• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And So It Begins...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to today's game with the wife and sat in the first row right behind M's dugout. Noticed Montero has put back some of his weight, but looks healthy and not fat. Looked too skinny to me last year.

Tim Lopes hit a triple ans showed the speed M's like about him. Not on many M's Top Prospect lists, but was 4th or 5th in hits last year in M's organization. Still young.

Of some of the new, younger bullpen arms this year, I haven't really seen anyone jumping out. Should be interesting.

Sardinas could be the utility man if he holds up. His bat has looked good and he play defensive with the best of them.

O'Malley is holding his own as well.

Haven't seen or heard anything about the 30-something year old Cuban infielder they signed (Dayner Moreira).

Big man Lee doesn't like the off speed stuff.

In Zunino's two AB's yesterday, he swung at the first pitch both times. Not buying in to the new work a count philosophy I guess.

Seeing Spike Owen (temp 3B coach for Rangers) brought back memories for me. He was the first college player I knew of get drafted by M's. I remember him and Hendo getting traded to Red Sox and making the World Series with them.
Good stuff... I have only been able to watch a couple of games so far. I am really liking Sardinas and O'Malley so far. I love what O'Malley does on the base paths and I am pulling for him to make the team, however it does depend on how the roster starts to take shape. I have also liked what I have seen from Chris Taylor so far at the plate, I just like how he works the count although it does end up with him getting K'd sometimes.

Based on what I have seen on Zunino so far he is proving to me that he needs time in AAA. He isn't an intelligent hitter or at least he needs to break down the mental wall of bad habits that the previous staff put in his head, and it shows on how he approaches at bats.

It is still early in spring but I am looking forward to seeing some more playing time from guys like Powell, Cousino, Jackson and Lopes.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey M's fans...if you are still in town for Spring Training, the Salt River Field is a pretty cool spot to catch a game. Anywhere in the seats is prime viewing. The grass behind the wall is a good time too. Plenty to look at if the game gets boring as well.

Bats looking good. I know nothing about him...but I'm rooting for Boog Powell. How can you not?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey M's fans...if you are still in town for Spring Training, the Salt River Field is a pretty cool spot to catch a game. Anywhere in the seats is prime viewing. The grass behind the wall is a good time too. Plenty to look at if the game gets boring as well.

Bats looking good. I know nothing about him...but I'm rooting for Boog Powell. How can you not?
I actually saw a game out there last season, can't remember who was playing, met up with a big group of friends from college. Sat in the grass and drank a bunch of beer, it was a good time.

Boog Powell was one of my favorite acquisitions in the off season for the Mariners. I am hoping he turns into an awesome player for the M's in the near future.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is guide to tell us when the games are on TV?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is guide to tell us when the games are on TV?
I am just using mlbtv to watch/listen to games since I purchase the package every year. I haven't seen a Mariners television broadcast yet. So far I have watched an Angels broadcast and an Indians broadcast for the Mariners games.

Looks like AZ got the schedule.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Mariners relievers Evan Scribner and Ryan Cook are likely ticketed for the disabled list to begin the 2016 season, reports Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Each right-hander is dealing with a strained lat muscle in his back, per GM Jerry Dipoto, who said the news was actually better than he’d been expecting.
  • The outlook on Mariners lefty Danny Hultzen, however, is considerably less favorable, Dutton notes. The former No. 2 overall pick is again on the shelf due to shoulder pain, and manager Scott Servais said he “[doesn’t] see” when Hultzen could get into a game. Hultzen has been working exclusively as a reliever, but he experienced a setback recently, per Servais. One anonymous club official simply told Dutton that Hultzen’s status is “not good.” Dutton writes that the slew of injuries makes it easier for Joel Peralta to make the roster out of Spring Training, also reporting that Peralta is able to elect free agency late in camp if he is informed that he will not make the roster.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been nice the past 2 days coming home to a Spring Training game on the DVR.

I'm in the bottom of the 1st with today's game against the Cubbies, and it's already wild. Should be fun.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the Mariners/Dodgers game last night (7:40 start my time....crazy) and sat next to a couple of 22 year old girls. The one to me works for the PAC-12 network and new a lot of young ball players personally and had some fun stories. She was there watching Andrew Moore for Mariners make his debut. She said she was friends with him but you could tell she was trying to date him. She was texting back and forth with his mom throughout the game. She kept saying 'I hope things go well for him so we can go out tonight'. After the game he came over to her and took a picture and talked. He seemed like a real nice guy. She also said she had a chance to work in NY (working in Corvallis now) and that Michael Conforto from Mets offered to let her stay with him if she did. Said he is a real nice guy as well. Just stupid stuff, but entertaining for me.

Her friend added a story about Matt Paradis center for the Broncos who they went to college with at Boise St. She asked him 'How many times have you farted on Peyton Manning's hands? A lot'. The hidden moments that make up pro sports...lol.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's a little big, but it's a fair park," Cano said. "The only problem is the gap in right-center. When you hit a flyball there, sometimes the wind just kills it. But when it's hot in the summer, the ball carries."

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't learn anything from the game but damn Zona that complex is sweet. I love the remodel of Cheney Stadium but the Peoria complex makes Cheney look like a junior high field

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't learn anything from the game but damn Zona that complex is sweet. I love the remodel of Cheney Stadium but the Peoria complex makes Cheney look like a junior high field

Are you still in town? I am going again on Wednesday. Just got back from today's game. Complex is nice and I actually enjoy the practice area more for whatever reason. Fun stuff either way and glad you enjoyed it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2016-3-13_18-1-43.jpeg

Trying out my phone at today's game. Tyler O'Neill at the plate.