• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

American Horror Story

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, pretty good episode. The way this series goes, they would be doing a different subject next year right? It almost feels like they are gonna make us wait thru the off time to find the supreme.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is turning into Heroes. The story is nonsensical and every episode turns the entire plot on its head.

S1 was enjoyable. S2 was a mess and this season is turning into more of the same.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is turning into Heroes. The story is nonsensical and every episode turns the entire plot on its head.

S1 was enjoyable. S2 was a mess and this season is turning into more of the same.

2drup0n.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, this is the first season I've watched of it. I went back and watched the first season, wasn't crazy about it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm more into this camp as the season has progressed. The story is just a big clusterfuck. None of the plot or the "rules" of the show's universe make any damn sense if you stop and think about it for more than 30 seconds. Like that Madison/Kyle thing I mentioned earlier in the topic. Or one that I thought up last night; how come every revived dead person remembers stuff and can function normally but Kyle is an idiot? Other gapping plot holes: If the Supreme can just revive herself if killed, why was Fiona trying to kill her successor? Wouldn't the successor just come back to life? And then Spaulding comes back in ghost form and can interact with Fiona. If ghosts can have interactions like that, why even bring people back to life? And why is VooDoo fighting Witchcraft anyway? That still hasn't been made clear and we're like halfway through the season.

The show is littered with crap like this. Neat ideas that are completely hollow once you get past the surface. Yet somehow the show is still somewhat entertaining. Maybe its the badass intro

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more into this camp as the season has progressed. The story is just a big clusterfuck. None of the plot or the "rules" of the show's universe make any damn sense if you stop and think about it for more than 30 seconds. Like that Madison/Kyle thing I mentioned earlier in the topic. Or one that I thought up last night; how come every revived dead person remembers stuff and can function normally but Kyle is an idiot? kyle suffered traumatic brain injury in the crashOther gapping plot holes: If the Supreme can just revive herself if killed, why was Fiona trying to kill her successor? when did that happen? the "swamp witch", as I understood it was left for dead, but not dead...and I don't think she's the next supremeWouldn't the successor just come back to life? And then Spaulding comes back in ghost form and can interact with Fiona. Fiona was crossing over into death, when Spaulding first appeared to her, don't remember if she continued interaction after she yacked up the pillsIf ghosts can have interactions like that, why even bring people back to life? And why is VooDoo fighting Witchcraft anyway? That still hasn't been made clear and we're like halfway through the season.

The show is littered with crap like this. Neat ideas that are completely hollow once you get past the surface. Yet somehow the show is still somewhat entertaining. Maybe its the badass introthe intro is indeed badass

see ^

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant figure out all of it, but Kyle is an idiot because he was sewn together from 5 different guys, so same person, same body, could explain that.

Fiona was the supreme when she killed Madison. Fiona was just starting to feel weaker while Madison was just gaining power. The new supreme gains strength and the old supreme loses it. This drink the magic castor oil to make you throw up was just a metaphor to me. She had a dream, woke up and threw up.

Think of Voodoo vs witchcraft as a gang turf war. Voodoo was in new orleans already, the supreme moved the coven from the north east into new orleans.

Part of the show is to make the viewer keep thinking about the show all week. Seems like its working.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone missed season 2 it's on Netflix now. I just watched the 1st episode and it was pretty good. Could go a lot of different directions from there.

I feel like the plot is pretty stalled for Coven. We've been building to this big confrontation for too long and the Fiona/Axe Man love affair needs to come to the point where she find out he tried to slaughter witches already.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt the opposite about this week's ep. I've been bitching for the last several episodes that the show had largely been stuck in place but we actually had progress this time. We got a whole new organized faction (Witch Hunters), one faction almost wiped out (assuming they don't bring them back to life because apparently no one ever dies ever on this show), and a partnership going forward. Only problem is we have to wait 3 weeks to see what happens.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back on tonight

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome episode, stevie being called a witch and two songs, just awesome.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome episode, stevie being called a witch and two songs, just awesome.

i felt the opposite. she sounded terrible singing rhiannon too. this season is the worst of the three. i just keep watching in hopes of seeing cool locations in new orleans.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last three seem like whoever was not in the last episode will be featured in the next one. We will finally hopefully figure out who the next supreme is and for it to be anticlimactic, there will be one episode left for that new supreme to do something, well, as long as the series changes subjects each season. not sure they will get another one after this one.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last three seem like whoever was not in the last episode will be featured in the next one. We will finally hopefully figure out who the next supreme is and for it to be anticlimactic, there will be one episode left for that new supreme to do something, well, as long as the series changes subjects each season. not sure they will get another one after this one.

Pretty sure that S4 is already in the bank. This show is SOOO not must-see anymore, though. I will watch S4, but I am not sure I will watch anything past that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show just has zero depth to it. It's like I was complaining about earlier in the season, the storylines make no damn sense when you take 5 seconds to think about it. I thought it might get better as the season went along, but it didn't. It may have gotten worse. Take the Witch Hunters for example. At the end of one episode, its implied they are a formidable opponent. Then in the next they cast some spell that cripples their company and in the next episode they kill them all with ease. WTF is that? If it was that damn easy, why did they keep talking about a "war" that's gone on for hundreds of years. Another example, Queenie shoots herself in the head. She comes back two episodes later perfectly fine and the explanation given was literally "I guess I have a new power" and they didn't even bother to explain what that was. Lazy writing. The show is filled with it. I think all the creators did was sit in a room and come up with a list of ideas. They put them all into the show for neat visuals but never bothered to write a story that successfully makes them worthwhile.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've heard that S4 is going to be circus themed. Can't remember where I heard it, so... there's that. :L

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the story line is weak - but it does deliver from time to time

poking your eyes out with garden shears?? that was awesome

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show just has zero depth to it. It's like I was complaining about earlier in the season, the storylines make no damn sense when you take 5 seconds to think about it. I thought it might get better as the season went along, but it didn't. It may have gotten worse. Take the Witch Hunters for example. At the end of one episode, its implied they are a formidable opponent. Then in the next they cast some spell that cripples their company and in the next episode they kill them all with ease. WTF is that? If it was that damn easy, why did they keep talking about a "war" that's gone on for hundreds of years. Another example, Queenie shoots herself in the head. She comes back two episodes later perfectly fine and the explanation given was literally "I guess I have a new power" and they didn't even bother to explain what that was. Lazy writing. The show is filled with it. I think all the creators did was sit in a room and come up with a list of ideas. They put them all into the show for neat visuals but never bothered to write a story that successfully makes them worthwhile.

yeah, that was all the explanation they need. When they do things like this they really suggest the depth of the viewers has an attention span like a door nail not giving any credit for wanting to follow along. They should have just gone the charmed route they are trying to copy, one or two episodes max on a subject, but they will try to connect it all and finish it in two weeks and walk away.