• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anderson is failing as a GM

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to stray too far off topic here, but....it looks like we're gonna get swept in this series by the nats, and we'll more than likely get swept by the fish this weekend too....so I'll ask some of you....
How in the hell can Sandy or anyone else in their right mind even be entertaining the notion of bringing TC back as Mgr. next yr? I know we've had some unfortunate injuries, especially these last 2 months...but the players don't seem to respond and are just going thru the motions, showing no pride or effort.

To me that's a HUGE RED FLAG on the guy calling the shots in the dugout, and also on the guy working the deals in the office.

If he does end up getting signed after the season, to me it's showing complacency, and more enabling..imho....and as a fan of this team since 1968, I for one am sick and tired of being stuck in this muck and perennial mire we've been in for the last 3-4 yrs.

In closing....I do not want to see Collins next year....time to turn the page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do plan on contending it may not be the worst idea to bring a manager in that can inject energy and life into the team. Or at the very least, somebody that can provide a calming, vet presence.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do plan on contending it may not be the worst idea to bring a manager in that can inject energy and life into the team. Or at the very least, somebody that can provide a calming, vet presence.

At the very least....someone who really understands his team, and is actually a good game tactician.

I couldn't care less how available or polite he is w/ the media or all the other peripheral mumbo jumbo...

Bottom line.....we deserve a winner..and desperately need one...in spite of the goddamned asshat Wilponzi's.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really all you have to do is sign one free agent and the flood gates open. So let's say you theory is correct and we'll need to overpay to land a free agent. Over pay for Ellsbury or Choo and that will be an indication to other free agents that the Mets mean business.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to stray too far off topic here, but....it looks like we're gonna get swept in this series by the nats, and we'll more than likely get swept by the fish this weekend too....so I'll ask some of you....
How in the hell can Sandy or anyone else in their right mind even be entertaining the notion of bringing TC back as Mgr. next yr? I know we've had some unfortunate injuries, especially these last 2 months...but the players don't seem to respond and are just going thru the motions, showing no pride or effort.

To me that's a HUGE RED FLAG on the guy calling the shots in the dugout, and also on the guy working the deals in the office.

If he does end up getting signed after the season, to me it's showing complacency, and more enabling..imho....and as a fan of this team since 1968, I for one am sick and tired of being stuck in this muck and perennial mire we've been in for the last 3-4 yrs.

In closing....I do not want to see Collins next year....time to turn the page.

Because personally I think he was only hired as a stop gap manager. Cheap alternative when they knew the team was not going to be very good. So we will still not be very good next year possibly the year after that. So you keep him around and then let him go when you feel you can take the next step and bring in a someone who can actually coach.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because personally I think he was only hired as a stop gap manager. Cheap alternative when they knew the team was not going to be very good. So we will still not be very good next year possibly the year after that. So you keep him around and then let him go when you feel you can take the next step and bring in a someone who can actually coach.

I disagree. I think, depending on the moves we make in the offseason, we will be a solid team next year. Not a playoff team, but I think we hang around and play competitive baseball until the end of August. I legitimately think we can be an 80 win team next year if guys stay healthy.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think, depending on the moves we make in the offseason, we will be a solid team next year. Not a playoff team, but I think we hang around and play competitive baseball until the end of August. I legitimately think we can be an 80 win team next year if guys stay healthy.

I think David was referring to his tenure the last few yrs including this one.

That's the way I read it.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is correct that Collins was hired to hold the reins until we became competitive again.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is correct that Collins was hired to hold the reins until we became competitive again.

I agree with that part. I just don't agree with next year being a throwaway season. If you're going to make a managerial change this offseason is the time to do it. Get everyone in a positive mindset gearing up for 2015. 2014 is a very important season.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Collins would do great as a minor league manager.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious WTF do people think Alderson could have done given being buried under some of the huge...bad contracts he inherited and the stinkin wilpons financial difficulties?

Just sayin'

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious WTF do people think Alderson could have done given being buried under some of the huge...bad contracts he inherited and the stinkin wilpons financial difficulties?

Just sayin'

I agree. Alderson's a good GM who has been badly handcuffed. This off-season will be his time to show what he can do.

As far as Collins goes, well, i'd love to see Backman get a shot. I think that would be a perfect move for the Mets to make. Not only would he energize the club, he'd get us fans interested again.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Alderson's a good GM who has been badly handcuffed. This off-season will be his time to show what he can do.

As far as Collins goes, well, i'd love to see Backman get a shot. I think that would be a perfect move for the Mets to make. Not only would he energize the club, he'd get us fans interested again.

I also think Wally B. is more relatable, as funny and ironic as that may seem to today's ball player and mets fan base...
We'll also need to replace pitching coach Dan Warthen too (ron darling anyone??...lol)..........and I know he had a little falling out w/ management a few years ago but...I'd bring back HoJo as hitting coach....but I'd also keep Mike Piazza under consideration before another organization signs him..

jus' sayin'

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I'm not sure if Piazza would be great right off the bat, but he was a great hitter, not just a power guy so bringing in one of the franchises probably 5 most popular players in a coaching role could mend the bridge to the fanbase that has been burned by management. Wally would also be a solid addition in my opinion. Fans would love it, both would bring a certain swagger and attitude to the club, I'm on board.