• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Dalton, 6 years - $115,000,000

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he deserves every penny of it. he is the reason the bengals are even contenders. other then him who else do they have?

I have to say, I've wanted Dalton to do well because I like TCU, but having watched the Bengals play numerous times the last few years, I'd say he is closer to #20 in the league than #10. He has a LOT to work with there. AJ Green is similar to Dez. Their OL is the equal of the Cowboys, even with the addition of Martin. Witten makes us stronger at TE, RB is close to a push IMO. Then compare the defenses.....there is no comparison. Put it this way...With the Bengals, Romo would make them a Super Bowl contender. Dalton would make the Cowboys....a contender for a top 5 draft pick

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton was atrocious in the playoff. Decent qb, not great, and a minimal amount of guaranteed money. Not a bad a the Romo contract with way more guaranteed money.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just that though. There are a lot of starting QBs right now that just flat out suck. So being better than 10 or 12 of them really doesn't mean anything. Looking quickly I came up with around 18 guys that are clearly better than him. Then there is a group of 4 or so guys he is equal to and then there are guys that teams should be looking at luring Orton out of retirement for or hoping their draft picks become a player...

Well lets hear who they are cause I dont think there are 18 CLEARLY better then him. Especially after tossing 33 TDs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets hear who they are cause I dont think there are 18 CLEARLY better then him. Especially after tossing 33 TDs.

Dear God. I don't give a shit what you think about my opinion on Andy Dalton. I think he is not very good and I don't form my opinions based on stats alone and certainly not just his total TDs. That's an argument I'd expect from a fanatasy football l fan whose league doesn't take away points for Ints. I've given reasons for my opinion and you can accept them or not but I DON'T THINK HE IS A GOOD QB. I THINK HE IS LESS THAN AVERAGE and I wouldn't want him as my teams starting QB and if Cincy wanted him long term they would have structured teh contract to show that and they didn't. Do what you will with that info and take a look at the list yourself because those QBs I think are better came out immediately. Make a list and I'll tell you who I would add, but I'm not taking the time to write it all down. And don't come back with some bull shit after like "well he only threw 20 TDs" because that isn't how I judge Football players. Dalton is on a great situation with a great OL and a WR that seemingly comes down with a ton of his stupid "up for grabs throws".

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Luck, Romo, Big Ben, Rivers, Stafford, Luck, Cutler, Ryan, Flacco, Kaepernick, Wilson, Griffin, ASmith, Foles, Newton and Palmer are all better than Dalton IMO.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of that Earl. I would just add as tough as his division is - which he has a losing record against- the NFC is a whole different beast than the Afc these days.

That may be true but the Ravens did just win the SB recently and it wasn't long ago Pitt was winning SBs. Any time you have two franchises like that in your division that are fairly consistent playoff contenders, your division is tough. Cincy's road to the playoffs is much tougher than most teams and making the playoffs for three straight years is impressive, even if they have collapsed in the playoffs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Luck, Romo, Big Ben, Rivers, Stafford, Luck, Cutler, Ryan, Flacco, Kaepernick, Wilson, Griffin, ASmith, Foles, Newton and Palmer are all better than Dalton IMO.

And the only one on that list that is even a question IMO is Palmer.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you throw out 2013 I'd include Schaub.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you throw out 2013 I'd include Schaub.

Ouch that's a tough one. I don't know if I could go that far at this point, BUT, put Dalton on Hou and Schaub behind Cincy's line and they may be a lot closer than they seem right now. Heck, a year ago I had Alex Smith in that same category as Schaub now sits and look what a change did for him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch that's a tough one. I don't know if I could go that far at this point, BUT, put Dalton on Hou and Schaub behind Cincy's line and they may be a lot closer than they seem right now. Heck, a year ago I had Alex Smith in that same category as Schaub now sits and look what a change did for him.

Like I said throw out last year and Schaub is a top 10/QB. Definitely an above average QB since he became the starter. IMO Oakland git a great deal with that trade. It all depends on if Schaub can forget about 2013.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had Schaub as top 10 and I was probably higher on him than most. But he certainly was held in a lot higher regard than he is today.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had Schaub as top 10 and I was probably higher on him than most. But he certainly was held in a lot higher regard than he is today.

I think Schaub is much more of the QB we saw post 2013. If so Oakland rapped Houston. If not he cost them a 6th round throw away pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. I always liked Schaub more from a fantasy point of view than a real Football point of view. I don't remember, is Oak paying him alot this year? I thought he had some kind of a one and done contract if he doesn't work out. I agree it was probably a real good trade by Oak just to take the chance because they really don't have much and they signed all these older FA types, so obviously they'd like to win a couple games this year.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but then Foles & Bob are out.

bet this changes again after this coming season...way to subjective

Just going off last year Bob is out. Now when I saw he put Foles on the list I questioned it. He has what? 8 games as a starter? He looked good last year but I'm holding judgment on him. With Schaub we have plenty of playing time to make a realistic evaluation.

I do understand Eagle fans pumping Foles up because we did the same when Romo took over for Bledsoe.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have your opinion. You can also say you wouldnt want him on your team. But 4300 yards and 33 TDs simply isn't, "Hes barely a starting caliber NFL QB". There's about 15 teams that WOULD love to have him.

He does throw a lot of pics (20) but his 88 QBR is good.

This is basically what it comes down to.

Dalton is never going to be Peyton Manning but there's a huge drop off in talent after him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going off last year Bob is out. Now when I saw he put Foles on the list I questioned it. He has what? 8 games as a starter? He looked good last year but I'm holding judgment on him. With Schaub we have plenty of playing time to make a realistic evaluation.

I do understand Eagle fans pumping Foles up because we did the same when Romo took over for Bledsoe.

manster.....you remember Romo's first 8 games as a starter?
The players in this league elected him to the pro bowl.

like the standings....very little stays the same year to year and many last to first type stories come outta the woodworks

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manster.....you remember Romo's first 8 games as a starter?
The players in this league elected him to the pro bowl.

like the standings....very little stays the same year to year and many last to first type stories come outta the woodworks

100% agree. It's a year to year league. Hence the reason I'm not ready to sell all my Schaub stock, and why I understand Eagles take on Foles.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear God. I don't give a shit what you think about my opinion on Andy Dalton. I think he is not very good and I don't form my opinions based on stats alone and certainly not just his total TDs. That's an argument I'd expect from a fanatasy football l fan whose league doesn't take away points for Ints. I've given reasons for my opinion and you can accept them or not but I DON'T THINK HE IS A GOOD QB. I THINK HE IS LESS THAN AVERAGE and I wouldn't want him as my teams starting QB and if Cincy wanted him long term they would have structured teh contract to show that and they didn't. Do what you will with that info and take a look at the list yourself because those QBs I think are better came out immediately. Make a list and I'll tell you who I would add, but I'm not taking the time to write it all down. And don't come back with some bull shit after like "well he only threw 20 TDs" because that isn't how I judge Football players. Dalton is on a great situation with a great OL and a WR that seemingly comes down with a ton of his stupid "up for grabs throws".

Jeez, chill out cranky pants. Football starts soon and you're walking around with a knot in your panties. I have no issue with you having an opinion. It seems like most people are saying he's between 15 and 20. I'm just taking issue with you saying, "He's barely a starting NFL QB" after he throws for 4300 yards and 33 TDs and signing for 100 million. Then you said there are atleast 18 CLEARLY better and I just wanted to know who these 18 are.