• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anderson is failing as a GM

april

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is not a true GM, we need a real shortstop, the loss of Reyes, left a huge hole in our lineup and in the field. We also need three outfielders. a power hitting first baseman, Davis is done. the catching position is still a question mark. Over the last two years Alderson has used 20 relief pitchers, and 90% of them suck. How do we get over the big stumbling block, the useless Fred & little Jeff Wilpon. Only starting pitching has done a good job. Lets hope Harvey can come back.:lame:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has more issues than an avid comic book collector......and during the offseason Sandy is gonna have his work really cut out for him. 2014 should be a do or GTFO for him and for TC.

No more time for excuses. It's time to TCOB and perform, and give the fans what they want...
...A CONTENDER....FFS!!!!

also : my biggest wish is for the Wilponzi's to sell the team..tho I know they won't unless they are absolutely forced by MLB to do so....but unfortunately it appears that isn't going to happen, which means we're stuck w/ them for the foreseeable future......Uggghhhh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though Im not the biggest Sandy fan there is only so much you can do with the Wilpons at the helm they are some of the most incompetent worthless owners in all of sports.

He is suppose to be a Moneyball guy so based on that he should be able to field a winning team on a tight budget. Which he has not there is only so long he can live off the Wheeler trade time for him to put up or shut up.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one optimistic about the Mets future? Even if Harvey misses next season our starting pitching is solid and we have plenty of quality arms in the system. With $50+ million coming off the books and the team saying they will have a payroll between $80-100 million we can basically sign whoever we want.

In terms of quality moves, the Wheeler deal was a landslide, the Dickey deal based on his performance this year seems to be a win, the Byrd/Buck deal this year was a solid return and the trade for Eric Young is an underrated great move.

Go out and sign a CF (Ellsbury or Choo). Take some of our pitching depth, a draft pick or 2, maybe one of the regulars here and move them for a bat in right. Sign a vet arm or 2 for the roation/pen and we are looking like a very good team.

LF: Eric Young (tons of speed, responsible defensively, can be a regular at the top of the order)
CF: Ellsbury/Choo (Speed, defense and quality hitting. Can move the leadoff guy and get in scoring position)
3B: Wright (He's had solid numbers with absolutely nobody around him, let's give him some actual guys to drive in).
RF: Big Bat (No idea who we could get or how much it would cost us but there has to be a team willing to deal an outfielder for starting pitching)
2B: Murphy (Consistent and dependable. If he's our 4th/5th best hitter instead of our 2nd it's huge)
C: D'Arnaud (If he's half as good as he's been hyped our top 6 in this lineup is as good as any in baseball)
SS: Flores? (Can he play short? He's going to be a solid everyday MLBer. I could see Murphy being dealt and Flores permanently moving to 2nd. At which point SS would be our one true weakness)
1B: Duda/Ike (Again, these 2 are wildcards. They've shown promise but need to be consistent)

Some of our pitchers (Hefner and Harvey not included)
1: Wheeler
2: Niese
3: Gee
4: Familia
5: Mejia
6: Montero

Harvey may still play, we can still sign starting pitchers. Syndergard is a year or 2 away but looks to be a potential ace. The cornerstones are in place now we just need to tweek it a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

april

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
( David son ) i agree,we can't keep fielding minor league players ever year

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the issue?

• I love both Murph and EY...but they are both backup/reserve position players (which is what they'd be w/ most other teams) not starters ...especially murph..he's suspect defensively.

• Flores is not a SS..... Period.

• We need to seriously upgrade @1B. Time to cut the ties w/ Ike.....and Duda.

• Our BP needs a drastic makeover.....big time....too many question marks (my 2¢)

That's basically it.

• ps : some changes to the coaching staff wouldn't hurt either.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• I love both Murph and EY...but they are both backup/reserve position players (which is what they'd be w/ most other teams) not starters ...especially murph..he's suspect defensively.

• Flores is not a SS..... Period.

• We need to seriously upgrade @1B. Time to cut the ties w/ Ike.....and Duda.

• Our BP needs a drastic makeover.....big time....too many question marks (my 2¢)

That's basically it.

• ps : some changes to the coaching staff wouldn't hurt either.

Murph absolutely is not a backup. Past 3 years he's batted .320, .291, .284 in horrific lineups. Maybe move him to first and Flores to 2nd.

Eric Young is an everyday guy as well. He's not an All Star but he is a productive player.

