• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

and with the number two pick in the draft..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dare say you don't speak for 1% of the Broncos fanbase in wishing to trade Manning and "a few draft picks" for Mariota.
I imagine trading Peyton for a bunch of draft picks, including the #2 would get a lot of interest. Still not sure I would use that #2 for Mariota.
I'm sure more than 1% of Denver fans think it is rebuild time - whether this year or next.....

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine trading Peyton for a bunch of draft picks, including the #2 would get a lot of interest. Still not sure I would use that #2 for Mariota.
I'm sure more than 1% of Denver fans think it is rebuild time - whether this year or next.....

Montana only netted the Niners a mid round 1st and 3rd. Peyton with 1-2 yrs left nets maybe the same. I can't imagine a BUNCH.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana only netted the Niners a mid round 1st and 3rd. Peyton with 1-2 yrs left nets maybe the same. I can't imagine a BUNCH.
I was rebutting the previous post from Hammer.
If you think they would be wise to take the "bunch of picks" including the #2, then we agree.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if I buy that spread qbs can't work stuff. I mean look at the seahawks and patriots they play out of the shot gun like 60-75% of the time. The game is changing, if you can't take a talent like MM and make it work thats on you. Quit living in the 60s and get creative. The thing that pete carroll always says which I feel is why they find so many gems.... focus on what the guy can do, not what they can't.

Did I say they bust every time? NO I didn't. I said they bust quite a bit of the time. The transition to the NFL is made that much harder by then having to learn a whole new way to play quarterback compared to those that actually play in a more pro type system. Now yes you are right some teams are switching to a more college type spread offense but it still has pro style parts to it. Such as with the Patriots yes they will spread you out but it is far from being a college system. Brady is still going to the LOS and reading the defense. He is also one who works through his progressions. He also plays under center that 25-40% which is 25-40% more than those college spread shotgun systems. The Seahawks I would say are the closest team to still running a more college type system but even there as Russell Wilson grows I've seen them running more pro style set ups and asking Wilson to more try to play from the pocket and go through his reads. Throw in Wilson is a highly football intelligent player. He is more than just an athlete which is a big reason I think he is one that is finding success in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Broncos fan, I wish the Broncos would offer Manning and a few draft picks to Tennessee, so that we could choose Mariota and get our QB of the future. I mean, I hope Brock Osweiler is going to step up after Manning, but I think that getting Mariota would be a large, productive change for the Broncos Organization.

First off this won't happen as Manning has a no-trade clause in his contract. The Broncos cannot do it and I can't see any team really wanting to do it knowing Manning probably only has 1 maybe 2 years left in this league. Second the Broncos have 10 picks in this upcoming draft but 6 of them are in the 5th round or later so not like we actually have as much ammunition to move up as some people think. Throw in most of those are comp picks that can't be traded so the Broncos can move up a little but not a ton. Finally the Broncos have one of the more talented rosters in the NFL with something like 11 pro bowlers from last year on this team. Depending on how Manning returns they are still in that Championship window so I can't see Elway being ok with then saying we are going to take a rookie quarterback to start as that would be almost like admitting this will be a lost year as the rookie learns how to play in the NFL especially when it is Mariota who is coming froma spread offense.