• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the "Goff Era" begins!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good, thanks. Still sticking my head in here on occasion. Lol.
I remember you and I used to pop in over on the Seattle boards for awhile there over on SeeBS.

My God, when was that? 2010?

Sheesh how time flies!

So where are you mostly posting now? ROD, RRule, somewhere else, or are you just not posting much anymore?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is known for his accuracy...at least that is what I have read and heard. The Rams receivers may find they have room to run after the catch. We will see...the O-line knows they have a rookie to protect and the phins D will be coming at him so maybe they will tighten things up. I don't know what to expect. Nervous time. They are on TV here Sunday and I will have a house full of Cardinal fans from AZ in my home....in laws...:L Happy Thanksgiving. :gaah:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday and I will have a house full of Cardinal fans from AZ in my home....in laws...:L Happy Thanksgiving. :gaah:
They will be there on Sunday??!!! :heh:

I will have 'em on Thursday and Thursday only!

Enjoy the Holiday Bunc! :suds:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be there on Sunday??!!! :heh:

I will have 'em on Thursday and Thursday only!

Enjoy the Holiday Bunc! :suds:

They will be here all week! My wife has beer I have never heard of stacked up in the garage. Dang Cardinal fans.

Just kidding I have great in laws and the grand kids will be here too.

Enjoy Vita

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to see Goff start, but is anyone else concerned about the timing of this? Fisher was firm on the notion that Keenum would remain the guy. Keenum then gets benched after a win. Then there are the rumors that Goff is not ready and players not coming out to advocate for him to play. I don't know, maybe I am just buying into the media framing.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to see Goff start, but is anyone else concerned about the timing of this? Fisher was firm on the notion that Keenum would remain the guy. Keenum then gets benched after a win. Then there are the rumors that Goff is not ready and players not coming out to advocate for him to play. I don't know, maybe I am just buying into the media framing.
They have always said, they wont start Goff until he is ready, which to me means he will start when he is ready.

So the QB change should have nothing to do with whether or not the Rams won last week. It should only be based on if Goff was ready or not.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Goff will be ok on better talent alone over Case. but I think somebody above Fisher definitely called for him to start. Because Fisher backtracked from Monday on Tuesday when he announced him as the starter.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Goff will be ok on better talent alone over Case. but I think somebody above Fisher definitely called for him to start. Because Fisher backtracked from Monday on Tuesday when he announced him as the starter.

SO I guess you can change the phrase at the bottom of your page to... Its about GD time the coach put me in! :thumb:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is in a similar situation as Eli was when he started his rookie season.

Both the teams were/are 4-5, both in playoff hunt, both teams had/have solids defenses and lean on the running game.

Both Eli and Goff were/are replacing veteran QB's that were turnover prone.

Eli led his team to two SB's with teams that leaned on their defense and controlled the clock with the running game and timely passes.

Let's just hope the Rams can follow a similar formula to success regardless of the bumps and bruises Goff will experience his rookie season ( just like Eli did ).

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the boards obsession with Mannion. He looked good against #3 defenses and players who are now on the streets. That doesn't say a lot to me. I believe he can be better than Keenum, but there's no evidence to suggest he can succeed as a starter.

I don't think it's an obsession, we did use a 3rd round pick on him, what he did in preseason doesn't mean a whole lot, we have him, let's use him, see what we have in him, no need to keep using Keenum, or rush Goff?

You don't know what you have in him, til you know what you have in him?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've already said, our offense will look the same. Miami will be bringing it against the rook, I see a lot of short quick throws, hopefully a lot of completions, and a lot of YAK yards from our receivers. You know we will be playing it safe with a lot of easy throws, and not a very big play book, oh wait, we don't have a big play book, same old game plan!

Please surprise me Fisher, go Goff, Go Rams!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's an obsession, we did use a 3rd round pick on him, what he did in preseason doesn't mean a whole lot, we have him, let's use him, see what we have in him, no need to keep using Keenum, or rush Goff?

If we go by that logic, then every NFL team should start their backup QB to see what they have in them. It doesn't work that way.

The organization can't put Mannion in before the #1 pick. That would fuck with the locker room and get into Goff's head. It would be disastrous from top to bottom for the team and the organization.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key will be to get Gurley going. If he goes it makes Goff's job way easier. They have to pound Gurley and use him in the passing game. This game should be about Gurley not Goff.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Goff trade immediately made Mannion to be Goff's backup at best. I still think that will be the outcome next year; Goff starting with Mannion backing up and Keenum elsewhere. The front office (including Kroenke) simply can't risk allowing Mannion to succeed over Goff without condemning their own judgement and publicly looking like buffoons.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go by that logic, then every NFL team should start their backup QB to see what they have in them. It doesn't work that way.

The organization can't put Mannion in before the #1 pick. That would fuck with the locker room and get into Goff's head. It would be disastrous from top to bottom for the team and the organization.

Sorry theres nologic to be gleamed there, The difference is, every team doesn't have QB issues, we do. If Goff wasn't ready, and Keenum hasn't done much, than ya we should have seen what we have in him!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry theres nologic to be gleamed there, The difference is, every team doesn't have QB issues, we do. If Goff wasn't ready, and Keenum hasn't done much, than ya we should have seen what we have in him!

We have a coaching issue. I think Goff is going to be a good starter in this league, just not under Fisher.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a coaching issue. I think Goff is going to be a good starter in this league, just not under Fisher.

I hope so, I was only saying, Mannion should have got some playing time last year, Keenum did nothing last year. You play Mannion last year, and maybe, just maybe, we still have a first round pick next year

As you stated, we have a coaching issue!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, I was only saying, Mannion should have got some playing time last year, Keenum did nothing last year. You play Mannion last year, and maybe, just maybe, we still have a first round pick next year

As you stated, we have a coaching issue!

I agree with that. Mannion should have played some once the season was over.