Bullpen shouldn't be that difficult to address. Parnell, plus an arm or 2 from the farm system and a 2 or 3 free agents and it becomes stable.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've heard the BP shouldn't be that difficult to address the past 3-4 seasons....and it's been bad to dismal for the most part since then.

The organization has already projected EY as being a 4th or 5th OFer....according to some blogs.

Allow me to reiterate... Murphy is not a very good 2nd baseman...sure he's a decent gap hitter..yada yada yada.... but his footwork at the keystone as well as on the base paths is horrid. NO to him being moved to 1st. Again, he'd be an awesome bench player, PH...and spot starter.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first year Alderson will actually be able to spend money though. The Wilpons finances are in order and if they're basically saying you can spend roughly $70 million, you can make a lot of things happen with that kind of cash.

Again, Johan, Bay and Francisco is all dead money coming off the books. That is HUGE!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first year Alderson will actually be able to spend money though. The Wilpons finances are in order and if they're basically saying you can spend roughly $70 million, you can make a lot of things happen with that kind of cash.

Again, Johan, Bay and Francisco is all dead money coming off the books. That is HUGE!

But at this point who would want to sign with the Mets for a reasonable amount. No one So we would have to give a Bonilla like deal out. slightly above avg player for big money. I dont want to do that. we would have to build a core before anyone would really want to sign with the Mets.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at this point who would want to sign with the Mets for a reasonable amount. No one So we would have to give a Bonilla like deal out. slightly above avg player for big money. I dont want to do that. we would have to build a core before anyone would really want to sign with the Mets.

Regardless of what team you are you overpay for free agents. NYC, young team on the upswing with a captain that has a great reputation and 2 pitchers with a lot of buzz around them? Way more than most teams can offer.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what team you are you overpay for free agents. NYC, young team on the upswing with a captain that has a great reputation and 2 pitchers with a lot of buzz around them? Way more than most teams can offer.

Just off the top of my head Braves, Nats, Cards, Pirates, Reds, Dodgers (though probably no open spots) all have more to off potential FA then the Mets just from the NL. Now the question would be need and money and if they would offer.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates, Reds, Braves all out, they can't compete financially. In fact I'd wager you see the Pirates offload guys in the next year or 2.

Dodgers have an astronomical payroll and are set in the OF. Red Sox, who would normally be free agent competition have all but said Ellsbury is gone because they have depth in the outfield within the organization. Angels out bidding us with their insane payroll and contracts? Yankees are trying to lower payroll. I'm not buying the Mets aren't a good destination for free agents argument.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates, Reds, Braves all out, they can't compete financially. In fact I'd wager you see the Pirates offload guys in the next year or 2.

Dodgers have an astronomical payroll and are set in the OF. Red Sox, who would normally be free agent competition have all but said Ellsbury is gone because they have depth in the outfield within the organization. Angels out bidding us with their insane payroll and contracts? Yankees are trying to lower payroll. I'm not buying the Mets aren't a good destination for free agents argument.

No but it depends on the FA if their entire goal is to get as much money as possible then yeah they will come to the Mets if their goal is to win a championship they wont come to the Mets because despite some good pieces coming up we arent anywhere close to competing for a championship.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're a year away from competeing. I think 2014 we'll be better, think 2005 Mets. 2015 our young guys will have experience, we'll have a lot more gaps filled and it'll require minor tweeking. We could potentially pull of a Delgado/Lo Duca type deal.

We're really not as bad off as you guys are making us out to be. Trust me, I've been a Mets fan my whole life, I understand the jaded views and I'm normally one of the first to bash the organization but I think they're doing it right this time around.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're a year away from competeing. I think 2014 we'll be better, think 2005 Mets. 2015 our young guys will have experience, we'll have a lot more gaps filled and it'll require minor tweeking. We could potentially pull of a Delgado/Lo Duca type deal.

We're really not as bad off as you guys are making us out to be. Trust me, I've been a Mets fan my whole life, I understand the jaded views and I'm normally one of the first to bash the organization but I think they're doing it right this time around.

I dont think we are that bad off and I certainly do think we are trying to build the right way. But I do think that for the time being if we are able to sign FA that they are only going to be here for the money like Bobby Bonilla was. We are well below .500 and play very inconsistent baseball. I think we would need to pull our winning percentage up a little bit before people sign here without over paying them like Beltran.