• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Dalton, 6 years - $115,000,000

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have your opinion. You can also say you wouldnt want him on your team. But 4300 yards and 33 TDs simply isn't, "Hes barely a starting caliber NFL QB". There's about 15 teams that WOULD love to have him.

He does throw a lot of pics (20) but his 88 QBR is good.

This is why I grew to love Nick ......
Numbers are numbers .... but when you put up those numbers ..... the Qb isnt the problem with your team

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You agree with Nick, I will take Jarntt and esm 11 side.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Dalton is bad. He isnt what I think of when I think of the Bengals being a good team though. They have a Superbowl caliber defense. They also have a fairly decent running game and a big time weapon out of the Backfield. They have a top 3 WR. A lot of QBs could win with that team

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he is going into his 4rth yr??? He is still young and should get a little better.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the deal. He helping his team get in the playoffs. Whether he is average or not doesn't matter. He getting his team in the postseason. He may not be winning, but he getting them there and his division not exactly chopped liver either. We play in this horrible division yet haven't been in playoffs since 2009, which is two years before Dalton even came in the league and Dalton has been to the playoffs three times since then.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the deal. He helping his team get in the playoffs. Whether he is average or not doesn't matter. He getting his team in the postseason. He may not be winning, but he getting them there and his division not exactly chopped liver either. We play in this horrible division yet haven't been in playoffs since 2009, which is two years before Dalton even came in the league and Dalton has been to the playoffs three times since then.

:agree::agree:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have your opinion. You can also say you wouldnt want him on your team. But 4300 yards and 33 TDs simply isn't, "Hes barely a starting caliber NFL QB". There's about 15 teams that WOULD love to have him.

He does throw a lot of pics (20) but his 88 QBR is good.

He's not a top 20 QB. Therefore he is less than average. Use whatever semantics you'd like to categorize that. Again, stats don't tell the whole story. Often it just means you throw a lot. But if you want to quote stats, what is his QB rating in his 3 playoff games? Also, in their losses last year he had one game that he threw more TDs than Ints. Plus the guy is horrible with pressure on him. Cincy has a good line and if they didn't you'd probably see more of the real Dalton. I'd say he has a max two more years as the Cincy starting QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with most of that Earl. I would just add as tough as his division is - which he has a losing record against- the NFC is a whole different beast than the Afc these days.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a top 20 QB. Therefore he is less than average. Use whatever semantics you'd like to categorize that. Again, stats don't tell the whole story. Often it just means you throw a lot. But if you want to quote stats, what is his QB rating in his 3 playoff games? Also, in their losses last year he had one game that he threw more TDs than Ints. Plus the guy is horrible with pressure on him. Cincy has a good line and if they didn't you'd probably see more of the real Dalton. I'd say he has a max two more years as the Cincy starting QB.

He has top be top 20. I'd say around 16-18. He is better then Schaub in Oakland, EJ Manuel in Buffalo, Matt Cassel in Minny, Geno Smith in NY, McKown in Tampa, Locker in Tenneessee, Palmer in AZ. I think he is in that 16-18 range with players like Bradford/A.Smith types. Im not a huge fan I just take exception putting him in the 20s with scrubs like Manuel/Schaubb/Geno Smith/Hoyer.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is the going rate for starting QBs. So unless a team is looking to replace the QB all their contracts are gonna be like that.

Looks like they are only dedicated to him for about 3 seasons really. After that he is cuttable. Also like the part where some of that contract is on escalators. If he earns those so be it. At least he earned them. Doesn't look all that bad of a contract for the bengals if what has been reported is accurate. All QB contracts for now on will break 100mil. For any that is considered a starter.

Bengals committed about 3 years on him & if things work out they have him under contract. If not he is cuttable.
Said when the room contract came out. It is only gonna get more expensive for a long term starter.

Now the Niners contract was genius in my mind.
It is like yearly contracts bunched up into a 7 year contract.
Bingo that's what Iv'e been saying for a while now. Every team that believes they have a "franchise QB" is going to shell out this kind of money period. How you define franchise is up to that G.M.

I said Before it's probably 12 guys who can be looked at as a franchise qb (I think now does you don't have to be great to define that criteria). I still think it's a team friendly contract because like Kap it's basically a year to year contract with heavy incentives.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has top be top 20. I'd say around 16-18. He is better then Schaub in Oakland, EJ Manuel in Buffalo, Matt Cassel in Minny, Geno Smith in NY, McKown in Tampa, Locker in Tenneessee, Palmer in AZ. I think he is in that 16-18 range with players like Bradford/A.Smith types. Im not a huge fan I just take exception putting him in the 20s with scrubs like Manuel/Schaubb/Geno Smith/Hoyer.

He's not in my top 20 and I wonder if I'd rather have Palmer even as of today. If he looks like he did last year with that crappy line then I'll change my mind and put Dalton ahead of him. Im surprised since you Y
want to quote last years regular season stats and ignore everything else that you want to put him ahead of McCown. I've watched Dalton play a lot and am not impressed. His best pass is throwing it up for grabs to AJ deep in single coverage and him fighting for the ball. I'd also rather have a few of the Youngs guys, but obviously not for this year.

Here's the thing. There are a lot of QBs in this league that shouldn't be starting. Saying he is better than them doesn't make him a good QB and doesn't even make him not a bad QB.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not in my top 20 and I wonder if I'd rather have Palmer even as of today. If he looks like he did last year with that crappy line then I'll change my mind and put Dalton ahead of him. Im surprised since you Y
want to quote last years regular season stats and ignore everything else that you want to put him ahead of McCown. I've watched Dalton play a lot and am not impressed. His best pass is throwing it up for grabs to AJ deep in single coverage and him fighting for the ball. I'd also rather have a few of the Youngs guys, but obviously not for this year.

Here's the thing. There are a lot of QBs in this league that shouldn't be starting. Saying he is better than them doesn't make him a good QB and doesn't even make him not a bad QB.

opinions are like ass holes. Every body has one. That said I agree Dalton isn't top 20. As for him being someplace between 15 an 20 I'd have to say to PE1 he's much closer to 20.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just that though. There are a lot of starting QBs right now that just flat out suck. So being better than 10 or 12 of them really doesn't mean anything. Looking quickly I came up with around 18 guys that are clearly better than him. Then there is a group of 4 or so guys he is equal to and then there are guys that teams should be looking at luring Orton out of retirement for or hoping their draft picks become a player...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had him as high as 14 and as low as 18.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just that though. There are a lot of starting QBs right now that just flat out suck. So being better than 10 or 12 of them really doesn't mean anything. Looking quickly I came up with around 18 guys that are clearly better than him. Then there is a group of 4 or so guys he is equal to and then there are guys that teams should be looking at luring Orton out of retirement for or hoping their draft picks become a player...

Just read this. Obviously pretty close

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,303.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he deserves every penny of it. he is the reason the bengals are even contenders. other then him who else do they have?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he deserves every penny of it. he is the reason the bengals are even contenders. other then him who else do they have?

Their defense? Their young stud WR? Their young stud RB? Their OL?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...... a top 5 defense & a running game.