• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another look at the Sam Bradford trade....

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade terms.

Nick Foles plus a number 2 for Sam Bradford.
Bradford's contract. One year remaining at $13M.
Nick Foles contract (renogiated). $6M guaranteed and club options for 2016 and 2017 that will likely not be executed.

It now seems that people are projecting that whether he is kept or not, Bradford is likely to be franchised as you can then trade him for....a 2nd round draft pick.

If that is true (debatable), the trade ended up being Foles at $6M for Bradford at $13M. And Foles was benched halfway through the year and will likely be cut, while Bradford has some market value that is projecting at a 2nd round pick.

So the Eagles got the better QB at a market rate and avoided paying $6M to a guy that wasn't good enough to start in St Louis. At this point, it seems the Eagles got the better end of this deal, although if the Eagles decided to trade him or cut him loose, its a sad story for both teams.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep if he's not resigned we lost that 2nd for no damn reason.

But truthfully, we lost that 2nd for no damn reason regardless.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford signs long term then and only then would I consider it worth it and that may be a stretch.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade terms.

Nick Foles plus a number 2 for Sam Bradford.
Bradford's contract. One year remaining at $13M.
Nick Foles contract (renogiated). $6M guaranteed and club options for 2016 and 2017 that will likely not be executed.

It now seems that people are projecting that whether he is kept or not, Bradford is likely to be franchised as you can then trade him for....a 2nd round draft pick.

If that is true (debatable), the trade ended up being Foles at $6M for Bradford at $13M. And Foles was benched halfway through the year and will likely be cut, while Bradford has some market value that is projecting at a 2nd round pick.

So the Eagles got the better QB at a market rate and avoided paying $6M to a guy that wasn't good enough to start in St Louis. At this point, it seems the Eagles got the better end of this deal, although if the Eagles decided to trade him or cut him loose, its a sad story for both teams.

Both teams were 7-9 and we got the 2nd rounder. You just get to keep Bradford.

giphy.gif

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford will demand at least 20 mill per year or more! ....Good luck with the often injured below average qb!

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you got our 2nd round pick but that shouldn't excite you very much. Look what you got for RGIII and your are still a 7-9 team. People can speculate all they want to but no one knows if we even want Bradford to stay. My guess is at 20 million he can go pound sand.

Bradford is not the best QB in the NFL but he is much better than anything you guys have. So, I am not sure why you are laughing at us. :D :D

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford will demand at least 20 mill per year or more! ....Good luck with the often injured below average qb!
Below average? What's your average?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it Wiz. Every single eye test but more objectively, every single number out there tells us he is below average.

You can 6, 8 or 10 game sample all you want, hell you could do that with any player to argue they are a prob-bowler. Reality is, there are 40-50 more games that say he stinks. At this point, by signing him, you're realistically hoping he can consistently perform up to average, something he's yet to do thru 6 NFL seasons.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puts the ball on target. Check.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you got our 2nd round pick but that shouldn't excite you very much. Look what you got for RGIII and your are still a 7-9 team. People can speculate all they want to but no one knows if we even want Bradford to stay. My guess is at 20 million he can go pound sand.

Bradford is not the best QB in the NFL but he is much better than anything you guys have. So, I am not sure why you are laughing at us. :D :D

And whats your definition of much better? We finished with same record with crappier QB's doesn't say much for Sammie? Foles had a couple good games, Keenum had a couple good games, Sammie had a couple good games?????

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puts the ball on target. Check.

Not that hard to do when you are dinking and dunking? Although when he was dinking and dunking for the Rams he struggled to complete a high percentage of his passes?

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it Wiz. Every single eye test but more objectively, every single number out there tells us he is below average.

You can 6, 8 or 10 game sample all you want, hell you could do that with any player to argue they are a prob-bowler. Reality is, there are 40-50 more games that say he stinks. At this point, by signing him, you're realistically hoping he can consistently perform up to average, something he's yet to do thru 6 NFL seasons.

Put him in a QB friendly WCO and he'll do well. You can sample the St Louis O all you want but I'm not using that measuring stick. Think Rich Gannon....only better.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Rich Gannon....only better.
We'll have to see. If he stays with us, i hope you are right.

My concern with his game--even his best games this year is that it seems to exist almost solely in the short to intermediate throws. He'll have to build on that to be successful. Opposing teams would only have to rush 3 DL men at him and drop back more in coverage and he'll look like Brady last week.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not so sure about that. What do Foles and Bradford have in common? They both have had success in the philly offense and they both have played terrible in the Ram offense. That tells me that your team has a better offense(supporting cast) than my RAMS! In other words your offense can get by with "just average play" from the qb position!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't come here to laugh at you, what I do find comical is the fact that this "Deer path Dave" is assuming that Philly got the better part of the deal!... LOL.... Well in all actuality, the deal really cant be judged until it is completed! Don't you agree? If we blow the #2 draft pick and you sign Sammy to a 5 year deal and he goes on an plays well while Foles continues to sit on the bench, then yes I would say you got the better end. How ever, if we hit on that draft pick and surround Foles with some decent players while Sammy continues with his dink and dunk passing and OBTW cant stay healthy mentality! Then I will want your opinion on this!

All I can say about Bradford is that we wasted 5 years on this guy and we only got 1 decent season out of him(his rookie season). He only played in 60% of his games! He was injured the rest!.... Pathetic!

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles Franchise bradford and then attempt to trade him? Who wants to pay 20+ million for a Sub Par QB?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't come here to laugh at you, what I do find comical is the fact that this "Deer path Dave" is assuming that Philly got the better part of the deal!... LOL.... Well in all actuality, the deal really cant be judged until it is completed! Don't you agree? If we blow the #2 draft pick and you sign Sammy to a 5 year deal and he goes on an plays well while Foles continues to sit on the bench, then yes I would say you got the better end. How ever, if we hit on that draft pick and surround Foles with some decent players while Sammy continues with his dink and dunk passing and OBTW cant stay healthy mentality! Then I will want your opinion on this!

All I can say about Bradford is that we wasted 5 years on this guy and we only got 1 decent season out of him(his rookie season). He only played in 60% of his games! He was injured the rest!.... Pathetic!

Well you are correct that a year or two from now we may again view it differently. At this point I am assuming that...

1. Bradord will be franchised and traded for a #2. That effectively cancels out the #2 the Eagles gave up fro Bradford.
2. Foles will be cut rather than pay his guarantee this year.

So its a lose-lose really. Both teams ended up with a one year rental under those circumstances. But Bradford played marginally better.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that hard to do when you are dinking and dunking? Although when he was dinking and dunking for the Rams he struggled to complete a high percentage of his passes?
All over the field actually. Long ball, intermediate stuff. Just pinpoint once he got his legs under him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got fleeced by the Rams. Surprised some people still don't see it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got fleeced by the Rams. Surprised some people still don't see it.

We traded them a 2nd rounder for their starting QB. They had no starting QB all year and now we have no 2nd rounder. They spent 13.7 million dollars on their "supposed to be starting" QB in 2015. We spent 13 million on ours. Now we have first crack at keeping a starting QB and they have no clue who their starting QB is. Fleeced? Absolutely not.