• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Trade..Minor League Version

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Curto @CurtoWorld
Rainiers relievers Mark Lowe and Jean Machi have been traded to the White Sox & are reporting to Charlotte. Big loss of leadership for TAC.

---------------------------

Still waiting for who we get back, but doesn't look like much based on what we gave up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..the team is "winning at all cost" but is too poor to add payroll so they and selling guys off?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..the team is "winning at all cost" but is too poor to add payroll so they and selling guys off?

That is how I see it. Still shocked on the O'Neill deal. Jose Cruz Jr. deal is another one that comes to mind.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much same ole Mariners in that regard. They enjoy their spot on the fence

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is how I see it. Still shocked on the O'Neill deal. Jose Cruz Jr. deal is another one that comes to mind.

The Varitek/Lowe and Cruz deals sucked and I wasn't a fan but in some sadistic way you could explain it becsuse they needed bullpen help badly to make a playoff run. This move literally (IMO) does nothing for the franchise. Maybe O'Neill turns out to be a bust but either way they traded a top prospect for a version of Gavilio/Bergman/DeJong..or name your 5th starter they have been using all year.

And selling off minor leaguers to pay for Phelps really bugs me. Stanton and Co. own a sports franchise that has no salary cap. Ownerships need to quit treating fans as though they are some poor ownership group. They own a franchise and tv rights in the fastest growing market, in terms of population and wealth, in the country.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This confuses me because word is that the Mariners have money to spend but not prospects. They've done essentially the opposite.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Varitek/Lowe and Cruz deals sucked and I wasn't a fan but in some sadistic way you could explain it becsuse they needed bullpen help badly to make a playoff run. This move literally (IMO) does nothing for the franchise. Maybe O'Neill turns out to be a bust but either way they traded a top prospect for a version of Gavilio/Bergman/DeJong..or name your 5th starter they have been using all year.

And selling off minor leaguers to pay for Phelps really bugs me. Stanton and Co. own a sports franchise that has no salary cap. Ownerships need to quit treating fans as though they are some poor ownership group. They own a franchise and tv rights in the fastest growing market, in terms of population and wealth, in the country.

This.