• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anquan Boldin

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would love nothing more than the see Boldin manhandle Sherman. Not expecting it to happen, but man would it be fun to watch.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle's CBs matchup much better against Boldin than GB's. No doubt he's gonna have a much tougher time getting open.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just want him to destroy Sherman at the line. Sherman goes to press him and have Boldin lay him on his ass. That would be grand.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boldin vs. the Seattle DBs should be an interesting matchup, and I'm sure we'll try to motion him, put him in the slot, and otherwise try to prevent Sherman from covering him all game. But in all likelihood we will need another WR and our TEs to step up with some solid play.

The Hawks are also soft up front right now, with injuries and suspensions all along their DL. They let DeAngelo Williams run for over 5 YPC against them despite missing both starting OGs for virtually the entire game (Williams went down with about five minutes to go in the first quarter), and allowed Cam to put up 7.6 YPC despite focusing on preventing him from running. We need to get the ground game going against them. I wouldn't mind seeing some screens as well.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wasn't trying to be snarky or sarcastic. Just saying that guys don't usually get nominated for awards unless their team wins.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are acting like the Ravens WANTED to deal Boldin. He was a cap casualty. They simply couldn't afford him b/c of the contract they gave Flacco.

That said, I'm glad to have him, especially now that Crabs is out for a while.

Money was at the root of it, but I don't get the sense that Flacco's deal was the issue. I think they thought they would be just as productive and cheaper with Smith & Jones.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, they could have figured out a way to keep Boldin if they really wanted to. I think at least some of their thinking was that Flacco had finally broken through and could elevate the players around him. The injuries this last week, and Manning, kind of derailed that, but we'll see what happens going forward. I'm a bit skeptical of either Smith or Jones becoming that go-to receiver. Smith isn't close to being a complete receiver, and Jones, despite impressive physical ability, has never been more than a low-end #2 or high-end #3.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing is, after Boldins debut, he will draw a lot of attention, and hopefully some of the other guys can benefit.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY wanna see Patton get some more snaps. Especially now that you can guarantee Boldin will see double teams. Although if they double up on Boldin, that means there's a good chance that VD will get single coverage, which could be just as bad for the other team.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY wanna see Patton get some more snaps. Especially now that you can guarantee Boldin will see double teams. Although if they double up on Boldin, that means there's a good chance that VD will get single coverage, which could be just as bad for the other team.

I agree. He should be the first WR coming in on 3-WR sets. I would like to see more of Patton and less of Moore or Baldwin. I would like to see what both Baldwin and Patton to do, more so then Moore. Moore, in my mind, has had a fair shake in the NFL whereas we still have to see about the other two.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we all want to see what Patton can do....eventually. but why is there a rush to make him the 3rd WR? a few reps a game is totally fine, but isn't 3rd WR being anxious? at this point of the season i'd think a vet like Moore is better than a rookie?

just wondering.......

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all want to see what Patton can do....eventually. but why is there a rush to make him the 3rd WR? a few reps a game is totally fine, but isn't 3rd WR being anxious? at this point of the season i'd think a vet like Moore is better than a rookie?

just wondering.......

patton has instincts you cant teach. i'd love to see what he can do

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
patton has instincts you cant teach. i'd love to see what he can do

again, we all do, but how fast?

i'm ok if he gets a few reps now and if he shows more, then he gradually plays more. this is the same for the far majority of players at any level. so wondering why we need to be impatient and make him the 3rd WR? not arguing against it, but asking to see the logic?