• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another look at the Sam Bradford trade....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um Yeah. I don't know if there was a more impressive job on offense than in New England? They did more with less than just about any other team.
Edelman went down and the offense sucked. And that was with the greatest QB in the game. One has to wonder if you watch football at all or if the act of watching football games has become too much of an inconvenience for you. You even said as much yourself, so that's a proper conclusion here.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman went down and the offense sucked. One has to wonder if you watch football at all or if the act of watching football games has become too much of an inconvenience for you. You even said as much yourself, so that's a proper conclusion here.

Edelman is a undersized slow, former 7th round draft pick. His production is largely a result of the offensive design in New England. New England dealt with a host of injuries to the OL, Rbs and WRs that all contributed to their late season struggles.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman is a undersized slow, former 7th round draft pick. His production is largely a result of the offensive design in New England. New England dealt with a host of injuries to the OL, Rbs and WRs that all contributed to their late season struggles.
6.62 on the 3 cone. That is special quickness. The 3 cone represents the most football-like movements of any drill. But you'd have to watch football to understand that. Not just search for articles after the fact.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6.62 on the 3 cone. That is special quickness. The 3 cone represents the most football-like movements of any drill. But you'd have to watch football to understand that. Not just search for articles after the fact.

Yes. Mangini has done an excellent job of designing plays that take advantage of that skill set which they have been able to acquire on the cheap. Its pretty much plug and play for that package with Amendola and previously Welker.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Mangini has done an excellent job of designing plays that take advantage of that skill set which they have been able to acquire on the cheap. Its pretty much plug and play for that package with Amendola and previously Welker.
LOL, say no more. It's a rare post of yours that doesn't have something wrong within it. And there appears to be no value in pointing out the specifics.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with leaving it alone. Unfortunately, people like Eaglesnut insist on stating factually incorrect information like Dougie installing a new offense in KC at midseason or PhillyGreen being confused on what constitutes NFL employment. It seems reasonable to clear up the inaccuracies.

This from the person that said Andy Reid ran GB's offense as the QB coach.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the person that said Andy Reid ran GB's offense as the QB coach.

And he was the Assistant Head Coach as well. Clearly very involved in running one of the NFL's top offenses.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes....This.. The reason this whole discussion of Pederson's 4 year gap from the NFL came up is that Dutchbird tried to claim that Pederson was the defacto QB coach to Favre. Which I claimed, and it turns out you agree means very little. If Pederson did actually have that sort of impact on Favre's career (which is I agree is nonsense), he wouldn't have found himself working up the coaching latter from the very bottom rung as he did.

Ahum:

1999: Pederson brought in to be de facto QB coach for McNabb (and the whole team).
2000: Pederson brought to Cleveland to do the same
2001: Pederson back in Green Bay, functioning as de facto QB coach for Favre, some argue even somewhat OC, maybe even DC (according to former players there).

Also, Pederson was offered a job quickly after leaving the NFL by an NFL team, which Pederson turned down - and when Pederson turned it down he stated that he would stay in his current job (coaching the HS, building the program from scratch) for a while unless Andy called. Andy called four years latere. We do not even know whether others called Pederson and offered him a job.

Except that - for instance - Andy Reid might have insisted he should - as he has done for everyone, and so would Pederson. Hell, for all we know Pederson himself insisted he should start there. Skipping phases often leads to later disaster (in sports with coaching and reality in companies).

O yeah - and based on statements of players who worked with Pederson, Pederson did a whole lot more than what he was supposed to do based only the title of the coaching position he was brought in for.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That anyone thinks they know how a coach is going to do is laughable. Billionaires and their assistants fail miserably at this and spend a whole lot more time and resources than the 0 we spend with that circle.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahum:

1999: Pederson brought in to be de facto QB coach for McNabb (and the whole team).
2000: Pederson brought to Cleveland to do the same
2001: Pederson back in Green Bay, functioning as de facto QB coach for Favre, some argue even somewhat OC, maybe even DC (according to former players there).

Also, Pederson was offered a job quickly after leaving the NFL by an NFL team, which Pederson turned down - and when Pederson turned it down he stated that he would stay in his current job (coaching the HS, building the program from scratch) for a while unless Andy called. Andy called four years latere. We do not even know whether others called Pederson and offered him a job.

Except that - for instance - Andy Reid might have insisted he should - as he has done for everyone, and so would Pederson. Hell, for all we know Pederson himself insisted he should start there. Skipping phases often leads to later disaster (in sports with coaching and reality in companies).

O yeah - and based on statements of players who worked with Pederson, Pederson did a whole lot more than what he was supposed to do based only the title of the coaching position he was brought in for.

lol. It is a great story....I just happen to think it is total BS. Pederson "The Legend", the secret force behind the development of Favre and McNabb...but too humble to take anything more than an intern position in the NFL 4 years after his playing career ended.... I am intrigued to find out what else he does in his spare time...
- Perhaps opportunity did knock earlier when he was not home...but it decided to wait.
- Mosquitos refuse to bite him out of respect.
- He once ran a marathon...because it was on the way.
- His two cents is worth $37 in change.
- When he was a 50 50 shot, the odds are always in his favor.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was the Assistant Head Coach as well. Clearly very involved in running one of the NFL's top offenses.

I am not certain he was actually an assistant head coach. When I search for Andy Reid Wikipedia says he was the QB coach and Asst. Head Coach. Made no sense to me to be honest. I google the Packers Coaching staff for the years he was there and he was not listed once as an asst head coach.

