• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck a top 5 quarterback

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize. I used more than two syllables at least a coupla times. Next time I will write a retort you can follow.

Wow, you've trumped the shallow idiocy of your first retort. :clap:

Luck remains a good prospect until he does something in the clutch.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you've trumped the shallow idiocy of your first retort. :clap:

Luck remains a good prospect until he does something in the clutch.

We have been somewhat friends for a long time. I don't really want to go into full "Wrath of Khan" mode with you. And I would appreciate it if you quit trying to entice me.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break. What was left of the Colts defense (and I used that term almost humorously) could not stop me from rushing for 200 yards. Luck knew he had to score a lot to stand a chance and he took risks. New England's defense was prepared.

You would be both admiring his looks and fellating him if he wore your loathsome Patsie uniform. Oh wait, any NE fan would just about any player. Guess it is all the inbreeding and filthy water out there.

We have indeed been friendly with each other and nothing's changed. I just found it funny that you chose to toss homerism my way when it's your own homerism that has you defending Luck. One last time, Romo would have been crucified for the same performance Andrew had in that last playoff game.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have indeed been friendly with each other and nothing's changed. I just found it funny that you chose to toss homerism my way when it's your own homerism that has you defending Luck. One last time, Romo would have been crucified for the same performance Andrew had in that last playoff game.

The one thing Luck has not yet learned is when to ease back and go with the flow. Your Patsies were running the ball through us like crap goes through a goose. Luck tried to force the issue. He paid the price. Just another valuable lesson. He is as intense a competitor as you will find.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fair enough.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely hilarious to see nervous as hell Pats fans in this thread. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I'm nervous, I could see this guy getting it done in the postseason, so Indy is a formidable foe now

I dont know how formidable they are right now as a true contender. They're very well coached and Luck is a stud, but they need more talent to make any kind of deep run.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how formidable they are right now as a true contender. They're very well coached and Luck is a stud, but they need more talent to make any kind of deep run.

If not for all their injuries later in season, who knows, you saw them play your Hawks and SF. Luck is like a Wilson, Brady and Rodgers,they dont fold under pressure. I remember the huge comeback they had against KC, some QB's lose composure and get rattled quick. Have to brush off a bad throw or mental error and go back to work

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for all their injuries later in season, who knows, you saw them play your Hawks and SF. Luck is like a Wilson, Brady and Rodgers,they dont fold under pressure. I remember the huge comeback they had against KC, some QB's lose composure and get rattled quick. Have to brush off a bad throw or mental error and go back to work

Yeah. Depth is key. Unless you're counting on getting healthy at the right time, you need good depth to make a run.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck looks like he'll be a monster for years to come. Not sure why people are so quick to assign a number to young guys though. Part of what makes those other top 4 is consistency and longevity. Lets see him do it a couple more years though. Will that really matters is that he is very good, who cares about observers rankings amyways?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is my main concern. I am not sure they are quite ready for prime time players yet. Luck has won a lot of games he should not have, but lets be honest, mostly against mediocre teams. They had some big wins early, but one wonders if there was some overconfidence on the part of the favorites.

Even though there are some question marks in the secondary, it is the line play on both sides of the ball that will determine how far they can run. Fortunately, it is too early to tell what that is going to look like. :noidea:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is damn good and will be a superstar if Indy fills out its roster well. Not sure I'd give him top 5 status at this point, but I would damn sure lay the loss to NE in the playoffs last year at his feet. He made one horrible decision/throw after another and kept bailing out a Patriots D that had been dead for weeks.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is damn good and will be a superstar if Indy fills out its roster well. Not sure I'd give him top 5 status at this point, but I would damn sure lay the loss to NE in the playoffs last year at his feet. He made one horrible decision/throw after another and kept bailing out a Patriots D that had been dead for weeks.

He's not top 5 because he makes too many poor decisions at this juncture. Just because he may not have all of the Offensive talent he'd like, it doesn't excuse him for poor passes and decision making.

Luck's 7 interceptions in 2 playoff games doesn't get you top 5. One of the reasons I thought brett favre was the most overrated QB in NFL history is because he gave away 5 + playoff games with his poor decision making.

Future #5, sure, current #5, nope.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not top 5 because he makes too many poor decisions at this juncture. Just because he may not have all of the Offensive talent he'd like, it doesn't excuse him for poor passes and decision making.

Luck's 7 interceptions in 2 playoff games doesn't get you top 5. One of the reasons I thought brett favre was the most overrated QB in NFL history is because he gave away 5 + playoff games with his poor decision making.

Future #5, sure, current #5, nope.

I agree with you on Favre.
One thing you may not be considering though. The Colts shouldn't have been in the playoffs, but were because of Luck. hard to be successful in the playoffs with a non playoff team.

With all that said. I understand your point of view, so I will ask you this. Who do you think is number 5?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on Favre.
One thing you may not be considering though. The Colts shouldn't have been in the playoffs, but were because of Luck. hard to be successful in the playoffs with a non playoff team.

With all that said. I understand your point of view, so I will ask you this. Who do you think is number 5?

Obviously they wouldn't have been in the playoffs without Luck. But they play good team football and keep games close. Pagano and his staff know how to keep their team even-keeled and win games even without much talent. Luck gets it done on offense, but they're a well handled group on the other side. Check the #s and you'll see that they knew how to tighten it down when they needed to, how to make timely turnovers, and get better as the game went on. Luck is a very good player, but he is not carrying a defense that gives up points every possession like some of the defenses that Rodgers or Brady has had to work with.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously they wouldn't have been in the playoffs without Luck. But they play good team football and keep games close. Pagano and his staff know how to keep their team even-keeled and win games even without much talent. Luck gets it done on offense, but they're a well handled group on the other side. Check the #s and you'll see that they knew how to tighten it down when they needed to, how to make timely turnovers, and get better as the game went on. Luck is a very good player, but he is not carrying a defense that gives up points every possession like some of the defenses that Rodgers or Brady has had to work with.

actually I can agree. it is a very well coached team.

BTW I by no means think he is/should be in the same tier as the top 4. Also could understand thinking #5 is too high for him, but who would we put ahead of him? On that list I think there is a tight group in that area, but I don't have a problem with Luck being ahead of that tight group.

So I keep reading he shouldn't be #5 from a lot on this subject, but then the question is who should be? (there is only 4 QBs in tier one to me btw)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I can agree. it is a very well coached team.

BTW I by no means think he is/should be in the same tier as the top 4. Also could understand thinking #5 is too high for him, but who would we put ahead of him? On that list I think there is a tight group in that area, but I don't have a problem with Luck being ahead of that tight group.

So I keep reading he shouldn't be #5 from a lot on this subject, but then the question is who should be? (there is only 4 QBs in tier one to me btw)

At this point I would put Rivers in that 5th spot. He hasn't produced like one would want in the playoffs but other than a couple of years he has pretty much been top-5 in every quarterback category possible.

I do agree though that those 4 in the tier one should be the only ones in that category. Luck deserves to be at the top of tier-2 but by no means has his game shown he deserves to be in with those guys yet.