• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And it starts

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I read they werent 100% that it was torn. Although I would be shocked if it wasnt true.

5th WR is wide open now

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Mcginn has reported it is indeed a torn ACL

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame. He was really turning it on.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I want to be "this" guy...but did anyone really think we'd get through training camp unscathed? Forget our injury history and all that...I would say that maybe what, 3 or 4 teams every year come out of training camp without a guy on IR?

It sucks that it's Abbrederis. Simply from a Badger/Packer fan standpoint. Obviously it's a great story, and I was pulling real hard for the hometown kid...he's incredibly easy to cheer for. But lets be honest, if someone HAD to go down, our #5 wideout wouldn't be the worst position to lose. They seem to be high on Dorsey and Gillett, so the cupboard isn't exactly bare. I think where it hurts most is in the punt return department...though he wasn't a lock for that spot either.

Definitely a bummer, but let's not hit the injury panic button please.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont blame Packers fans for hitting the panic button on injuries with guys like Bulaga and Rodgers being injured last year. Counting on the Claymaker as well. Hew needs to own up to that contact.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not the worst of news Abbrederis is out for the year... he was very slight for NFL standards and unsure he would have made it through entire year. Maybe this allows him to bulk up more next summer for 2015.

Also Packers have a lot of decent prospects at WR doing well in TC... Adams has looked good, Dorsey has played well and participating on first string special teams coverage, Gillete has had some big catches and White bulked up 15lbs and kept his 4.3 speed and has caught most everything in site. Janis has yet to practice.

Personally not going to worry about this injury.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hitting the panic button. Pretty used to this by now. Just bummed it was Abby that was the first to go down. Thankfully the first to go down was at one of our deepest roster spots

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another one bites the dust. Looks like reports are saying Barclay tore his ACL as well

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard he was carted off with a leg injury, but that was earlier today, haven't heard anything since

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld is reporting Barclay's injury is a torn ACL. Not as devastating to the team as Bulaga's injury was last year (provided Bulaga is 100% this year), but Barclay's versatility did make him one of the more vital backups on the roster.

If there is such a thing as a law of averages, to make up for the rash of injuries over the past few years, Brett Goode might suffer a hang nail during the bye week, and that will be the extent of injuries for the rest of the year.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld is reporting Barclay's injury is a torn ACL. Not as devastating to the team as Bulaga's injury was last year (provided Bulaga is 100% this year), but Barclay's versatility did make him one of the more vital backups on the roster.

If there is such a thing as a law of averages, to make up for the rash of injuries over the past few years, Brett Goode might suffer a hang nail during the bye week, and that will be the extent of injuries for the rest of the year.

I am more concerned with Barlay's injury that Abby's

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that Barclay's injury is far more significant. Abbrederis' injury is talked about as big because he's from Wisconsin and went to UW, he's a feel good story. Losing Barclay really hurts o-line depth. Abby didn't win a roster spot yet, Barclay was safe to make the roster, at least I thought so

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barclay was a lock to make the team. He was our swing Ol that could play any position. His lost will be felt if we lose anyone else

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem that there are more guys practicing than in previous years, and I can't see how anyone would expect to get through the preseason without some losses. Whatever, injuries happen.