• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck is an interception machine.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. Those 20 years of QB greatness brought Indy 1 SB Championship. Congrats.
Problem is Indy should have won 5, but that's OK with you I guess.

Both of your GREAT QB's have a reputation for stellar regular season play, then CHOKE in the playoffs.
But ya, we are jealous of all that PLAYOFF greatest.
My points has nothing to do with super bowls, but great QBs......sorry but I just don't see it in Wilson

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Eli Manning/Joe Flacco fan! I know it just KILLS you to see people worshiping Luck....but honestly, the praise is legit no matter how many Super Bowls Wilson wins behind a great defense and running game
Stupid.jpg
:tape:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when throwing out the Luck vs Wilson comparison its fair to point out that Wilson gets sacked a TON more than Luck the past two year and is in a lot fewer passing situations.

2014 Sack rates were 8.7% for Wilson and 6.1% for Luck
2013 Sack rates were 9.6% for Wilson and 5.6% for Luck

If you take fewer sacks, you throw more interceptions. Nick Foles had a great 2013 season and had an INT rate of .6%. In 2014 it rose dramatically to 3.2%. In 2013, Foles got sacked 8.1% of the time while in 2014 he got sacked 2.8% of the time.

Wilson wins because he plays conservatively and has a great defense. Thats why he looks good compared to most other QBs even Luck. The reality is that if Luck was offered to Seattle in a trade for Wilson then Seattle would do the deal without blinking. I personally don't think Luck is all that much better than Wilson but I dont think its fair to compare the two players on different teams at this early juncture of both of their careers. The better QB will probably be more obvious in about 5 years when both guys lose their legs.

Last edited:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Flacco is great......feel better?

Very Good, Elite, Top tier, yes !!....But I'm smart enough to know that he has not reached Great as of yet...
I think he will be, but it takes a whole career to earn that title....
That's what you obviously don't understand...:scratch:

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then take Tarkenton off. :noidea:

Take off most off the list... only Rodgers is of the same era were recent emphasis of rules changes has greatly helped the passing game (QBs).

I consider Luck a great player, I would take him on my team if Packers did not have Rodgers. However, your football knowledge is lacking if you think you can compare Luck`s TD/INT ratio to QBs of the 80/90´s.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 3 years Luck has a combined 71 interceptions and lost fumbles over 54 games.

Again, he is a great young QB but he is still turnover prone. There is no denying it.

Because he's a great young QB. Average young QBs lean on their run games on offense and end up on teams with ready made defenses instead of a really awful defense that has to get carried to the playoffs by a great young QB forced to take chance after chance just to have any hope of winning a football game.

Good that only took one sentence.

Last edited:

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did your "unbiased facts" have anything to do with this thread other than proving your massive inferiority complex?
defensive much? Those stats show what Luck has done at certain points in the game

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's a great young QB. Average young QBs lean on their run games on offense and end up on teams with ready made defenses instead of a really awful defense that has to get carried to the playoffs by a great young QB forced to take chance after chance just to have any hope of winning a football game.

Good that only took one sentence.

I still don't get why people want to force others to think he's great - he hasn't shown any consistency in his career thus far. You can claim that there are extenuating circumstances, but the fact remains that he hasn't been what people want to think he is.

Since 2012 - he ranks low top 10 or lower in nearly every category (minnimum 672 attenpts):

Completions - 9th
Attempts - 6th
Comp % - 26th
Yards - 6th
YPA - 16th
TDs - 9th
TD% - 12th
INT - 9th
INT% - 10th
Rating - 15th
Sacked - 13th
Sack Y - 11th
ANY/A - 15th

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Hobbs suck in the playoffs too?

Don't know, the movie ended. I would guess if they made a sequel his playoff record would be better than Peyton's with Den though...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know, the movie ended. I would guess if they made a sequel his playoff record would be better than Peyton's with Den though...

Funny to see a Cowboys fan talking about playoff success/failure. Have to make the playoffs on a regular basis to have success or failure. Throw in the Broncos have actually been to the Super Bowl in the time Manning has been here. So essentially the Broncos have been to as many Super Bowls as the Cowboys have made the playoffs in that same time span of Manning at Denver.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My points has nothing to do with super bowls, but great QBs......sorry but I just don't see it in Wilson
and I don't think Luck is a great QB yet. That will be proven on the field, but you don't seem to get that or prefer to ignore it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny to see a Cowboys fan talking about playoff success/failure. Have to make the playoffs on a regular basis to have success or failure. Throw in the Broncos have actually been to the Super Bowl in the time Manning has been here. So essentially the Broncos have been to as many Super Bowls as the Cowboys have made the playoffs in that same time span of Manning at Denver.

I'm just responding to your dicky comment. You brought it up. Let me know how far we are allowed to go back to talk playoff performance.

And how did that SB turn out since we are talking playoff performance? 43-8??? Weren't you favored? And that year was surrounded by two "one and dones" at home by a team that won 12 or 13 games??? Weren't you favored in those too? That is embarrassing, no?? Oh and I don't do the old history thing so you won't see me bringing up the distant past because it's meaningless. So to me we won a playoff game last year. you didn't and our future is a lot brighter than yours right now...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just responding to your dicky comment. You brought it up.
And how did that SB turn out since we are talking playoff performance? 43-8??? And that year was surrounded by two "one and dones" at home by a team that won 12 or 13 games??? That is embarrassing, no?? Oh and I don't do the old history thing so you won't see me bringing up the distant past because it's meaningless. So to me we won a playoff game last year. you didn't and our future is a lot brighter than yours right now...

First off we both made it to the same round of the playoffs last year. Wow your team won a wild card game. We still went out at the same place. Again just showing that you talking about Peyton's playoff success with the Broncos is ridiculous when your team has all of one time of making the playoffs in the last 5 years. Also how in the world can you say your team has a brighter future than the Broncos? We have no clue at this point. The Broncos right now have a very young defense that has finished top-5 in pretty much every category twice in the last 3 years with the one year being riddled with injuries (only 2 starters the team finished with actually started the next year). So the Broncos have shown they have plenty on defense. They also have a Pro Bowl RB and 2 Pro Bowl WR's on offense. It really comes down to for the Broncos if they find a quality QB to take the place of Manning when he hangs it up. If they do then they are right in the thick of things year in and year out post Manning. If they find more of a Mark Sanchez then yes they could be in trouble. So again not sure how in the world you can say your team has the brighter future when nobody knows what the future holds for either of our teams?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off we both made it to the same round of the playoffs last year. Wow your team won a wild card game.

Sounds like something Wade Phillips would say. I'll have to ask PDay to remind me of the exact quote. "Elite 8"??? I prefer "one and done"...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something Wade Phillips would say. I'll have to ask PDay to remind me of the exact quote. "Elite 8"??? I prefer "one and done"...

Again what is the difference between where our two teams finished? Even beyond that again the Broncos have made the playoffs 4 straight years (one of those with Tim Tebow of all QB's). Your team has made it once in the last 5 years. Throw in all 4 of those years the Broncos have made it to the divisional round or further.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proves he's an int machine!
Again?

Andrew Luck has played in 6 playoff games now.
He has thrown 12 interceptions in those games.
He has completed 147 out of 260 passes.

Therefore,
Luck will throw a pick every 21 passes
For every 12 passes caught by his team, 1 will be caught by the other team.