• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Antonio Brown and the HOF

If Antonio Brown never plays another down, does he get into the HOF?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the exact same thing lol... It appears we are "on the fence" so to speak. Which means there should have been a tater salad option.

WTF @Rock Strongo ?
haha, initially i thought "yeah definitely", he was so dominant, no one ever started like that........

But his all time numbers dont stack up.......and hes an ass.........

but again .......its the hall of "very good"

Terrell davis is in...........seriously if hes in ALOT OF guys should be in.......He had 1 good year, 2 very good years, one unreal years....... by that metric AB is a lock.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Needed at least 2 more years, IMO. The passing in the league has exploded, and skewed the numbers a bit, so comps from former players don't really hold up well. With that in mind, I think he needed a bit more longevity in the league even if he didn't dominate it. Just a few more years to really amass more stats.

And yes, there are players who maybe shouldn't be in the HOF and they are - but because people made a bad decision before doesn't mean people should keep repeating that same decision over and over. They should just simply cut that bait and move on making better choices going forward.

IIRC, AB has played 1 more season than Chad Johnson (though not sure you can really count the 2019 season) and his stats are slightly better than Ocho Cinco's who is nowhere near getting into the HOF. Again, needed a few more seasons.

tenor.gif

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No. Needed at least 2 more years, IMO. The passing in the league has exploded, and skewed the numbers a bit, so comps from former players don't really hold up well. With that in mind, I think he needed a bit more longevity in the league even if he didn't dominate it. Just a few more years to really amass more stats.

And yes, there are players who maybe shouldn't be in the HOF and they are - but because people made a bad decision before doesn't mean people should keep repeating that same decision over and over. They should just simply cut that bait and move on making better choices going forward.

IIRC, AB has played 1 more season than Chad Johnson (though not sure you can really count the 2019 season) and his stats are slightly better than Ocho Cinco's who is nowhere near getting into the HOF. Again, needed a few more seasons.

tenor.gif

Brown played 35 less games
Had 75 more receptions
About the same yardage
and 8 more TD's.

Brown was considered the best receiver for several years.

I'm not sure Johnson is a very good comparison.

I believe his biggest obstacle in not getting is is that he is a complete douchebag.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he never plays another down, does he get into the HOF?

844 receptions (28th all time)
11,263 yards (35th)
75 touchdowns (34th)

led the nfl in receptions twice, yards twice, and TD's once.

and arguably the games best receiver for 7-8 seasons running.

Seriously?

Batshit crazy aside, 35th?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

Batshit crazy aside, 35th?
Career numbers don't matter... There's a plethora of names in the HOF that have worse career numbers. I know I know, different era of football... Still doesn't matter. They've proven that.

I think AB could get blackballed from the HOF sotospeak though. He pissed off a lot of people. Hence why he's still groveling for work.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a guy who believes that Stats speak.

But I'm a no because he is his own worst enemy.

It's like Chris Benoist and the WWE hall of fame.

Benoit was one of the Best Technical wrestlers that I have seen in my 30+ years as a fan. Hell Benoit/Angle in Royal Rumble 2003 is my favorite match ever.

But his legacy is tarnished by How it all ended.

I think Brown's legacy is tarnished with every that has happened in the last shame and its a damn shame that I just said that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

Brown played 35 less games
Had 75 more receptions
About the same yardage
and 8 more TD's.

Brown was considered the best receiver for several years.

I'm not sure Johnson is a very good comparison.

I believe his biggest obstacle in not getting is is that he is a complete douchebag.

yeah i was just looking. i was just thinking"this is a bad comparison"

Career numbers don't matter... There's a plethora of names in the HOF that have worse career numbers. I know I know, different era of football... Still doesn't matter. They've proven that.

I think AB could get blackballed from the HOF sotospeak though. He pissed off a lot of people. Hence why he's still groveling for work.
yep, if he gets a comebcak though.........

Benoit was one of the Best Technical wrestlers that I have seen in my 30+ years as a fan. Hell Benoit/Angle in Royal Rumble 2003 is my favorite match ever.

I think Brown's legacy is tarnished with every that has happened in the last shame and its a damn shame that I just said that.
this is nothing like the WWE. The WWE is scripted.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no idea who Chris Benoit is/was, had to look it up. That Benoit psycho murdered his wife & son. I don't recall AB killing anyone. Comparing AB to a double murderer? :L Really bad comparison.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who Chris Benoit is/was, had to look it up. That Benoit psycho murdered his wife & son. I don't recall AB killing anyone. Comparing AB to a double murderer? :L Really bad comparison.
also again, were talking about scripted wrestling.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also again, were talking about scripted wrestling.

LB18lW.gif

I'm guessing the "script" went something like this.

Bubba- Hey JimBob we need to practice our wrestlin' movez.

JimBob- Good idea, let me shotgun this beer first.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 243667

I'm guessing the "script" went something like this.

Bubba- Hey JimBob we need to practice our wrestlin' movez.

JimBob- Good idea, let me shotgun this beer first.
Maximum effort.........by that trampoline to support that man's weight

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I remember that. After killing his son and wife, he went into his gym and wrapped a cable with weights on it around his neck, all those years of steroid abuse finally got to his mental state

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I remember that. After killing his son and wife, he went into his gym and wrapped a cable with weights on it around his neck, all those years of steroid abuse finally got to his mental state

That's just awful.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know. I was speaking along the lines of tarnished legacy. He was the first one that I could think of.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly on the fence. Will his utter doucheness factor into it? For sure. All we need to do is look at how long it took T.O. to get in to see that. Everybody hated/hates T.O. even though one could easily argue that he is probably top 3 all time at the position. A.B.'s run in Pitt was spectacular but is it enough to overcome what has happened or possibly what might yet happen. Not sure.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly on the fence. Will his utter doucheness factor into it? For sure. All we need to do is look at how long it took T.O. to get in to see that. Everybody hated/hates T.O. even though one could easily argue that he is probably top 3 all time at the position. A.B.'s run in Pitt was spectacular but is it enough to overcome what has happened or possibly what might yet happen. Not sure.
i still come back to 2 good years, one great year for TD.........

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His time at NE alone should get him in the hof.