• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Analyzing The Trades

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could do better for Headley, especially the way position players are dropping like flies these days.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roto with 1400 innings pitched limit.......my SP-darvish,price,cueto,wainwright,bumgarner,(latos)

traded latos for joey bats........

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deal Bone.

You bought low on Joey Bats and traded away strength. Win win.

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roto with 1400 innings pitched limit.......my SP-darvish,price,cueto,wainwright,bumgarner,(latos)

Wow that is an amazing trade. Nice.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should of taken my Morse offer.....Morse will be better! :yahoo:

I figured you had something else you were up to since you didn't bite on the same trade I rejected a couple weeks ago......Now I'm going to have to go find pitching somewhere else but you were the best trade option since you had a surplus......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could probably deal another arm......but morse has lost his value in my mind since the wrist injury

hasnt been hitting since he returned...

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could probably deal another arm......but morse has lost his value in my mind since the wrist injury

hasnt been hitting since he returned...

It took him a little bit, but been hitting much better the past 4-5 games he has 3 HR's......He's batting .318 with the three homers the past 7 days......

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a fractured pinky?

It is

05/02/13) Mariners outfielder Michael Morse said the three non-displaced fractures he suffered in his right pinkie finger after getting hit by a pitch April 11 doesn't affect him at the plate.
"I mean, it doesn't affect my hitting one bit," Morse said Wednesday, per MLB.com. "It's a pinkie, you know?"

After a bit of a mid-April lull, Morse is batting .323 (10 for 31) with three home runs and four RBI in his last eight games

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a fractured pinky?

I think he may have been confused calling it a wrist injury because I mistakenly called it that while we were talking trade a couple weeks ago......

......I was just trying to be funny when trying to mess with Bone earlier, but looking at the stats, I really do think Morse will be better rest of the way.....which is funny because general consensus thinks Bautista is a superstar, while most are ho-hum about Morse......Joey Bats is a career .250 hitter, while Morse is a .290 hitter, their HR's per 162 aren't far apart(31 to 25 in favor of Bats), and Morse is better OPS+ per 162 average.....126 to 123......

It is really surprising how similar the players are to each other performance wise when there is a vast difference in how the players are viewed in the fantasy world.....

What criteria should we set to compare the two from cinco de mayo to the end of season?

I would say OPS or OPS+

Maybe to keep things in the fantasy realm, we mix a couple counting categories with a couple rate categories......

HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SLG......I bet Morse bests Bautista in at least 3 of those 5 categories the rest of the season......That's probably not a fair challenge though, because I can almost guarantee you Morse wins AVG for sure....so he only has to split the other 4 to win.......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
morse will win the .avg and i like him...have him on multiple teams

but i think joey will get more rbis/hr if he stays healthy all year

last year joey had 27 hr in only 332 ab....morse 18 hr in 406 ab

both should improve over their injury years last year but joey gives me more pop

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
morse will win the .avg and i like him...have him on multiple teams

but i think joey will get more rbis/hr if he stays healthy all year

last year joey had 27 hr in only 332 ab....morse 18 hr in 406 ab

both should improve over their injury years last year but joey gives me more pop

I was just messing with you at first.....I would of taken the Bautista trade as well....:D

I was a bit surprised when I started looking a little closer at the numbers they are more comparable then one would typically think......Granted, a huge caveat that I purposely left out while looking at them is I'm looking at the career numbers.....

Bautista really is two different ballplayers......the not so good one he was for 7 years and the superstar he's been for the past 3 years......If he's the guy he's been for the past 3 years, it's not as close of a comparison as I'm making it appear....:dhd:

Still, don't understand how a guy can go from a very average player to a superstar and sustain his new found superstar performance over multiple seasons as he's done.....I don't know of many other players that have done something so drastic......I guess Luis Gonzalez for the Dbacks comes to mind, but there are lots of rumors that was "enhanced"......

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: but the numbers still count in fanasty even if enhanced :high5:

The baseball purist in me hates that there is or will be an asterisk put or implied to a lot of guys over the 20 odd year PED period.

However, the fantasy owner me wishes those days did not end.

Among so many other things, I am a conflicted soul.......