• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now what?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We are trying to add to our team without subtracting if at all possible, make it better yet," said Holmgren. "We will see what the rest of the summer brings."

He's done.

Drop the fucking puck!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine if he's done. Every other gm starts every trade discussion with Schenn & Cooter who are untouchable. If the rest of the league wants to she'll out 2 guys who will turn out to be stars to bring in 1 guy who is currently a star let em. Weber was the only guy if even entertain moving either of em for but Nashville wouldn't have gotten anything else in the deal outside a pick or 2 if I was GM. That's a lot of faith in 2 "prospects" but combined in their next contracts they'll have the same cap hit(or close to it as weber). I just can't see raping the depths at one position to add 1 guy no matter how good he is. Teams win cups not individuals.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
Fedotenko-Couturier-Read
Wellwood-Talbot-Sestito
Shelley

Coburn-Grossmann
Timonen-Schenn
Meszaros-Gustaffson
Lilja

Bryzgalov
Leighton

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still would like Sestito not on the Flyers, and want Fedotenko on the 4th line. Dont know who fills the 3rd though.

And fuck Leighton

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I have had enough of sitting back and waiting for the pieces to mature.
..and if there was a way to find out for certain...I'd bet Snider is too.

Ahh well...onto the next big thing.. :)

This has been Flyers managements biggest problem for years.When it comes to defence and goaltending,they have absolutely no patience.

Carle,Coburn,Lilja,Kubina,Meszaros,Pronger,Timonen,Walker,Schenn and of course Bryz all came here via trades.

With this years 1st draft pick,they choose Laughton,a center,then with their 2nd round pick grab Stolarz,a goalie?

I keep hearing people say go after Ryan or Doan and use Gus or Bourdon and picks to acquire them.Why?

I believe the Flyers have more than enough capable guys to score for them.
Address the teams weakest link-defence

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
Fedotenko-Couturier-Read
Wellwood-Talbot-Sestito
Shelley

Coburn-Grossmann
Timonen-Schenn
Meszaros-Gustaffson
Lilja

Bryzgalov
Leighton

Where's Rinaldo?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been Flyers managements biggest problem for years.When it comes to defence and goaltending,they have absolutely no patience.

Carle,Coburn,Lilja,Kubina,Meszaros,Pronger,Timonen,Walker,Schenn and of course Bryz all came here via trades.

With this years 1st draft pick,they choose Laughton,a center,then with their 2nd round pick grab Stolarz,a goalie?

I keep hearing people say go after Ryan or Doan and use Gus or Bourdon and picks to acquire them.Why?

I believe the Flyers have more than enough capable guys to score for them.
Address the teams weakest link-defence

Which defenseman are available out there that you would like the see Homer go after?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which defenseman are available out there that you would like the see Homer go after?

For me,it would be Yandle.The Yotes need forwards badly,and I believe Homer would be able to package up a good deal.

Out of the free agents available,it would be Carlson.Not exactly sure if it would take more than a forward and pick to get him(to replace potential loss of Semin).

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.
#1, Sign Jake 2 years $3.25-3.5 per;
#2. Sign MAB for $1.1 or 1.2 for another year;
#3. Trade Read, Guss and a #1 for Ryan. (Dont know if thats enough but sounds as good if not better than what Rags sent to the BJ's);
#4. Extend G for 100 years; and
# Trade crap for Tobias Enstrom at trade deadline and sign him long term.

With Kimmo of the books next year we should be in good shape to get Enstrom and another forward.

How would this look:

Hartnell-G-Ryan
Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
Wellwood-Couruier-Voracek
Fedetenko-Talbot-Rindaldo/Sestito/Shelley

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I feel with Weber not coming here we have a much greater shot at snagging Doan, unless Shane thinks "Well NYR got Nash, so clearly they must be better" and signs with them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See: Sestito, Tom

I would too, but both are not hockey players and could easily be replaced by a Testwuide or Holmstrom or have some kind on NHL qualities that are effective.

Then what do we do when guys start taking cheap shots at Gee?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he gets penalized if put on any lineup sheet.Real or imaginary.

Sestito is the same way. I like him a lot, don't get me wrong but remember last off-season when he straight destroyed a guy with an illegal hit? He got suspended for it and lost his shot at making the Flyers roster because of it.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me,it would be Yandle.The Yotes need forwards badly,and I believe Homer would be able to package up a good deal.

Out of the free agents available,it would be Carlson.Not exactly sure if it would take more than a forward and pick to get him(to replace potential loss of Semin).

All of the UFA's are poop. I also think Yandle is to expensive and a little overrated.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what do we do when guys start taking cheap shots at Gee?

Simmonds, Hartnell, the Schenns. We made it in the brawl infested Pengiuns series fine without a Sestio, Rinaldo, or Shelley.

Lets go back 5 years. Luke Schenn hadnt even been drafted yet. Giroux takes a cheap shot.

[YOUTUBE]tzwhi0J4-u0[/YOUTUBE]

And there is Luke Schenn. Kicking ass and taking names.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Flyers didnt bother to sign the offer sheet if Weber would have became a member of thrFlyers after next season.