Now do not take my comments as taking something away from Reid. To be honest when he was hired to me he was a WTF hire but proved to be a very good coach. However I think you are giving him too much credit. What I find laughable is you are bashing others for giving Pederson any kind of credit.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not certain he was actually an assistant head coach. When I search for Andy Reid Wikipedia says he was the QB coach and Asst. Head Coach. Made no sense to me to be honest. I google the Packers Coaching staff for the years he was there and he was not listed once as an asst head coach.

Now do not take my comments as taking something away from Reid. To be honest when he was hired to me he was a WTF hire but proved to be a very good coach. However I think you are giving him too much credit. What I find laughable is you are bashing others for giving Pederson any kind of credit.

I liked the Reid hire at the time. A hot young assistant from one of the NFL's best programs.

The Assistant Head Coach title is generally used to prevent teams from poaching a key assistant from the program. It can prevent a guy who is a position coach from becoming a Coordinator for another team. The only way to hire him away is to offer the Head Coach position, which is exactly what Lurie did. It doesn't surprise me that it's not listed everywhere as it's more of a strategic designation rather than an actual duty assignment.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Reid hire at the time. A hot young assistant from one of the NFL's best programs.

The Assistant Head Coach title is generally used to prevent teams from poaching a key assistant from the program. It can prevent a guy who is a position coach from becoming a Coordinator for another team. The only way to hire him away is to offer the Head Coach position, which is exactly what Lurie did. It doesn't surprise me that it's not listed everywhere as it's more of a strategic designation rather than an actual duty assignment.

Which may be the case. I am not disputing Reid's abilities but I think you give him way too much credit for the success of the Packers offense. I am pretty sure that Reid was probably going to be the next OC for the Packers and Lurie smartly got him out of there to be the Eagles coach.

With that said.....Andy Reid speaks very highly of Pederson and even says he would be a coach some day. He saw this years ago. While you (for some unknown reason) are constantly looking for reasons to bash Pederson there is nothing that supports your argument. I think Andy Reid is far more credible than you.

Even 15 years ago, Andy Reid knew Doug Pederson would be a coach

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which may be the case. I am not disputing Reid's abilities but I think you give him way too much credit for the success of the Packers offense. I am pretty sure that Reid was probably going to be the next OC for the Packers and Lurie smartly got him out of there to be the Eagles coach.

With that said.....Andy Reid speaks very highly of Pederson and even says he would be a coach some day. He saw this years ago. While you (for some unknown reason) are constantly looking for reasons to bash Pederson there is nothing that supports your argument. I think Andy Reid is far more credible than you.

Even 15 years ago, Andy Reid knew Doug Pederson would be a coach

Reid is excellent at hyping his staff for promotions and is fond of telling these types of stories. I have searched and cannot find any older articles that supports this idea that Pederson was the defacto QB coach for Favre.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid is excellent at hyping his staff for promotions and is fond of telling these types of stories. I have searched and cannot find any older articles that supports this idea that Pederson was the defacto QB coach for Favre.

Is that your argument? Are you serious? Why do you constantly ignore the facts placed in front of you? Andy Reid himself even pointed out that after a series Favre would go straight to Pederson.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that your argument? Are you serious? Why do you constantly ignore the facts placed in front of you? Andy Reid himself even pointed out that after a series Favre would go straight to Pederson.

This is what managers do. They promote and motivate their staff. It makes the staff feel good and it makes the manager look good. Not saying the story isn't true...I am sure there is a grain or two of truth to it...Just saying that it seems a little overhyped to me. If Pederson's role in Favre's career was that vital, I think the subsequent years would have played out a little differently, and perhaps you would be able to find some 10-12 year old stories with people hyping Pederson. How about an interview with Favre after a game, where he gives Pederson a little credit? Can't find a one of them.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what managers do. They promote and motivate their staff. It makes the staff feel good and it makes the manager look good. Not saying the story isn't true...I am sure there is a grain or two of truth to it...Just saying that it seems a little overhyped to me. If Pederson's role in Favre's career was that vital, I think the subsequent years would have played out a little differently, and perhaps you would be able to find some 10-12 year old stories with people hyping Pederson. How about an interview with Favre after a game, where he gives Pederson a little credit? Can't find a one of them.

You will either be proven right or proven wrong as next season plays out. Sad thing is, it appears you will be rooting for Pederson to fail. I think everyone has some concerns but who wouldn't with a new Head Coach. I will support the guy that got hired until he gives me a reason not to. I supported Chip until he proved (to me) he couldn't win.

Peterson has done nothing to prove he isn't capable of being a Head Coach in this league. The only thing I can do is support my team and evaluate him on the job he does. No one is asking you to be happy about the Pedeson hiring but at least you can accept it and focus on some of the positive things that are already happening.

If he fails you can always say, "I told you so". :D :D :D

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep feeding him ammunition to respond - DPD lives for this! Ignore him already!

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="djm, post: 7943912, member: 8485"
Peterson has done nothing to prove he isn't capable of being a Head Coach in this league. [/QUOTE]

Tactical malpractice is enough proof for me....

Here's Pederson's explanation for why the drive took so long:

"It took us time because No. 1, we did not want to give Tom Brady the ball back," Pederson said. "We knew we were going to score. We knew we had timeouts and time. We were also limited with the number of receivers; we had Jeremy Maclin out of the game at the time. We were down numbers. We felt like at that point, not to give the ball back to Tom Brady. We still had timeouts and time, even with the onside kick, to put ourselves in a position to tie the football game."