remaining 27 teams in the league. Granted they're in the same conference, but I think it says a lot when a team looking to trade a super star player specifically lists just 1 pain in the ass team outside of their own division that they'd refuse to field any potential offers from for the guy lol.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no

Obviously he's got character issues, but I'm surprised if Green Bay fans wouldn't be at least somewhat interested in the prospect of pairing Rodgers with a receiver like Antonio Brown. Green Bay never really makes any huge moves aside from resigning their own players, and we don't have much longer to see what Rodgers could do with a receiver who didn't largely require his help to elevate them. I think it'd be really similar to the situation where Green Bay passed on Favre's request to bring in Randy Moss in a cheap trade back in 2007, instead letting New England nab him.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to walllow in mediocrity again.

The Lions just blow ass now. Was hard to stomach the past season of pathetic regression.

I don't know man, it helped me feel a little better about things.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Plaxico Burress, Martavis Bryant, (to name a few) all thought the grass was greener elsewhere...How did that work out for you fellas?

Tip to AB---bank some of that money to pay all the baby Mamas when it all crashes own.

I forgot about all these disgruntled employees. What is going in with that organization?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about all these disgruntled employees. What is going in with that organization?
I know, such a fine group of men other than Wallace.....

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to lie, I'd totally love it if my Vikes traded a low round pick for the guy. We're in salary cap hell with the Cousins contract and have much bigger needs than WR, but Antonio Brown would give us hands down the best WR trio in the league with Thielen and Diggs. That's not to mention that we don't have much at WR besides Thielen and Diggs as things are, and adding AB would solve that. I'd be fine with them letting a few overpriced defensive players walk and drafting a couple O-linemen in the early rounds of the draft. They might as well try to build a silly good offense around Cousins after all the money they blew getting the guy.

I mean seriously, can you imagine how badly defensive coordinators would be crapping their pants when preparing to face constant 3 WR sets with AB, Thielen, and Diggs and an above average QB throwing to them? They'd have to throw everything they had at pressuring Cousins into making stupid mistakes, and even then, they might just pay for it more often than not with those three receivers and Kyle Rudolph at TE.

The bad part about whoever gets AB is that they are getting AB at the wrong end of the peak of his play. He's probably got maybe 2-3 good years left in him and what is gonna happen with his attitude at that point. You can give Cousins all the weapons you want but if he can't hit the targets, noone is gonna catch it. Imagine the attitude you're gonna get from AB if the QB can't throw it to him so he can make the plays. I wouldn't be scared of the Vikings with AB, Thielen and Diggs because of the fact that Kirk Cousins is the QB and I have had 0 faith in Cousins and giving him AB doesn't change that for me. The worst thing the Vikings did, in my opinion, was completely overpaying for a mediocre QB who is nothing but a superb fantasy QB at best.

I obviously would love a 1st for him, but I don't see us getting anything but an early-mid 2nd and maybe combined with a 3rd or 4th.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Plaxico Burress, Martavis Bryant, (to name a few) all thought the grass was greener elsewhere...How did that work out for you fellas?

Tip to AB---bank some of that money to pay all the baby Mamas when it all crashes own.

Well to be fair, Plaxico and Santonio have a SB ring after they left Pittsburgh. Martavis just can't put the joint down and we traded him so it's not like he chose to leave. But even then, what does this prove? After guys leave Pittsburgh they are shit? So what. We haven't done much of anything for the last 10 years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our drafting isn't even in the top 10 of what our problems are.
I'm not arguing your point. Just stating the obvious. Player issues on any given team start with the draft and scouting.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooney is in Florida to attempt to meet with AB. AB won’t meet with him per local news and radio