• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How good is Mac as a #1wr

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty , has. Brought up and interesting take on Mac. Being more of a number 2 wr. Then a one

On face value I rejected that but as I looked more closely I can see his point .

I believe wr is our top draft need followed by TE in this draft , then qb ( in this draft class only )

Since we are stuck with the crappy trade for wince I feel he will need weapons because he clearly is an avg qb. With no history of carrying a team to the playoffs

My feeling is. Williams, Wilson are the real wr1 types while Olave and London fall into the upper 2 category
My question to Sty ( and anyone else ) is do you agree with this assessment?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the injury I thought Jameson Williams was clearly the best WR in the class. I like Wilson more than Olave. I like Olave though. I do think McLaurin is a true #1. He just hasn't had the QB and a guy opposite him to make his life easy.

I do not think he is top 5 or top 7 though.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you all see when Devante Adams played with Jordan Love as his QB?
He looked like crap. Terry is a WR1 and has the numbers to prove it. Chad Johnson and Richard Sherman...who have no reason to toot horns....have said Terry is only missing a QB. Terry destroys 1 on 1, cover 3, safety help, was #1 in contested catches. He doesn't really have anyone else to take the heat off of him either. Respectfully, what top pass catcher would do better in this position?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This up above. MAC has had shit for QB play. Its no wonder he is already thought of around league circles as a bonafide #1. Imagine MAC with Rogers, Wilson, Mahomes or Herbert throwing him the ball. London and MAC and we are set.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty , has. Brought up and interesting take on Mac. Being more of a number 2 wr. Then a one

On face value I rejected that but as I looked more closely I can see his point .

I believe wr is our top draft need followed by TE in this draft , then qb ( in this draft class only )

Since we are stuck with the crappy trade for wince I feel he will need weapons because he clearly is an avg qb. With no history of carrying a team to the playoffs

My feeling is. Williams, Wilson are the real wr1 types while Olave and London fall into the upper 2 category
There isn't much setting apart the likes of Wilson, Olave, Williams and London. Some do things better than others but to quantify, this group all ranks closely together imo. Cannot go wrong with any of them.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't much setting apart the likes of Wilson, Olave, Williams and London. Some do things better than others but to quantify, this group all ranks closely together imo. Cannot go wrong with any of them.

Are these dudes really that nice?
Chase waddle smith levels?
If so, I'm all for it. I legit know nothing about these WRs other than highlights

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I keep hearing is that this is a very deep class of good WRs, but there is no Jamar Chase in this class.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I font see how anybody could say that TM is not a #1, frankly.

There are not 32 wr’s better than he is. Thus, by that fact alone, he’s a number 1, in addition to what is always brought up about him: great production with shitty qb play.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down need more picks but I believe a WR would be more productive short term and long term then Hamilton

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are not 32 wr’s better than he is. Thus, by that fact alone, he’s a number 1, in addition to what is always brought up about him: great production with shitty qb play.
hence i wish to explore his POV (sty's )

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mac being a great #2 was always my opinion as well

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make a good argument

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Commanders were able to acquire a WR who could legitmately be their best WR. That be cool for all involved even Tmac..........if they have a legitimate QB to get them the ball. According to Spotrac Tmac's WR valuation at present is 4 years 97 million. Only Cooper Kupp at 4 years 113 million has a higher value.

Interesting to note is half of the WRs on this list didn't play with top tier OBs last year. Tmac with Washington, Deebo with the 9ers and Johnson with the Steelers. And depending on how one feels about Ryan Tanneyhill(sp), some would say 4 of the 6 didn't play with top tier QBs. Also Cupp pretty much came outta nowhere. Not saying he's not legit, but before Stafford arrived. Its a debate if he was even the best WR on the Rams never mind the entire NFL.

All that said, I think Tmac is a #1 WR. He body catches passses at times and I don't like that, but he's made significant strides in the area of contested passes which was a weakness for him coming out of college. He runs great routes, he's humble and he's tough.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before I tender my rationale for this let me be absolutely clear about TM and his status. Perhaps it comes from a misreading of my prior posts on the subject, but I absolutely refute the notion that TM is NOT a WR1 type and have no idea where that comes from.

Moving on... The top needs on this team remain WR, QB, and Safety. (more on the QB situation in another thread) So, looking at the WR position in content with an ever-changing landscape where this position now commands QB type money, questions concerning how best to fill these roles have changed from how to fill WR2 positions to how best to have continuity at WR1 going forward.

With that in mind, there's one approach that could set a trend throughout the league and it's the one that I'll reintroduce here. All I ask in return is a little foresight and thinking outside of the conventional box.

For the Washington Commanders, signing the 26-year-old TM to a new contract MUST be that first step, such a signing settles his status and gives focus to what has to be done at WR2. For me drafting a talent equal to or better than TM is the answer. This move serves both immediate and long-term goals at the position.

Immediately you get:

1. A dual interchangeable threat at WR1 and WR2
2. Versatility in terms of matchups and how to play them.
3. Better protection against having to rely upon your conventional WR2 and WR3 to step up due to injury of your singular conventional WR1 setup.
4. More attention to WR1 and WR2 opening up the game for a slot receiver and TE. More dynamic pass catchers also make the run game more potent.

Long term you get:

1. A 26-year-old TM playing on a new 3-4 year contract and an equally talented player on his rookie deal.

2. Options 3 or 4 years down the road in terms of trading your now 29 to 30 year old too expensive to keep TM, signing your now 3 or 4-year former rookie to a new deal, and drafting another WR1 type as you did with TM.

3. Long-term continuity at the position. You could literally do this for generations because it gives you a 3-4 year window in which to draft a new WR.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy must not know how Snyder operates. He's taken pride in overpaying and outbidding. However he is right, hypothetically if McLaurin wanted 30mil per, then as far as building the team, it would be detrimental to oblige him

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The site below has TM ranked anywhere from 18th to 21st depending on which PPR you use. Despite not playing last year it has Samuel ranked just outside 60th or bottom tier of the #2 WRs. Brown checks in at 94th or thereabouts and Cam in the 122nd range.

Interesting to me is they have RB Antonio Gibson rated anywhere from 7th to 10th except the the 1.5 PPR where he's in the 11th spot.

Logan Thomas is listed as 23rd all across the board in the TE position

Wince is listed 28th across the board and Taylor 47th in the QB rankings.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The site below has TM ranked anywhere from 18th to 21st depending on which PPR you use. Despite not playing last year it has Samuel ranked just outside 60th or bottom tier of the #2 WRs. Brown checks in at 94th or thereabouts and Cam in the 122nd range.

Interesting to me is they have RB Antonio Gibson rated anywhere from 7th to 10th except the the 1.5 PPR where he's in the 11th spot.

Logan Thomas is listed as 23rd all across the board in the TE position

Wince is listed 28th across the board and Taylor 47th in the QB rankings.

What a mess...

If I am TMac, I bolt this dumpster fire for a real coach and real QB.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a mess...

If I am TMac, I bolt this dumpster fire for a real coach and real QB.

That’s a fantasy football themed website, duke.

We get it: you think washington sucks.

Got it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a fantasy football themed website, duke.

We get it: you think washington sucks.

Got it.
True far as being a FF, but that doesn't mean it has no value. It does after all agree with your opinion that there aren't 32 WRs in the NFL that are better than Tmac.