• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now what?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds, Hartnell, the Schenns. We made it in the brawl infested Pengiuns series fine without a Sestio, Rinaldo, or Shelley.

Lets go back 5 years. Luke Schenn hadnt even been drafted yet. Giroux takes a cheap shot.

[YOUTUBE]tzwhi0J4-u0[/YOUTUBE]

And there is Luke Schenn. Kicking ass and taking names.

One thing about Shenn, Luke that is, he is a strong 22 year old. He will drop the gloves at the right times. I still think that trade will be a steal for us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Shenn, Luke that is, he is a strong 22 year old. He will drop the gloves at the right times. I still think that trade will be a steal for us.

i dont think it will be a steal, but i do think its going to work out for both teams

the schenn acquisition kinda reminds me of the coburn acquistion.. former top pick, hasn't impressed yet.. granted, i'll take jvr over zhitnik every day of the week and twice on tuesday and thursday, but the flyer aspect, is similar in my mind

i really think coburn takes the next step to becoming a #1 dman this year

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think it will be a steal, but i do think its going to work out for both teams

Luke is 22 years old with 3 years under his belt. He is going to be a top 2 d-man in the NHL

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh, thats a pretty weak article considering the title haha.. it said 1 beat write thinks they will keep trying.. not a flyers exec expects them to get weber eventually

not knocking you jjg, i know youre just posting articles.. just knocking the author of the article

I agree. My thoughts are this...

Wishful thinking...if Homer wasn't willing to part with Schenn and Coots now he won't be willing to later on either. I don't see Poile lowering his demands a year later.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the schenn acquisition kinda reminds me of the coburn acquistion.. former top pick, hasn't impressed yet.. granted, i'll take jvr over zhitnik every day of the week and twice on tuesday and thursday, but the flyer aspect, is similar in my mind

i really think coburn takes the next step to becoming a #1 dman this year

Okay, glad I am not a homer and the only one thinking about this too.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have an interest in Carlo Colaiacovo? Yeah...he's had injury problems, but still...he's easy considered a top 4 damn.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:arg:
Anybody have an interest in Carlo Colaiacovo? Yeah...he's had injury problems, but still...he's easy considered a top 4 damn.

I posted his name early in free agency. I looked at him more of a 5-6. He will get around $3mill. I say stick with what we have and give MAB, Guss and Manning a shot.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pissed we didn't get Weber. However, maybe this is a blessing in disguise for us moving forward. Let's see what our young guys have. Give them some experience, maybe they gain value in trade further down the road. My gut is Nashville will trade Weber down the road when they realize they will struggle financially and be forced to unload him. At least they matched now to keep the fanbase happy.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Bobby Ryan will be a Flyer before camp starts? Just curious if the trade demand for Ryan has lowered at all?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Bobby Ryan will be a Flyer before camp starts? Just curious if the trade demand for Ryan has lowered at all?

Id be surprised. again if they want couts and shenns they can fuck off

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be surprised. again if they want couts and shenns they can fuck off

I don't buy any rumors from Eklund, but I'm interested in knowing if there is any truth to the rumor he mentioned about Ryan to Flyers prior to the Weber offer sheet. Basically he said that the demands for Ryan were a little lower.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy any rumors from Eklund, but I'm interested in knowing if there is any truth to the rumor he mentioned about Ryan to Flyers prior to the Weber offer sheet. Basically he said that the demands for Ryan were a little lower.

Every other GM is starting their talks with the Flyers with Schenn & Cooter. If this is the case then they can all fuck off unless they'ree offering a top tier player + a 1st rounder IMO. You don't trade future stars until you can get fair value for them, if you want an example look at Richie. Whether you like him or not he's a top 5 2-way C in the league and the Flyers developed him and got good value out of him. I see Schenn being Richie 2.0 with a better offensive upside and Cooter being a slightly more talented Jordan Staal. Why the fuck would you trade those guys when with Giroux they'd make the best 3 C's in the league when they all hit their prime?

With what Nash went for I'd prob offer Read, Gusty, a 1st and maybe a 3rd for Ryan, no more. If ANA says no I'd walk away simple as that and then pursue Perry come next off season(yes I said Perry, he'd look awesome next to G whether he's a douche or not).

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Sorry Chip. I didn't mean to give you the shits. :L

I knew his name was thrown around earlier, but I haven't seen it lately, so I thought I'd throw it back out there.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the shits/upset stomach for over a week now... On and off. I just read that West Nile is running rampant in the northeast. I am becoming a hypochondriac, might call the doc later and see how to get checked for that shit. Damn Mother made me like this, worry about fucking everything.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the shits/upset stomach for over a week now... On and off. I just read that West Nile is running rampant in the northeast. I am becoming a hypochondriac, might call the doc later and see how to get checked for that shit. Damn Mother made me like this, worry about fucking everything.

heh, relax JS, its probably all the organic stuff you're eating.. a lot more fiber giving you the runs

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, hope so. I am a fucking nut when it comes to health issues. The sky is falling ya know.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit.....Me too! My left kidney is fucking throbbing like a bitch. I'm seriously considering getting my ass of to the doc to see what the hell is going on.

I suggest you do the same JS.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, hope so. I am a fucking nut when it comes to health issues. The sky is falling ya know.

one of my roommates in college talked about that all the time.. and all he ate was organic stuff

(he was an interesting dude haha)