• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another hit with Dujaun Harris done for year with a bad knee

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this helps make the choice of who to cut at running back a bit easier did Starks just have his job saved??

Packers move DuJuan Harris (knee) to injured reserve - NFL.com

Packers move DuJuan Harris (knee) to injured reserve

DuJuan Harris has been taken out of the mix for the Green Bay Packers.
Mike McCarthy told reporters Tuesday that Harris has been placed on injured reserve. The move comes four days after the running back re-injured his knee in Green Bay's preseason loss to the Seattle Seahawks. He received a second opinion on the injury on Monday.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that Harris reaggravated the patella tendon inflammation that kept him out of action for most of training camp. The injury would've kept him sidelined several weeks. The Packers want to get him fully healthy this time.

"It's a tough one," McCarthy said. "He's definitely a young player I felt was going to be an impactful player on offense. I know it's a tough blow for him. We need to get him healthy and we will start that process."

The door is now wide open for Eddie Lacy, the rookie who has impressed throughout training camp and the preseason. Alex Green and Johnathan Franklin give the team further coverage.
Harris was a McCarthy favorite who had been in the mix for a starting job. That said, the Packers have the depth to survive the loss

Last edited by a moderator:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it sucks but honestly the only thing it changes is Starks keeping his job. I honestly would rather see if we could trade one of either Green or Starks and keep an extra DL or LB

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit did not look that bad on TV, but you could tell on the play he was injured.

From that, I do not believe he would have lasted very long during the season with that knee, probably better that it happened now.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was excited about Harris as our complementary RB, sad to see him go down. We fortunately have the depth at RB this year to cover for him. Keep Starks cut/trade Green

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks.....I know there are a lot of Starks fans out there, and I am not one of them. He's had a bright spot or two, but IMO he's not a top tier RB. Hopefully between Lacy and Franklin(if they stay healthy) we can keep opposing defenses honest.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really REALLY hate this. I'm a HUGE Harris fan and though he and Lacy would've been a DEADLY 1-2 punch this year.

However, this is a mixed blessing because we'll probably carry 4 backs and Green and Starks will get ONE last shot now that a fire has been lit under their asses with the Lacy and Franklin picks. It's totally cutthroat now and it'll be very entertaining to watch. I really hope Harris can bounce back from this next season.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that guy. I hope he can bounce back next season.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure this will all pan out, but I really think we'll be fine at RB. The O-line is still dealing with the loss of Bulaga. While it won't be as solid without him, it shouldn't be any worse than the end of last season when he was on IR for seven games. They need a little more time to gel.

Alex Green is apparently 100% after dealing with his injuries all last season. I think he'll be fine this year. As for Franklin, I honestly think it's a matter of "when" he gets it, not "if". So I really think he'll contribute at some point this year too. And Lacy will be a total difference maker as long as he stays healthy.