• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's team? That's right. The Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah if you read my comments- you would have seen that I know that the championships are inthe trophy case in the Staples center.

My question is- do you guys take as LA fans claim those?

-I mean- if you want- which im sure you dont- you can go back and see the arguments- but my main one is

say when the Browns moved out- do the Baltimore fans really feel pride over the championships the Browns won with Jim Brown and Otto Graham and Paul Brown when the team was in Cleveland?

if say for arguments sake- the Chiefs were moved from KC to Cleveland to replace the Browns- I certainly would not take pride in the championship the Chiefs won in the 2nd super bowl- its not like there was a parade in downtown Cleveland-its not like i rooted for that team- in fact- there would actually be a decent chance since it was against the Packers i would have rooted AGAINST them- it wouldnt change the fact for me that I had never seen my hometeam win a super bowl- how could i possibly take pride in that?

but on the other hand- like you said- there is definitely a trophy in the trophy case of that franchise and they did win that title...

its an interesting argument and i can see good arguments on both sides.

And like I said - they are sitting here in Los Angeles and since the Los Angeles Lakers is also the same Minnieapolis Lake well.... you figure it out and If you can't go ask your first grade teacher in school tomorrow. She will explain it to you

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know why you have to get personal about it......The Cavs just beat the Lakers who have fallen into irrelevance and i havent lorded it over you or personally insulted you....cmon man

Who said the Lakers are relevant this year?:noidea:

They want that first round draft baby

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said - they are sitting here in Los Angeles and since the Los Angeles Lakers is also the same Minnieapolis Lake well.... you figure it out and If you can't go ask your first grade teacher in school tomorrow. She will explain it to you

my first grade teacher will also explain that a 12-28 record is pretty humiliating

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when it meant something and was a big accomplishment to beat the Lakers in LA. Now its just another game that your supposed to win.

I guess I can understand why you have a little pent up frustration TLF.

Those 16 championships still means a lot, that's the reason you and others are still bitching about the Lakers moving to Los Angeles:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my first grade teacher will also explain that a 12-28 record is pretty humiliating

Not for me - I am not out there embarrassing myself:lol: All I do is watch when they are winning and when they are losing I find other things to watch. Fortunately this is the first game this season I was forced to listen to the clowns on TNT

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 16 championships still means a lot, that's the reason you and others are still bitching about the Lakers moving to Los Angeles:lol:

hey- i am very happy that you at least have something to hang your hat on- because its certainly not how they are playing right now.

next time you watch the Lakers get beat at home- I think you should pop in a dvd from one of those seasons where the Lakers mattered.

and you better keep those dvd's around for a while...

because with Doc Rivers, Chris Paul, and Blake Griffin across the hallway- I cannot possibly imagine how LA is anything but a Clippers city for the foreseeable future.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your own quote TLF

From 11/16- There is no doubt anymore

"That would be a near impossibility to happen unless the Lakers tank every game to be sure and quite honestly, I hope those players have more pride than to cooperate with that plan. I am inclined to believe that this Lakers team is simply the absolute worst team in the league."

lol....nothing like a couple months worth of losing to change your tune....

gnight!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey- i am very happy that you at least have something to hang your hat on- because its certainly not how they are playing right now.

next time you watch the Lakers get beat at home- I think you should pop in a dvd from one of those seasons where the Lakers mattered.

and you better keep those dvd's around for a while...

because with Doc Rivers, Chris Paul, and Blake Griffin across the hallway- I cannot possibly imagine how LA is anything but a Clippers city for the foreseeable future.

I USED to share this attitude but now I disagree.

Not that the Heat has anywhere near the Lakers decades of tradition, but once you know your franchise is traditionally good, then you can easily deal with a down year or 2 or 3 whenever it happens.
Part of the residual of a long stretch of winning is an inevitable rebuild.

As far as the Clippers, yes, they are better than the Lakers right now by far but the STILL HAVEN'T WON SHIT.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its one season.

How many Finals have the Cavs been in since 1978?
How many titles have they won?

Now,answer the same questions substituting the word Lakers for Cavs.

Now what is humiliating?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team moved in from out of town to my city- i could not rightly claim any titles and take pride in any that they won before they came in- but it would definitely be true that the franchise won those titles- that is just me- and i leave everyone to their own opinion and see valid arguments on both sides

This I agree with 100% and I think the Browns/Ravens is the same thing.
Browns fan HATED when the Ravens won, as they should have.
Same franchise (at the time). Correct?
Anyone think Seattle fans are rooting for the Thunder?
Anyone think people living in Minneapolis claim L.A.Lakers titles as their own?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh-youre-from-alaska-and-like-the-lakers-tell-me-how-youre-not-a.jpg

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is significant here is that it is a Cleveland fan that just can't understand that a franchise can have a culture of winning, even if it moves. The concept of a culture of winning is just too far removed from Cleveland sports for their fans to even catch a glimmer of the idea.:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah if you read my comments- you would have seen that I know that the championships are inthe trophy case in the Staples center.

