• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown Trade?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame you.

But, Brown is not equally part of the reason they haven't played in a SB recently. The DEF (Poor scheme, and specifically ILB and CB) are 80% of the reason PIT has not sniffed a chance the last two years.
Well that and this little thing we like to call NE:D

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinkin that AB is going to rip the lid off of Tomlin’s circus with this “interview”. Why else do it with Deebo?

Going to be interesting to see what he says
think its still such bullshit to post that, do this, you just prove your a piece of shit cancer all about yourself

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm hoping for Carnage. The more shit, the more likely Tomlin goes down.

I'm breathless in Anticipation.

Still, Harrison and Brown are douches and hypocrites. They were Tomlin's monsters.
lol hes not going down. it just isnt gonna happen

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put him a lockerroom full of pissed off defensive players with real leadership that will pick that punk up and beat the shit out of him. Same thing about OBJ.....who are the leaders in that clubhouse? There are none...certainly not vocal leaders. Somebody needs to kick his ass up and down.

Brown provides leadership? If you want your team to be led down a toilet, perhaps. There are teammates of his that are accusing him of quiting....that sound like leadership?

I want nothing to do with this clown - don't care how good he is.
He would be happy in a Shanahan offense getting all those looks as the focus of the offense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to put a cap on it but you have some venom stored up for this guy.

I hear you...but.

With all of his warts, the man sports a gold jacket! His one season in NE, the production speaks for itself...10 yrs ago and it still holds up as a productive season today. Not many other NE teams since have put up as many points in a season. That alone dispels your NE is better off point.

The rest of your vent on Moss...have at it. I've never said he was a great guy, great teammate.
I'm with you there are a lot of Moss haters and well deserved.
But he was part of breaking the most TDs in a season with Brady that year.
He was a great team mate. There wasn't one distraction from the lockeroom that year.
I don't recall him taking plays off in the SB. He was NEs deep threat. It takes time for those plays to develop and Brady was getting pressured all game.
He left NE because of $ and age not his personality.
To this day Moss still has nothing bad to say about NE and praises them, TB and BB every chance he gets. He doesn't do this about the other teams he played on.

Having said that Bell finacially doesn't work in NE. It would take some creative financing to make it happen. Who knows Gronk may be gone and that would help but I don't see it.
Even if he could work I don't want. I'm a little tired of all the reclamation projects. Why can't they ever get the Larry Fitz type of guy?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why the steelers arent parting ways.
21 mil in dead cap space for one player is a lot to handle.

But for those saying no team would take his contract is crazy.
his base salary is like 12 mil a year.
If he was cut & signed with another team the cost would be much higher.
Other teams should want the current contract. Signing bonus has already been paid by the steelers. Whats left of Brown's contract is very easily attainable from another teams perspective.

The Cost to the Steelers to cut him isnt the cost to another team to retain that contract. Dont think some of you are realizing that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB just followed the 49ers on IG.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think its still such bullshit to post that, do this, you just prove your a piece of shit cancer all about yourself
Yea he’s definitely not putting himself in a good light. But like @Superbelt just hoping that whatever it is, that it puts more pressure on Tomlin and the circus he has created.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cut him so he can continue to be on some stupid Fox show where he dances in a mask.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other teams should want the current contract. Signing bonus has already been paid by the steelers. Whats left of Brown's contract is very easily attainable from another teams perspective.

The Cost to the Steelers to cut him isnt the cost to another team to retain that contract. Dont think some of you are realizing that.
This!

Steelers already restructured him last offseason to essentially eat a chunk of that contract.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cut him so he can continue to be on some stupid Fox show where he dances in a mask.
He just wanted to take that last week off to prep for his dance rehearsals.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly...If the deadmoney can be split over 2 seasons and the pick is top 10...that's worth talking about.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol hes not going down. it just isnt gonna happen

No...it's going to take more carnage than this to get Tomlin out...but he's getting ready for next season instead of coaching a game this week for the 1st time in 5 yrs...he can't come back intact with the staff and roster. You know my feelings on Colbert...he has to step up his game on two positions this offseason. I'm not sure they will get immediate help at CB from the draft, ILB seems more likely with at least 2 LBs with 1st rd grades. I think he's going to have to make a trade or FA deal for CB.

Rumor is Butler is not renewed. Maybe Smith...Dupree...haven't gotten any feedback yet, but Adeniyi can give them his production on a rookie deal, this should be a no brainer. Burnett, will be hard for him to beat out M Allen.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why I said "put in the right situation with the right head coach" where leadership isn't an issue. Yes, I will take him and pay him. He is a huge difference-maker. You throw him the ball and win and have clear leadership on the team and everything will be fine. OBJ is worse imo

Good luck putting toothpaste back in the tube. When you have some teammates alleging that you quit. Quit. Arguably the biggest cardinal sin in sports. No thanks.