• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another look at the Sam Bradford trade....

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP was not Assist Head Coach. He was a QB coach that was rising. Possibly the next OC of the Packers. This has gotten old. DPD, why don't you go to your new team the 49'ers as you said previously. This has gotten real old.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sure everyone has already seen this video but I thought I would post it. There are quite a bit of poorly thrown balls but there's no excuse for about 95% of the drops in it. Makes me wonder how good the Eagles would have been if the WR play we saw the second half the season would have been there in the first 7+ games. I really hope Sam comes back. After being forced to watch him get punished in St. Louis every week, I can def say that Philly has way more potential than the Rams do to make a run.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure everyone has already seen this video but I thought I would post it. There are quite a bit of poorly thrown balls but there's no excuse for about 95% of the drops in it. Makes me wonder how good the Eagles would have been if the WR play we saw the second half the season would have been there in the first 7+ games. I really hope Sam comes back. After being forced to watch him get punished in St. Louis every week, I can def say that Philly has way more potential than the Rams do to make a run.

I need to post this video on my Mock Draft thread where I took a WR at 13. Our WR's were garbage this past season. Jordan Matthews may not be good enough to even be a #2 in this league. And this coming from a fan of the pick when we made it. What a let down. I still have hope for Agholor, but he didn't show much potential either aside from 1 good game? This team desperately needs that 1 go-to WR to pair with Ertz (who btw had a ton of drops himself, but at least showed up late in the season).

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard the interview with Pederson on the Fan. Sounds like a smart dude. Also sounds like Sam isn't gonna be here.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to post this video on my Mock Draft thread where I took a WR at 13. Our WR's were garbage this past season. Jordan Matthews may not be good enough to even be a #2 in this league. And this coming from a fan of the pick when we made it. What a let down. I still have hope for Agholor, but he didn't show much potential either aside from 1 good game? This team desperately needs that 1 go-to WR to pair with Ertz (who btw had a ton of drops himself, but at least showed up late in the season).

I still have high hopes for Agholor, Rey. I don't think he got good coaching, and he was injured quite a bit. It takes some WR's a year to get used to the speed and strength of the defenders v.s college. After next season, and if he still struggles, then I will be very disappointed.

I think that Jordan is a good #2, and I think he will gt over the drops.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jordan Matthews gets over the drops he might be a solid #1 still. He gets open and he runs hard after the catch. WRs often develop in their 3rd year.

Rookie - 67 rec, 872 yards, 8 TD
2nd year - 85 rec, 997 yards, 8 TD

Solid production.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jordan Matthews gets over the drops he might be a solid #1 still. He gets open and he runs hard after the catch. WRs often develop in their 3rd year.

Solid production.

I agree - it's easy to forget how he's produced in his first two years, in spite of the drops. Will be interesting to see how the new staff uses him, if they keep him inside or give him a shot on the perimeter.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - it's easy to forget how he's produced in his first two years, in spite of the drops. Will be interesting to see how the new staff uses him, if they keep him inside or give him a shot on the perimeter.

On top of that he is a very hard worker. He worked hard during the season to correct his drop issues and it showed with his second half performance.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded them a 2nd rounder for their starting QB. They had no starting QB all year and now we have no 2nd rounder. They spent 13.7 million dollars on their "supposed to be starting" QB in 2015. We spent 13 million on ours. Now we have first crack at keeping a starting QB and they have no clue who their starting QB is. Fleeced? Absolutely not.

Eagles spent a 2nd rounder and the trade value of Foles, for this year of Bradford. Bradford's contract is over.

The only other thing they have is the ability to franchise him for 2016. Which would be spending top 5 money that they don't have (should be around 20 mil) on a bottom 5 performing QB.

I don't see a team wanting to take on Bradford on a 1 year 20 mil franchise tag and also give up picks for him. You are assuming he'd want a lesser deal (maybe slightly longer term) for another team which would make him a tradeable asset.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you guys finally got back to the thread subject, Bradford is average QB at best. Some of you got giddy with his second half stats. I followed them the second half, Philly was down early and big in a few games, which meant Sammie was lighting up teams late in games against prevent defense. ya his receivers led league in drops, they also were among the league leaders in yards after the catch. Sammie also missed some ridiculously wide open receivers, along with some horrible interceptions! He still dinks and dunks more than some of you want to admit, and he should complete a high percentage of passes doing that?

Keep believing that he is the answer though, some of us believed it for 5 years, and it never happened, and I'm not seeing anything different from him now! Sammie didn't led Philly to the playoffs this year, and everything was in their favor, had the best team in the East and the East sucked this year and he still couldn't get it done! He is nit a leader and has never proven anything in 6 years?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Solid production.

His rookie year production was good, but his 2nd year stats are very deceiving. Waaaay too many drops and a whole lot of those yards were garbage time stats.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His rookie year production was good, but his 2nd year stats are very deceiving. Waaaay too many drops and a whole lot of those yards were garbage time stats.
Still good for confidence and comfort level. I bet a lot of these other guys with similar stats, before putting it together in their 3rd year, had garbage time stats too. I think Allen Robinson is a stud even though he had a lot of garbage time action.

No one should be sold on Matthews yet, but I wouldn't write him off either. His ability to get open and the way he runs with the ball are both plus traits.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not writing off Matthews ... and I agree that all WR's get some garbage time stats, but when Matthews puts up 1400 yards and 14 TD's I'll cut him some slack. A #1 WR with under 1000 yards of production (barring injury) in today's flag football NFL isn't a productive #1 WR imo. The most frustrating thing about Matthews is the bad hands ... he can get open and he's good after the catch, but if he has to get much better at catching the friggin' ball.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha that's hilarious

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I like about Jordan Matthews is that he does not make excuses. He owned up to his short comings and tried to (and still is) fix them. His second half was much better than his first half of the season. I believe he is going to put up to top 10 numbers next year.

Love the guy too. He has a bright future....but if you think this offense with everyone in a learning curve and a journeyman QB and a rookie QB, and a tactical idiot running the show... and a 3 time loser as OC... is going to enable big numbers from anyone.....I know you won't find any Eagles on my fantasy teams next year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we heard last offseason is how hard Jordan Matthews worked though. I think the issue with him is that he may simply not be a great athlete. He is tall, has some decent size, but is otherwise mediocre athletically for an NFL wideout. Career #2 guy.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we heard last offseason is how hard Jordan Matthews worked though. I think the issue with him is that he may simply not be a great athlete. He is tall, has some decent size, but is otherwise mediocre athletically for an NFL wideout. Career #2 guy.

I am not sure how to come to that conclusion. He was open a lot last year and would have much better numbers if he did not have a bad case of the drops early on in the year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews' work ethic has never been an issue ... he didn't drop all those passes because he wasn't a hard worker prior to this off season. It's very difficult to work on hands because you can't duplicate game conditions with a defender bearing on you as the ball is in the air.