• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Angels might trade everyone everywhere all at once?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From The Athletic

Would the Angels consider trading Ohtani … and Mike Trout and Anthony Rendon? All in the same deal? It’s not as crazy as it sounds, Sam Blum writes.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Rendon makes 38 million a year for thru 2026.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Rendon makes 38 million a year for thru 2026.

He might be the most impressive of their FA flops, just because he was coming off an elite year. He was an elite player coming off his best year at the plate... he was still elite at the plate in 2020, but that was a shortened season. 94 OPS+ since and he's only played 148 games. He looked like he had a shot at the HOF before, now that's pretty much done.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels acquired RHP’s Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo López from the White Sox for C Edgar Quero and LHP Ky Bush.
The Angels weren’t kidding about being buyers at the trade deadline, and have made a significant splash, pushing all of their chips to the center of the table to bolster their starting rotation with one of the premier pitchers available on the market. The 29-year-old impending free agent has compiled a strong 3.79 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 131/42 K/BB ratio across 121 innings (21 starts) this season for the White Sox. He gives Los Angeles another quality mid-rotation starter to boost their chances of making the postseason for the first time since 2014.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels acquired RHP’s Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo López from the White Sox for C Edgar Quero and LHP Ky Bush.
The Angels weren’t kidding about being buyers at the trade deadline, and have made a significant splash, pushing all of their chips to the center of the table to bolster their starting rotation with one of the premier pitchers available on the market. The 29-year-old impending free agent has compiled a strong 3.79 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 131/42 K/BB ratio across 121 innings (21 starts) this season for the White Sox. He gives Los Angeles another quality mid-rotation starter to boost their chances of making the postseason for the first time since 2014.

Idk how I feel about this for the ChiSox. Quero and Bush were two of their top prospects, though the stock on both Bush and Quero has fallen a bit this year.. I like Quero's walk and strikeout rates, but have to wonder how much of his 2022 performance could be attributed to the Cal League (a well known hitter's league). Regardless, he looked like he'd be blocked at C anyway with O'Hoppe looking like the Angels' catcher of the future. As for Bush, there's concerns about his fastball and he might be better suited for the bullpen

also, being a top prospect in the Angels system is like being one of the tallest midgets.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk how I feel about this for the ChiSox. Quero and Bush were two of their top prospects, though the stock on both Bush and Quero has fallen a bit this year.. I like Quero's walk and strikeout rates, but have to wonder how much of his 2022 performance could be attributed to the Cal League (a well known hitter's league). Regardless, he looked like he'd be blocked at C anyway with O'Hoppe looking like the Angels' catcher of the future. As for Bush, there's concerns about his fastball and he might be better suited for the bullpen

also, being a top prospect in the Angels system is like being one of the tallest midgets.
Quero is a top 100 on the BP prospect list. Of course top prospect lists are nothing but click bait, but it is an indicator that he isn’t just a mid-level prospect in the desert of Angels nothingness.

My main “problem” with the Hose’s haul is that Quero (20) is really young, which means a lot can happen before he get even a taste of the Bigs. Bush is 23, but is clearly the lessor of the two prospects.

On the Giants board, I have been pushing for a Bart/Ramos for Giolito/Anderson swap. Bart is a former #2 overall and consensus top 100 prospect and Ramos is also a former consensus top 100. Both currently in AAA and riding hot streaks, but have fallen out of favor with the Giants (Bart has been completely displaced by Bailey and Ramos has just outstayed his welcome). I think Bart/Ramos is a comparable package to Quero/Bush. It differs, though in that Bart/Ramos is all about proximity while Quero/Bush is all about distant potential.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quero is a top 100 on the BP prospect list. Of course top prospect lists are nothing but click bait, but it is an indicator that he isn’t just a mid-level prospect in the desert of Angels nothingness.

My main “problem” with the Hose’s haul is that Quero (20) is really young, which means a lot can happen before he get even a taste of the Bigs. Bush is 23, but is clearly the lessor of the two prospects.

On the Giants board, I have been pushing for a Bart/Ramos for Giolito/Anderson swap. Bart is a former #2 overall and consensus top 100 prospect and Ramos is also a former consensus top 100. Both currently in AAA and riding hot streaks, but have fallen out of favor with the Giants (Bart has been completely displaced by Bailey and Ramos has just outstayed his welcome). I think Bart/Ramos is a comparable package to Quero/Bush. It differs, though in that Bart/Ramos is all about proximity while Quero/Bush is all about distant potential.
seems like Bart has been around forever.

just looked- Bart is 26- has played in parts of 4 MLB seasons. In 2019 MLB.com had him as the #22 prospect in baseball- 14th in 2020.

does he still have any valley?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like Bart has been around forever.

just looked- Bart is 26- has played in parts of 4 MLB seasons. In 2019 MLB.com had him as the #22 prospect in baseball- 14th in 2020.

does he still have any valley?
He still has potential. A change of location often can allow a guy to shed any mental blocks he has in an org. He has power, he just strikes out too much and his defense is about average for an MLB catcher. I would be shocked to see him develop into an allstar or any kind of SERIOUS asset, but he can develop into a solid starter, I think. He just needs to tap into it.

He was forced into action in ‘20 before he was ready because Posey opted out. That was not good for his development.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think catching prospects are also riskier than other positions. Could be wrong, but it feels like fewer catchers in the top 100 succeed than other positions.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Angels fan, I hate that they have refused to trade Ohtani the past 2 seasons.

All Moreno cares about is lining his pockets. He doesn’t care about the fans, or the product on the field, as long as he’s making money.

A post season run or even making the playoffs is not going to convince Ohtani to stay with the Angels. He is going to a team that is consistently in the playoffs ( like the Dodgers ).

Ohtani has no loyalty to the Angels like Trout did when he signed his extension.

They are going to lose Ohtani regardless of what happens this season, when they could’ve traded him last year and got quite the haul of players and prospects that would’ve been in line with the Soto trade.

Now, after this season, they will once again be irrelevant because the roster is thin on talent and the farm system sucks.

Way to go Moreno. You should’ve sold the team to an owner that cares more about the team and fans vs just lining his pockets for an extra season and a half of Ohtani.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throws a one-hitter in the first game of the doubleheader and has hit two home runs in Game 2 of the DH.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think catching prospects are also riskier than other positions. Could be wrong, but it feels like fewer catchers in the top 100 succeed than other positions.

I just noticed that he skipped A+ ball. That he's been able to walk more than he's struck out is pretty remarkable. And the jump from A to AA is pretty big.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that he skipped A+ ball. That he's been able to walk more than he's struck out is pretty remarkable. And the jump from A to AA is pretty big.
He's only 20 also. Good trade for the Sox, hope they get some more good stuff for Anderson and Lynn and others. Probably not that good though.