• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another day of nothing: Bogaerts is ready, Clay isn't

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond his talent on the field, Boston Red Sox shortstop prospect Xander Bogaerts rates a Torii Hunter-like grade on the 20-80 player congeniality scale. He displayed his people skills during the All-Star Futures Game, when he stood near the third-base dugout at Citi Field in New York and gave one media interview after another on a day so hot it could melt a Cliff Lee death stare.

Bogaerts, 20, answered questions about his position preference (open-minded), his linguistic skills (he speaks fluent English, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamento) and his feelings about spending last August and this spring with Boston's Double-A affiliate in Portland, Maine.

"Cold," Bogaerts said, laughing. "Last year was such beautiful weather, and I came into Portland this year and it was a hard time -- especially being from Aruba. It was a good learning experience. It's definitely challenging. Hopefully next year, wherever I am, I'm accustomed to the cold."

Apparently Bogaerts' swing is weather-resistant. He hit .311 with a .909 OPS for the Seadogs to earn a promotion to Triple-A Pawtucket, where he has seven home runs in his first 29 games. For Red Sox fans and die-hard prospect watchers wondering when he might break through and earn a promotion to the big club in Boston, here's a hint: He's getting warmer.

Read more...he's coming, soon...and he's going to take this fucking town over....

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up on Owens Rock....

Fangraphs has him there midseason top 50. Actually...#50...

Bogaerts #2, JBJ #38, Cecchini #45, Ranaudo #49, Owens #50

Keith Law as well, Bogaerts #3, Cecchini #20, JBJ # 24, Owens #31

And Blake Swihart was a "just missed" on both...despite rather pedestrian numbers, most scouts absolutely love him...

Their top 3 picks in the draft, Trey Ball, Teddy Stankiewicz and Jon Denney all may be top 100's next year...Ball and Denney are near locks..

Add Barnes, Brentz, Workman, Britton, Webster? Fuck me...could be 10 top 100's half in the top 50 with a top 5....

#cantwait

the farm is back:yahoo::suds:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its real .....its definitely way cooler than the shit growing between my toes

one of the links has a time lapse video showing an ant being overtaken by the fungus

its cool...it has mind control properties, forcing its host to painstakingly "zombie walk" to a spot thats best for the fungus to thrive, before the host dies

like a wife:laugh3:

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the links has a time lapse video showing an ant being overtaken by the fungus

its cool...it has mind control properties, forcing its host to painstakingly "zombie walk" to a spot thats best for the fungus to thrive, before the host dies

like a wife:laugh3:

:lol::10:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the farm is back:yahoo::suds:

Amazing that they don't have a 1st basemen at any level that appears capable to taking one of the few position that appear to be open in the near future...they have everything else covered...

Another name to be on the lookout for: Manuel Margot:

Scouting Report: Medium frame, with fast twitch muscle and above-average athleticism. Fluid swing that shows developing leverage to the point of contact. Quick hands. Smooth load and little wasted movement. Hands stay in position to hit, with separation during stride. Above-average bat speed. Presently a line drive hitter. Potential to develop average power as he matures. In the early stages of developing an approach, but shows willingness to see pitches. Below-average present pitch recognition. Likes to attack the ball early in the count. Swing can get long. Needs to work on going to all fields. Moderate projection for physical growth. Not likely to overly impact athleticism. Body could use added strength to enhance offensive tools. Plus-plus speed. Accelerates well out of the box and shows another gear when going first-to-third. Fringe-average arm. Reads the ball off the bat well in center field. Graceful when tracking fly balls and shows understanding of how to take precise routes. Ability to stick in center. Plus range, with potential to round into above-average defender. Beginning to learn the professional game. Strong instincts. Ceiling of a top-of-the-order hitter on first division team. Will take time to develop.

18 years old and holding his own in the NY Penn League (lowell)....He's on an aggressive track akin to how they handled bogaerts early on who flew through the Single A ranks before he turned 20...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
130718200639-01-tsarnaev-capture-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Should make a 1000 copies and walk around looking for that rolling stones issue, and tape it to the cover...

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ royals contending!!

How bad must they think AL Central is for them to actually contend

Crack me up.

But at least they have a better record then the Brew Crew lead by a PED user.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should make a 1000 copies and walk around looking for that rolling stones issue, and tape it to the cover...

whats that yellow shit on his head?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness MLB is starting back up today. Been a boring few days off.

Get back to my vCash gambling addiction. :lol:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else see these comments by Charles Barkley?

CHARLES BARKLEY: Well, I agreed with the verdict. I feel sorry that young kid got killed. But they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. Something clearly went wrong that night. Clearly something went wrong. I feel bad for anybody who loses a kid, but if you looked at the case and you don't make it -- there was some racial profiling, no question about it. But something happened that changed the dynamic of that night, and I know -- that's probably not a popular opinion among most people but just looking at the evidence I agreed with the verdict.

I just feel bad because I don't like when race gets out in the media because I don't think the media has a pure heart, as I call it. There are very few people have a pure heart when it comes to race. Racism is wrong in any, shape, form -- a lot of black people are racist too. I think sometimes when people talk about racism, they say only white people are racist. There are a lot of black people who are racist. I don't like when it gets out there in the media because I don't think the media has clean hands.

He'll be off TV for good within a year...they'll cite alcohol problems...it'll be because of this...

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down, Thoughts on Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez? Where do you think he lands?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is that a yellow laser sight on his forehead?

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down, Thoughts on Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez? Where do you think he lands?

I'm hoping in Boston...if the scouting reports are true he might be worth the reported $40m asking price, and since he doesn't count against a teams international signing pool? Why not?

If I had to put money on it? I'd say Texas...