• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And So It Begins...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing that caught my attention, and has little meaning, was that Montero was wearing #10.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Curto ‏@CurtoWorld 6h6 hours ago

Mike Curto Retweeted Bob Dutton

A PCL superstar!

Mike Curto added,

Bob Dutton @TNT_Mariners
#Mariners announce deal with 1B/LF Efren Navarro on a minor-league deal. He will join big-league camp.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only ST but today they win 7-0 with 12 hits, 1 BB and NO ONE LOB...

... Paxton pitches 2 innings w/out getting hurt! Woot!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I just saw a vine of Felix at an event tonight.

Is he really that skinny? That's crazy.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I just saw a vine of Felix at an event tonight.

Is he really that skinny? That's crazy.

He isn't all that big these days. I think he lost the weight late year and kept it off. Funny seeing him like that.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been fit for a couple of years now for sure.

But it looked like a big difference this year even compared to last.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been fit for a couple of years now for sure.

But it looked like a big difference this year even compared to last.

Probably so. Hard to tell in person with that goatee staring at you...lol.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to today's game with the wife and sat in the first row right behind M's dugout. Noticed Montero has put back some of his weight, but looks healthy and not fat. Looked too skinny to me last year.

Tim Lopes hit a triple ans showed the speed M's like about him. Not on many M's Top Prospect lists, but was 4th or 5th in hits last year in M's organization. Still young.

Of some of the new, younger bullpen arms this year, I haven't really seen anyone jumping out. Should be interesting.

Sardinas could be the utility man if he holds up. His bat has looked good and he play defensive with the best of them.

O'Malley is holding his own as well.

Haven't seen or heard anything about the 30-something year old Cuban infielder they signed (Dayner Moreira).

Big man Lee doesn't like the off speed stuff.

In Zunino's two AB's yesterday, he swung at the first pitch both times. Not buying in to the new work a count philosophy I guess.

Seeing Spike Owen (temp 3B coach for Rangers) brought back memories for me. He was the first college player I knew of get drafted by M's. I remember him and Hendo getting traded to Red Sox and making the World Series with them.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NWinAZ I've loved hearing your Spring Training reports going all the way back to the CBS message boards. Keep em going!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from Day 1 of the road to the series...or road to purgatory depending o your view I guess. I don't go enough these days to write about it like I did years ago, but just wanted to rub in the fact that it was 80 degrees around 11:30 with blue skies and green grass. :)

A crowd of about 50 people were there at that time watching a lot of pitchers fielding practice. Also some work with bunting with the catchers (wasn't very pretty though I guess it was only day 1). Then a little BP with catchers. Iannetta, Clevenger, Lerud, Baron, Littlewood, and Zunino were the ones we saw.

As far as pitchers go, everyone was taking a turn in fielding drills. Felix was going half speed at best which is his usual way. He was wearing a hoodie the whole time though it was 80 out. He ramps up his workouts starting in a week or two. It works for him. Walker looked great physically. Strong kid. Iwakuma looked good moving around the field as did Paxton who didn't get hurt while moving. Hultzen as well was moving well.

Since I am almost 50, seeing the coaches is getting more exciting then seeing the players...lol. Wilson just towers over our catchers. He looks like he could still play. Saw Mike Hampton who was also in good shape and looked like the 20 ear old kid who was here a couple decades ago. Servais was playing catch at one point with one of the pitchers and just looks the part. I was telling my wife how I hate seeing sports leaders who look like they never played the game and are there 50 pounds overweight (Lloyd). I know there probably isn't anything to that, but I like a guy that looks the part about Servais does. Alvin Davis was also there smiling up a storm. He was talking with two guys next to me who must of been former players. He just seems so nice. My highlight was seeing Edgar walk pass me and saying hi. Dipoto was walking around the fields watching and wearing a polo and jeans. I showed my wife him, and she said no way he looks too young...he is a year younger than me...lol.

There weren't any fielders working out though most are all there somewhere. They had music blasting the whole time which is something they have done the last couple of years, but the music volume was much higher it seemed. Made it fun.

Like I said, not much to report since not much going on but it has started once again. Our first game is the 6th so maybe I will have something to post from there.

Your wife was just being nice. Guy looks exactly like Tom Brady. If I look half as good as him at 47, I'll be ridiculously happy. Fuck, I'm not even as good looking as him and he's almost twice my age.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your wife was just being nice. Guy looks exactly like Tom Brady. If I look half as good as him at 47, I'll be ridiculously happy. Fuck, I'm not even as good looking as him and he's almost twice my age.
I'm about to turn 40, and I've found that a lot of it is about the hair line. I still have most of mine, and I get carded all the time. There's no way that Dipoto doesn't use hair dye, though, right?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Cishek is having a strong ST so far...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NWinAZ I've loved hearing your Spring Training reports going all the way back to the CBS message boards. Keep em going!

Much appreciated. CBS days I was able to go every day and had a lot more to write about. Now I have to work and blah, blah, blah....life.

Like I have said many times before, it is a lot of corny stuff but I enjoy the little things that goes on in baseball.

Back to M's, the one thing I have noticed is that Montero is only getting late inning work and for a guy who is out of options that doesn't read well for him. I expect him traded to a team like Brewers for 1B for a minor leaguer with options. Some team going nowhere that can have him on their MLB roster and see what he does.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about to turn 40, and I've found that a lot of it is about the hair line. I still have most of mine, and I get carded all the time. There's no way that Dipoto doesn't use hair dye, though, right?

My dad is bald, so I'm probably fucked.

Plus with how hard I party every night, I'll be looking like a blonde, bald Charlie Sheen pretty soon.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much appreciated. CBS days I was able to go every day and had a lot more to write about. Now I have to work and blah, blah, blah....life.

Like I have said many times before, it is a lot of corny stuff but I enjoy the little things that goes on in baseball.

Back to M's, the one thing I have noticed is that Montero is only getting late inning work and for a guy who is out of options that doesn't read well for him. I expect him traded to a team like Brewers for 1B for a minor leaguer with options. Some team going nowhere that can have him on their MLB roster and see what he does.

I'm starting to see little reason to hold on to him. He didn't look good last year, and my biggest reason for wanting to see him play was because of his strong career line against lefties, which he didn't hit very well last year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to see little reason to hold on to him. He didn't look good last year, and my biggest reason for wanting to see him play was because of his strong career line against lefties, which he didn't hit very well last year.

I wanted it to work mainly because I didn't want to see another Yankee screw job with one of their 'Can't Miss' prospects going elsewhere. I grew up with them doing that by over-hyping guys and getting suckers like us to take them for a pretty penny.