• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins are truly a horrendous organization. Nobody is going to trade for that contract. He will easily clear waivers.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week one in the east and everything seems in order standings wise.

was it me or did Chip have that deer in headlights look with that 4th qtr FG call. College coaches live on the edge and Chip sure looked the pro coach part with that decision. Big year for Chip. I wonder if things don't work out...would UT make Chip the richest coach in college football?

o'well....onward through the fog that is the football season

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week one in the east and everything seems in order standings wise.

was it me or did Chip have that deer in headlights look with that 4th qtr FG call. College coaches live on the edge and Chip sure looked the pro coach part with that decision. Big year for Chip. I wonder if things don't work out...would UT make Chip the richest coach in college football?

o'well....onward through the fog that is the football season
That's an interesting thought. As well as Chip has done the first couple of years, the college game still seems like his calling to me. Like everything else in the NFL, once the DC's have enough film on his offense, they will have more and more success slowing it down. If Chip went to Texas, and could recruit the type of athletes this state turns out year after year....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting thought. As well as Chip has done the first couple of years, the college game still seems like his calling to me. Like everything else in the NFL, once the DC's have enough film on his offense, they will have more and more success slowing it down. If Chip went to Texas, and could recruit the type of athletes this state turns out year after year....
just an off the cuff thought, and the Chip to college thinking pisses off the eagle fan that resides here.
LOL...getting restless in Austin...stranger things have happened.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just an off the cuff thought, and the Chip to college thinking pisses off the eagle fan that resides here.
LOL...getting restless in Austin...stranger things have happened.
Pissing off Eagles fans is an added bonus. They should be worried ... Chip has scrapped 80% of the team to bring in guys who fit his system, and if he walked, the Eagles would be set back for a decade. And Texas is the one college program that could pay more than a pro team, if they wanted him badly enough

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to be ready to do your job, but I wonder if he sent out the kicker immediately if he would have made the kick. it was like the kicker wasn't sure what to do standing on the sideline and waiting to run onto the field.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissing off Eagles fans is an added bonus. They should be worried ... Chip has scrapped 80% of the team to bring in guys who fit his system, and if he walked, the Eagles would be set back for a decade. And Texas is the one college program that could pay more than a pro team, if they wanted him badly enough

I heard somewhere Mack Brown was the lead candidate for the vacancy there, if I were him I would hire Chip.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard somewhere Mack Brown was the lead candidate for the vacancy there, if I were him I would hire Chip.
I heard a rumor that Brown was interested in.....coaching.... again. To me, if Mack was the AD, with his recruiting ties, and he brought in a guy like Chip, you'd be looking at an Alabama type dynasty

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't think it was time for Texas to move away from Brown? i wouldn't bring him back

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the boosters would love brown back now as AD. Not as coach.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on the radio Yesterday that Art Briles might be on the radar for Texas

Sadly I think Charlie Strong gets the boot if Texas fails this year but he will rebound and find a solid program to build. Good guy but in the wrong place without the support to turn the program around quick enough.

Chip to Texas would be very interesting

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on the radio Yesterday that Art Briles might be on the radar for Texas

Sadly I think Charlie Strong gets the boot if Texas fails this year but he will rebound and find a solid program to build. Good guy but in the wrong place without the support to turn the program around quick enough.

Chip to Texas would be very interesting

Chip is another "my way or the highway" coach. Texas alumni can't handle that. They need another coach that doesn't just recruit well, but is a politician and can glad hand with the big money. Chip isn't that guy. Briles won't be either, not after his latest issues at baylor. He will go to the NFL if he goes anywhere.

Strong gets at least another season, IMO.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still trying to figure out why everyone thinks the eagles are so talented? Bradford stinks. Murray does not fit there scheme. Their ol overrated. Their secondary getting smoked. I just don't see them any better than last season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still trying to figure out why everyone thinks the eagles are so talented? Bradford stinks. Murray does not fit there scheme. Their ol overrated. Their secondary getting smoked. I just don't see them any better than last season.

Same reason people think Cousins is a good QB or that RG3 is worth anything in a trade.