• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Trent Williams question.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. What would your reaction be if Trent ended up playing for us this year?

2. Would that reaction be the same if he actually re-signed with this team?
(Effectively finishing his career here)

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point l would rather move on from him., too much bad blood and I don't trust him at all. But if he stays and plays this year I am ok with it, we desperately need a LT. If he stays I would prefer he sign a 3 yr deal for less than 14M.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ship has sailed for me, personally.

i’d be annoyed if was on the redskins, and probable even more so if he resigned with the redskins.
If he did that, it would prove he was a gutless coward who didnt even have the courage of his own convictions.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if that can happen . he would be a distraction for sure

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's like asking what if we find out the earth is round - when we know it's really flat. :smokin:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if that can happen . he would be a distraction for sure

Not so sure about that (distraction)
It's really funny how, generally speaking, winning cures a lot of ills.

Signing a new contract and making all kissy face, could actually signal a new day in Washington, where all of the pettiness left with ole' what's his name. If I'm Snyder, I would certainly throw a lot of it on Brucey boy. His tenure as owner could definitely use a bit of shit removal.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1- My reaction would be...OK, I guess we didn’t find enough value in a trade. I hope he plays very well, all-pro for us. I would rather get the trade value instead, but if there is no value, I would rather see him play well.

2- I would hope he played well. I would much rather see him gone in a franchise and trade situation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Signing a new contract and making all kissy face, could actually signal a new day in Washington, where all of the pettiness left with ole' what's his name. If I'm Snyder, I would certainly throw a lot of it on Brucey boy. His tenure as owner could definitely use a bit of shit removal.
Sty , you cant slash and burn and then say it doesn’t matter

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty , you cant slash and burn and then say it doesn’t matter

Why not? It's the NFL, money and talent matters!!

BTW: the attitudes exhibited here were the reasons why I created the thread. Check out the responses and you'll find that folks are working their way through that possibility.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with GK. If he somehow ends up playing for us, I hope he is again the best LT in the league. But I don't see that happening at this point. Too many proud egos involved.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? It's the NFL, money and talent matters!!

BTW: the attitudes exhibited here were the reasons why I created the thread. Check out the responses and you'll find that folks are working their way through that possibility.
Sty are we talking about fans or NFL owners? You asked what “ our “ reaction is not what execs reactions are .

to me the common layman fan the comments from TW and his agent have left a bad taste in my mouth and they have a credibility issue with me the fan

the ends do not justify the means to me and when you go radical then there are consequences to such actions

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't polish a turd Sty! :nono:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty are we talking about fans or NFL owners? You asked what “ our “ reaction is not what execs reactions are .

to me the common layman fan the comments from TW and his agent have left a bad taste in my mouth and they have a credibility issue with me the fan

the ends do not justify the means to me and when you go radical then there are consequences to such actions
Unfortunately the Skins will pay for those consequences by having to accept a 3rd - 4th rounder in a trade.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely talking about the fans, and in particular posters on our board, who've gone from support, to against and everything in the middle.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent's agent has zero clue. I question everything about Trent Williams now because he hired this so called agent. Because RR didn't call, Trent was mad. He met with Olsen before he met with Williams and Trent/his agent are mad? WTH? This has gotten completely ridiculous. All previous regime to include medical staff are gone but he still wants out. Why? Because he is a greedy non committal teammate, that's why.
His agent (Vince Taylor) can put any spin on it he wants, the hold up is directly related to his own personal demands. This guy is full of hot air...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I welcome him back, without equivocation, rancor, or regret. The goal is to win, he helps the team do that.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it was just a hypothetical question anyway!
Understood but with the damage already done his ship has sailed. Make teams aware we are parting ways and ask for their best and final offers, take the highest and move on.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to turn the page on TW.

While this ^^^^^ is the most correct answer to me. I woluldn't botcott watching the Skins if TW somehow ended up re-signing with them.