My question is- do you guys take as LA fans claim those?

-I mean- if you want- which im sure you dont- you can go back and see the arguments- but my main one is

say when the Browns moved out- do the Baltimore fans really feel pride over the championships the Browns won with Jim Brown and Otto Graham and Paul Brown when the team was in Cleveland?

if say for arguments sake- the Chiefs were moved from KC to Cleveland to replace the Browns- I certainly would not take pride in the championship the Chiefs won in the 2nd super bowl- its not like there was a parade in downtown Cleveland-its not like i rooted for that team- in fact- there would actually be a decent chance since it was against the Packers i would have rooted AGAINST them- it wouldnt change the fact for me that I had never seen my hometeam win a super bowl- how could i possibly take pride in that?

but on the other hand- like you said- there is definitely a trophy in the trophy case of that franchise and they did win that title...

its an interesting argument and i can see good arguments on both sides.

My question is: Why shouldn't we? We are Lakers fans, the Lakers claim the titles, so why would we as fans claim other wise. People making statements like "You can't claim them because they were in Minneapolis and L.A. didn't celebrate them at the time", is like saying my son can only claim the Lakers won 2 of those championships because he wasn't born or was too young when the other 14 were won.

When the Lakers moved to L.A., they kept the name, the colors, the logo, the titles, everything. When the Browns moved to Baltimore, they left behind the name, the colors, the titles, everything. For all intents and purposes, they became a completely different franchise, almost like an expansion team. That is the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for me - I am not out there embarrassing myself:lol: All I do is watch when they are winning and when they are losing I find other things to watch. Fortunately this is the first game this season I was forced to listen to the clowns on TNT

No, you're on the Hoop embarrassing yourself instead.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your own quote TLF

From 11/16- There is no doubt anymore

"That would be a near impossibility to happen unless the Lakers tank every game to be sure and quite honestly, I hope those players have more pride than to cooperate with that plan. I am inclined to believe that this Lakers team is simply the absolute worst team in the league."

lol....nothing like a couple months worth of losing to change your tune....

gnight!

Never thought I would see the day that the Lakers would tank it although some would argue that they are just that bad and they might be. Either way though, the only way I would be humiliating myself is watching them when they play like that, but they are having quite a few close games that could go either way. The biggest thing they are doing is not closing out games and not playing 48 minutes. If they ever change that they will easily win games which I don't think will happen. I think they want that first round protected draft pick and I don't blame them

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're on the Hoop embarrassing yourself instead.

It's a game - I watch the games, but I have no protected interest in seeing them lose or win on the court. Today I am going to go to work and come home and enjoy living, so it's not that big of a deal. The haters are always going to find a way to hate and attack Lakers fans.

The Lakers will come back eventually and be on top again though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is: Why shouldn't we? We are Lakers fans, the Lakers claim the titles, so why would we as fans claim other wise. People making statements like "You can't claim them because they were in Minneapolis and L.A. didn't celebrate them at the time", is like saying my son can only claim the Lakers won 2 of those championships because he wasn't born or was too young when the other 14 were won.

When the Lakers moved to L.A., they kept the name, the colors, the logo, the titles, everything. When the Browns moved to Baltimore, they left behind the name, the colors, the titles, everything. For all intents and purposes, they became a completely different franchise, almost like an expansion team. That is the difference.

My question is why does it bother them so much for the Lakers to have 16 championship and why do they want to continue to create fiction by saying that the five in Minnesota don't count? We already know that they do and they are only saying that because they don't have anything smarter to argue. It's a stupid argument

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is why does it bother them so much for the Lakers to have 16 championship and why do they want to continue to create fiction by saying that the five in Minnesota don't count? We already know that they do and they are only saying that because they don't have anything smarter to argue. It's a stupid argument

to put this too bed- i nver said they "didnt count"- and i never said it bothered me- i think its a very interesting debate- especially being a Browns fan and being on the other end in a way- even though the Browns did keep the name and colors so admittedly its not an analogous situation....

kinda funny the Cavs stay in the same building tonight...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for my local teams. If a team moved in from out of town to my city- i could not rightly claim any titles and take pride in any that they won before they came in- but it would definitely be true that the franchise won those titles- that is just me- and i leave everyone to their own opinion and see valid arguments on both sides

the Chiefs franchise has also won AFL titles pre-Merger as the Dallas Texans. best believe those STILL belong to the organization. trust me, they have that in their title registry too...