• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Antonio Brown and the HOF

If Antonio Brown never plays another down, does he get into the HOF?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has colluded to blackball him from the league and there needs to be an investigation.
everytime there is an Investigation AB gets in trouble
mocking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone makes the football hall of fame, so why not?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has colluded to blackball him from the league and there needs to be an investigation.

He did that to himself. When even Bill Belichick is tired of your shenanigans, you know you're the one that screwed up.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did that to himself. When even Bill Belichick is tired of your shenanigans, you know you're the one that screwed up.

Why , isn't it normal to quit on your team in a must win game for playoffs, or threaten your GM and call him a cracker, or post about your former team owner's massage escapades? I think you are overreacting and it's normal team player actions, run of the mill

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why , isn't it normal to quit on your team in a must win game for playoffs, or threaten your GM and call him a cracker, or post about your former team owner's massage escapades? I think you are overreacting and it's normal team player actions, run of the mill
Yeah, I can see that... :rolleyes2:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely better than Lynn Swann and less troubled than OJ or LT.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking back on it with them going out round 1 and Brady bouncing, I bet BB regrets that decision.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is without doubt, a HOF'er.....similar to the mentioned Sterling Sharpe. These guys were just dominant players when they ripped up the league during their era. Despite the fact that I detest people like Brown.....there really is no legit argument IMO why he shouldn't be in the Hall.

I completely agree. Even adjusting for era, few receivers in history were as dominant over a six year stretch as Brown.

However, I voted no, as I think the lower cumulative stats will keep him out.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see it just to see his acceptance speech followed by a right cross to a female reporter.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. Even adjusting for era, few receivers in history were as dominant over a six year stretch as Brown.

However, I voted no, as I think the lower cumulative stats will keep him out.
speaking of eras, if he had done that 6 year stretch in the earlier years of HOF voting he would get in.
There werent as many to vote on or "try" to get in. Also they didnt have as much media & no Social media to stir up his dirt.
Gale Sayers made it in because everyone knew how good he was before his injury, but if his career happened today. he wouldnt get in because how short his career was. AB is fighting in a much more crowded Arena to get in the HOF today.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Too many character/off-field issues for a guy whose longevity got ruined by the fact that he went totally off the rails and turned into a giant douche. Had his career ended via injuries or something instead more like Terrell Davis's, for example, he would have a much better chance of making it down the road. His career stats numbers simply aren't good enough to get him in until he either makes a decent comeback and cleans up his off-field image (extremely unlikely), or enough time passes for people to stop caring about any of it. So he'd probably be in for waiting 20+ years if he does ever make it as things stand.

As I've said countless times on this board, the NFL HOF is more of a popularity contest than anything else. Raw talent and production alone doesn't tend to be what gets players in. Look at Randy Moss compared to Terrell Owens, for example - both were inarguably top 5 of all time WR's, many would agree. I'd honestly rank then #2 (Moss) and #3 (Owens) in terms of raw talent and production abilities in their primes. Meanwhile, Moss made it to the HOF in his first year of eligibility, while Owens had to wait until his third year. That was mostly because despite Moss having some off-field/character issues when he played, they were never super serious. He was never known as a complete and utter prick the way Owens was when they were playing. That is further verified by the fact that Moss landed an NFL commentator career after he retired, where as Owens continues to be remembered much in the same light as he was when he played - immensely talented player, but a huge douchebag.

Then take a guy like AB. AB wasn't just any regular douche. He went completely off the rails and ran himself off of three different teams within one off-season plus one regular season game. Then he still couldn't learn to keep his mouth shut when he was first out of the league in order to keep the door open for a long-shot attempt at a comeback down the road in 2020 or 2021. Continues being a douche to this day as far as I'm aware. So no, he's not getting in with basically a 9-year career and not being particularly high on any general receiving records lists. It will be a very long time before he does make it if he does at all.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of eras, if he had done that 6 year stretch in the earlier years of HOF voting he would get in.
There werent as many to vote on or "try" to get in. Also they didnt have as much media & no Social media to stir up his dirt.
Gale Sayers made it in because everyone knew how good he was before his injury, but if his career happened today. he wouldnt get in because how short his career was. AB is fighting in a much more crowded Arena to get in the HOF today.

I dunno about this. Sterling Sharpe was arguably even more dominant than Brown was, and is still waiting. Terrell Davis had a short career, and he went into the Hall. I know Tony Boselli isn't in, but the way he's knocking on the door every year....he's bound to get in. I understand there are other factors, like Davis' winning MVP's and SB's, but still.

I think truly special players should go in almost regardless of career stats and whatnot. You know who they are just watching them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<----clicked yes, went right to change vote and couldnt....

so one more for "no"

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<----clicked yes, went right to change vote and couldnt....

so one more for "no"
I did the exact same thing lol... It appears we are "on the fence" so to speak. Which means there should have been a tater salad option.

WTF @Rock Strongo ?