• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Trent Williams question.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with this line of thinking is, you are trading Trent possibly to a team he does not want to go to. So the team making the trade is risking a 4th for a guy who might actually not show up. In which case Trent isa scratch off ticket. He might pay off, he might not. But the team that traded for him is still out that 4th rounder.

This is why I think unless the Redskins are talking to trent to see where he would be willing to go, they wont get better than a late 6th for him this far into it.

I could be wrong, but I dont think I am.
If your right, then keep him. We get a 5th conditional pick next year when he leaves as a FA.
BTW, welcome back!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your right, then keep him. We get a 5th conditional pick next year when he leaves as a FA.
BTW, welcome back!

Problem is, the only way he leaves as a FA is if he actually accrues a season. So he has to be willing to play or at least be available for six games. We either deal him to someplace he is willing to go, or cut him and get nada. Think RG3 only less of a pain in the ass. I wanted them to hold him and force a trade. But reailty said we couldnt afford it cap wise. Same deal, only we technically can afford it cap wise, but wont get squat if we try and deal Trent someplace he doesnt want to go.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new CBA changed that 6 game stuff
Problem is, the only way he leaves as a FA is if he actually accrues a season. So he has to be willing to play or at least be available for six games. We either deal him to someplace he is willing to go, or cut him and get nada. Think RG3 only less of a pain in the ass. I wanted them to hold him and force a trade. But reailty said we couldnt afford it cap wise. Same deal, only we technically can afford it cap wise, but wont get squat if we try and deal Trent someplace he doesnt want to go.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with this line of thinking is, you are trading Trent possibly to a team he does not want to go to. So the team making the trade is risking a 4th for a guy who might actually not show up. In which case Trent isa scratch off ticket. He might pay off, he might not. But the team that traded for him is still out that 4th rounder.

This is why I think unless the Redskins are talking to trent to see where he would be willing to go, they wont get better than a late 6th for him this far into it.

I could be wrong, but I dont think I am.

Exactly, he is a one year rental that wants a lot of money or he may not play. Why would you give up a 2nd, 3rd or 4th for that?

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, welcome back!
The other factor - just like with Kerrigan - is that if we trade him without picking up much salary - that will increase the unused salary cap carryover - which will increase our adjusted cap for next season. It could be another 10 mil or so to our cap next season. And with the cap likely going down significantly next season, that extra cap room could be a nice competitive advantage.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another little tid bit. With Corona virus, I do not see the NFL making as much money this season, and therefore, cap room, and this contracts, will go down next season. This makes Trent offers less lucrative in future years.

There may not be much of a season this year. That could get really interesting. Every year not played is a year that TW on field value declines.