• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now what?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville matches. Good, Weber is tied to them for at least the first season of the contract and cannot become a UFA for 14 seasons.

But that doesn't do the Flyers any good. They still have lost a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman since the end of the season with no improvement/replacement added.

Yes, getting Schenn was a nice addition. Yes, it was too much money for Jagr and yes it was way too much money for Carle. BUT...Homer has to do something to plug the gaps.

And with a PR flop like this....playing chicken with Nashville and loosing...not good. But don't overpay for Doan or Ryan...

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see it as a PR flop at all. I see it as a team with balls who took a shot to get a top 5 D-man.
Im glad they didnt trade any of their top young players.

Whats next?
Lets try for Bobby Ryan maybe Doan

And lets lock up Giroux

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville matches. Good, Weber is tied to them for at least the first season of the contract and cannot become a UFA for 14 seasons.

But that doesn't do the Flyers any good. They still have lost a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman since the end of the season with no improvement/replacement added.

Yes, getting Schenn was a nice addition. Yes, it was too much money for Jagr and yes it was way too much money for Carle. BUT...Homer has to do something to plug the gaps.

And with a PR flop like this....playing chicken with Nashville and loosing...not good. But don't overpay for Doan or Ryan...

Which ever teams get them WILL overpay for them.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer just went from having a great offseason to having a kind of crappy. For the time being, this team is worse than last years. We have lots of money to spend though. Might hold on to it for later though. Pittsburgh is in the same boat.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locking up Giroux long term had better be a bigger priority than putting in offers for players who have already said they don't want to play in the East. (Suter)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this gaurantees homer isn't moving the schenns or couturier.. if you dont move them for weber, you dont move them for anybody

i'm ok w/ that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this gaurantees homer isn't moving the schenns or couturier.. if you dont move them for weber, you dont move them for anybody

i'm ok w/ that.

That's great. I want to see these players continue to grow and with our team.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I have had enough of sitting back and waiting for the pieces to mature.

..and if there was a way to find out for certain...I'd bet Snider is too.

Ahh well...onto the next big thing.. :)

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much left out there. We dont need another 5-6 defenseman. I would still like a top 6 forward that plays wing. Doan is all thats out there. The Rags are out (after trading for Nash). Even with the money, I dont want them to pay more than $4.5 or more than 2 years to Doan. Jake has to be signed and once the season starts, extend G. I would not offer more than Read and either Guss or MAb and a 1st for Ryan. I like Read, but I am not so sure he will score 20+ again. If Bryz can play close to what he did in his run last year, we can make a deep run. This is still a very good team.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much left out there. We dont need another 5-6 defenseman. I would still like a top 6 forward that plays wing. Doan is all thats out there. The Rags are out (after trading for Nash). Even with the money, I dont want them to pay more than $4.5 or more than 2 years to Doan. Jake has to be signed and once the season starts, extend G. I would not offer more than Read and either Guss or MAb and a 1st for Ryan. I like Read, but I am not so sure he will score 20+ again. If Bryz can play close to what he did in his run last year, we can make a deep run. This is still a very good team.

With all of the teams that are in on Doan I think it is going to take more than that to get him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anaheim apparently has a hard on for couturier.. cant blame them, but they're not going to get him