• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck just an average QB

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Peyton's game has deteriorated since the middle of last season. He may have been elite in the past but not anymore.
Agreed - I qualified it in an earlier post and said not based on current play

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. Are stats the measure? Is it leadership? Is it post season wins? Is it taking command of the field and making ordinary players look great?
I believe making everyone around you play at a higher level is an indicator of being elite.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. Are stats the measure? Is it leadership? Is it post season wins? Is it taking command of the field and making ordinary players look great?

It's a mix of all of that, and the eye test. I'd say that Drew Brees and Big Ben are clearly elite QBs in this league based on all of that.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a mix of all of that, and the eye test. I'd say that Drew Brees and Big Ben are clearly elite QBs in this league based on all of that.
I sound like a homer but I think Ben and Brees are definitely elite.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truly great ones, people dont make excuses for them normally

"O-Line, Weapons, etc.....

Seems there is always an excuse of Luck, this year being the Shoulder issue

Oh and receiver dropping passes and such?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Luck is too short. He needs to be more prototypical size. Ya, that's it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite QB's imo, is a player that performs at the highest level each and every season... Brees and Big Ben have not done that like Manning, Brady, Rodgers have...

Yeah, Luck is struggling... Would I label him "elite"? Helk no but he's definitely better than "mediocre"... He's just struggling...

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it for a long time: Andrew Luck is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL. The fact that he made it to the Pro Bowl as a rookie with the kind of garbage numbers he put up is an affront to the many superior quarterbacks in the AFC that year. He was second in the league in interceptions, 26th in passer rating (Blaine Gabbert, Michael Vick, and Christian Ponder were ahead of him), and 31st in completion percentage. That's right folks - second to last in the entire NFL in terms of his overall accuracy percentage. His stat line that season was most comparable to Josh Freeman, yet the media and his adoring fans propelled him into the Pro Bowl and into elite status by the following season.

And don't even get me started on his horrid post season numbers.

As for "elite", I'm with @Balljim55. That designation gets handed out far too liberally. We've seen it with Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, and with Andrew Luck in recent years. None of those guys are elite, but at least Eli and Joe have something on their resume where the most wildly creative (or delusional) homers have something to argue. With Luck, you have nothing other than a rookie passing yard record and even that record is overrated as he also threw it more than any rookie in league history. At the end of the day, he has a long ways to go to actually earn the fanfare and accolades that have been unjustifiably given to him at this stage in his career.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of overrated players.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's Luck-y to be in the worst division in football or the Colts would struggle to make the playoffs.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterbacks do not win games, they lose them.

Games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's Luck-y to be in the worst division in football or the Colts would struggle to make the playoffs.

I'm starting to wonder if they will win their division. These next 5 games @ Carolina, Denver, @ Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and @ Pittsburgh. With how they are playing I could see them going 1-4 in that stretch. I could also see them going 2-2 to finish out the year making it to where they only win 6 games. Now given I have no clue who in their division could then go and win more than 6 games.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 wins probably wins that division:suds:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if they will win their division. These next 5 games @ Carolina, Denver, @ Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and @ Pittsburgh. With how they are playing I could see them going 1-4 in that stretch. I could also see them going 2-2 to finish out the year making it to where they only win 6 games. Now given I have no clue who in their division could then go and win more than 6 games.
The Texans are a mess, and losing Foster means it's even more of a mess.
The Titans have their rookie QB injured.
The Jags might give them their best fight to win the division, Bortles has been the best QB in the AFCS. They also should have beaten the Colts but missed 2 game winning FG's.
I could see 6 wins being enough in that mess of an AFC South. It would be hilarious if the Colts didn't make the playoffs for how overhyped they were going into the season, but I still expect them to somehow win it.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must not be able to read or don't listen to garbage on television because I haven't hear anything about Luck being a HOFer or elite by anyone. It's still early in his career so I'll hold judgement on Luck but I know many teams out there that wouldn't mind Luck on there team.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe Luck does have the skill set to be great but this elite crap that many of you posters worry about is garbage. Why does everyone have to be elite or not elite? The Colts are a mess from top to bottom and it just isn't all on Luck. When you have a drunk owner and GM that has no clue and a coach that has a RB that is averaging over 4 yards per carry but doesn't use him that is a huge problem. Great call on special teams versus the Patriots in which Luck looked pretty good and the Colts had a chance to win that game. Trent Cole on defense has been pretty quiet as well. It's more then just Luck that is the problem.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess things went from Suck for Luck to Suck with Luck!

That FO's a complete mess though. He plays in a crap division but he gets some degree of difficulty points for playing on Irsay's team.